i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource

i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource (https://www.i-club.com/forums/)
-   Rocky Mountains (https://www.i-club.com/forums/rocky-mountains-46/)
-   -   Official RMIC "spotted thread" (https://www.i-club.com/forums/rocky-mountains-46/official-rmic-spotted-thread-48497/)

Magish 02-13-2004 05:15 PM

Official RMIC "spotted thread"

In order to try to get some more traffic into this section of I-club I have decided to start a "spotted thread" for anybody on I-club who lives in Colorado and spots another subie. Heres what you need to say (if you have all of it)

--------------------------------------------------

1. Model of the car
2. Color
3. Date and Time spotted
4. Place/aproxamate area where you spotted the vehicle.
5. Any mod's that you noticed and could recognize.
6. What car were you driving in at the time?
7. Any otherthing that you can say: Did the driver wave to you? Did the driver have a passenger or ski's/boards on top?

Alex if we could please get a sticky for this one to maybe revive this fourm from its current state of death.

Magish 02-13-2004 05:27 PM

I'll start this out...

Today I saw multiple subarus on my way up to Vail but these are the two that I remember:

1st Subie: I saw a WRB WRX sedan around 8:40-8:50 driving quite fast in the center lane on westbound I-70 when I first saw it around Silverthorn and I kept eye contact with it untill I lost it at about Copper. It had a raised stock wing (painted WRB too) a aftermarket, medium diameter exaust and Aftermarket (looked like 18's) wheels. He was being followed by a Red Late model Civic and a Riced out Black Civic with a LOW rear bumper that looked like it was about to fall off.

2nd Subie: Saw a WRB WRX wagon on the west side of the Eisenhower tunnel heading eastbound around 4:15 on my way back from Vail. This driver had what looked like a Apex'i GT exaust or some other Large diamiter exaust that was exiting the car at a angle. This driver had I belive at least 2 snowboards on top. I did not get to wave at this driver as we were too preocupied with some jackass in a Black GMC pickup who was tailgating us and flashing his lights :monkey:.

I wasn't in my regular car sadly, I was in a Black VR6 Jetta with 3 sets of ski's on top. On the way there we were followed by a White old 80's BMW.

-------------------------------------------------
So there you go! Thats how we should do this thread! If you see anyone please post here and keep this fourm alive!

DenverRS 02-19-2004 09:41 PM

There is a older (looks similar to the GC8s) Subaru Outback Sport with some old school 5-spoke, gold RS wheels that parks near Expedex/Bozarth Chevrolet. Looks to have clear side blinker things along with an exhaust.

There was also a Legacy of some sort at Arapahoe Community College today. It looked to have an exhaust.

I've got a MY00 Sedona Red RS Sedan, with large dual tip exhaust with WRX wheels. I finally have the car looking stock again, with the exception of the third eye not working. If you see me and its convenient, feel free to stop and chat.

VRWRX 02-20-2004 06:05 AM

I have seen an older OBS that's dark (I don't know the exact color) and dropped on some gold wheels, with an angled exhaust. It sounds sweet! I see him every once and a while on my way home from work along Leetsdale or Parker.

On Tuesday I saw a black WRX that was dropped on wheels (I think 18's) and a pretty loud angled exhaust. I didn't get a very good look at it. I was trying to catch up to it in rush-hour traffic, but he kept bobbing in and out of traffic. Then when I almost caught up to him, he turned. I saw him on Alameda between Colorado and Quebec

I often see another black WRX in the Best Buy parking lot at Mississippi and I-225 (I'm pretty sure he works at the store). This ride has EVERYTHING done to it - FMIC, exhaust, headlights, body kit, 18" BBS wheels, suspension, you name it. Props on that ride for sure! I parked next to him once, but I have seen it many times.

BTW, I'm in a '02 platinum silver WRX sedan with cleared headlights and sidemarkers, painted sideskirts, and a Greddy exhaust.

Let's keep this going - I love to hear from other Subie owners!

Magish 02-21-2004 04:20 PM

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by VRWRX[/i]
[B]I often see another black WRX in the Best Buy parking lot at Mississippi and I-225 (I'm pretty sure he works at the store). This ride has EVERYTHING done to it - FMIC, exhaust, headlights, body kit, 18" BBS wheels, suspension, you name it. Props on that ride for sure! I parked next to him once, but I have seen it many times.
[/B][/QUOTE]
Did it have a wing? And if it did what type?f it did it very well could be Mad WRX on ClubWRX.

DenverRS 02-21-2004 04:43 PM

The Sedona Red GC8 was sold yesterday. I'm now rolling around in a 2004 Subaru Impreza WRX, Java Black Pearl.

Magish 02-21-2004 05:37 PM

Congadulations! Anymods in the near future?

DenverWRX 02-22-2004 02:54 PM

Changed the name accordingly. :D

Nothing that I can really see. I was thinking of a turbo timer, but many people are saying that it's just a waste of money. I want an extra set of wheels and tires for autocrossing and KYB AGX struts to replace to stock ones when they start going. Thoughts of a blow-off valve come in and out of my head. I think the first thing would see how much it would be to get this @*$&@ Shortline badge that was RIVETED into the trunk, off. But I'll be strapped for cash until promotion time. So other than those, nothing planned.

Magish 02-22-2004 04:24 PM

sounds great! Keep us informed

DenverWRX 02-22-2004 08:18 PM

Haha, ooooh you guys will be sick of me soon enough. :D

PyroManiac 02-22-2004 08:54 PM

well jeff, i saw joe today. Does that count? (the white 2.5 RS, wing) i was driving my car.

VRWRX 02-23-2004 01:24 PM

[QUOTE]Did it have a wing? And if it did what type?f it did it very well could be Mad WRX on ClubWRX.[/QUOTE]

Yes. It has an STi style wing on it. I don't know who he is, I just know his ride is tight.

wrx21 02-23-2004 02:11 PM

I saw a blue 02-03 sti going south on I-25 in the exit lane for Santa-Fe this morning around 6:45 I was coming off the on-Ramp from 6th. Ave Also Going South .. It had 17" gold stock sti wheels, and I was in my 04 balck wrx. "stock for now"

Magish 02-23-2004 03:40 PM

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by VRWRX[/i]
[B] Yes. It has an STi style wing on it. I don't know who he is, I just know his ride is tight. [/B][/QUOTE]
Then its not MadWRX, he's got a stock one.

Magish 03-05-2004 08:25 AM

VRWRX, I think i spotted you at Morison and Kipling about 7:00 last night?

VRWRX 03-05-2004 09:50 AM

No, I wasn't out that way last night. I'm not out in that area too often...

Check out the Just Testing thread for a pic of my ride to see if maybe someone took my car for a joyride and then put it back in my garage last night!

Magish 03-05-2004 11:17 AM

Yeah i thought i saw that exact car there last night, becasue it wasnt a local lakewood owner i had seen before.

VRWRX 03-05-2004 01:28 PM

Dang, someone has a car that looks exactly like mine? Granted I don't have a whole lot of exterior mods, but I'd like to think that it's at least a little bit unique! Expecially in the same state! Perhaps I'm asking too much...

KDamericano 03-05-2004 08:34 PM

I saw a black STI in the the stip mall parking lot off Colorado and Mexico. Looked pretty stock. Gold rims. Pretty clean. Sweet ride.

PyroManiac 03-21-2004 08:22 PM

2 sti in breckenridge, one stock, one with te37 wheels

caz5511 03-26-2004 11:25 PM

Monday 3/22 i saw a guy up in greeley here at the total....had a 2002 silver wrx with alteeza mods and some stuff under the hood. Havent ever seen him around, if its you, let me know...very sexy car! peace

Magish 03-27-2004 07:34 AM

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by caz5511[/i]
[B] 2002 silver wrx with alteeza mods and some stuff under the hood. Havent ever seen him around, if its you, let me know...very sexy car! peace [/B][/QUOTE]
A WRX with altezza's sexy? :confused:

VRWRX 03-27-2004 11:30 AM

Uh oh, let's not get into this argument...

Magish 03-27-2004 02:18 PM

We are already in it... ;)

jk, I personally hate them with a flaming passion. Some punk kid near me has a WRB '02 WRX with altezza's and it is disgraceful...poor, poor wrx

Holograph 04-02-2004 06:05 PM

Most memorable ones...

I've seen tons...usually one or two per day, but here are my most memorable "sightings."

I saw a silver STi coming into Noodles, Inc. in Parker quite a while back now...It was the first time I had met the guy, but he let me test drive his STi! :) He kicks ass. I'd mention his name to give him props, but then he might have a sea of eager test drivers asking him for a ride. LOL I was driving my '02 WR Blue WRX at the time, as I always am.

I have seen/met so many Subarus and their drivers around here that I could fill this thread ten times over again.

Anyway, hey to all you Colorado Soobie owners, and to the guy I sold my blue "i" emblem to, I hope you're still enjoying it. I bought a blue "i" emblem for my WRX, but it didnt fit the '02+ models, only the 98-2001 body styles...so I sold it to this guy I saw driving a bad ass pre-2002 RS 2.5. Coincidentally, he was an i-club member as well (Scoober01). I haven't talked to him in about a year now, though, so if you hear anything from him, tell him I said hey. :)

Oh, as per cosmetics, I think the coolest (and probably one of the fastest) Soobies I've seen was this older guy's blue STi I saw driving up 31st St in the Springs. He has decals all over it, and nice rims. Before his STi, he owned a decaled and slightly modded WR Blue 2002 or 03 WRX. He told me he was the first on the list in the entire state to get an STi. We met each other many many months before I saw him in his new STi, and we had started cruising through some streets in the Springs together. If you know this guy, you think he's a cool older guy, that's for sure. :)

Magish 04-02-2004 06:50 PM

I think I have seen that STi around parker too...

Holograph 04-02-2004 06:55 PM

the youve prolly seen my Blue WRX around Parker, too, since I live there. :) I've got a bad ass silver subaru decal on the back.

kellie 04-10-2004 07:01 PM

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by VRWRX [/i]
[B]I have seen an older OBS that's dark (I don't know the exact color) and dropped on some gold wheels, with an angled exhaust. It sounds sweet! I see him every once and a while on my way home from work along Leetsdale or Parker.
[/B][/QUOTE] To respond to a reallllly old post, that sounds like Troy's car. His car is dark blue, pretty loud and he had gold ADR Sokudos on it. It's turbo'd and really clean.

And the black WRX with the FMIC and big wing is Patrick's car. He works at the Best Buy. He doesn't post on any boards, but if you're at Bandimere at all this summer, you may run into him.

EtchyLives 05-08-2004 06:49 AM

I saw a blue STi headed east on Platte about 5:00pm Friday afternoon May 7th. No visible mods. I was westbound in a '02 Blue WRX Wagon.

You will see this again.

wrx21 05-10-2004 09:35 AM

I've seen this car a few times parked in front of the blue house on the corner of 72nd and Kipling. Its a 2002 - 2003 WRX - Silver Wagon. It has dark tinted windows and aftermarket wheels.

Magish 05-10-2004 02:43 PM

Probably a member of the Silver wagon club :D

EtchyLives 05-10-2004 07:15 PM

I saw a blue STi with yellow "Subaru STi" window banner in the front and graphics on the side that read: Pepe III. Older guy who gave proper respect to my wagon. Corner of Powers and Constitution

I also tailed a 02-03 WRX (with silver WRX graphics all up and down the side of his WRB car...) west on COnstitution. I waved, smiled, waved and tried to be friendly... he was not.

Magish 05-10-2004 07:44 PM

[QUOTE] I also tailed a 02-03 WRX (with silver WRX graphics all up and down the side of his WRB car...) west on COnstitution. I waved, smiled, waved and tried to be friendly... he was not.[/QUOTE
I hate subie drivers like that... most are cool, but a few are just jackasses

regg01 05-21-2004 09:02 AM

Yesterday (Thurs. 5-20). On Parker Rd. one stoplight north of Quincy...
Saw a bright red '04 WRX with gold rims(?) going south bound and I was in a turn lane facing north bound. You (whoever it was) flashed your lights at me and I pointed at you in acknowledgement as you drove by. Just wondering who that was/is. BTW the new WRX red is pretty nice!

regg01 05-26-2004 10:44 AM

Tuesday, 5/25...

Around 10:30ish in the Better Bodies Fitness Center parking lot in Aurora. Saw a silver WRX. Mine was the black 2.5RS parked on the west side of the same parking lot lane. In case it was anyone on here.

PyroManiac 05-26-2004 03:02 PM

[QUOTE=Imprezastifan88]Probably a member of the Silver wagon club :D[/QUOTE]
we need to start a Silver Sedan Club.....lol.
i actually dislike sedans, but it was either an STi, or a WRX wagon....hmmmm....:D

wrx21 05-27-2004 10:37 AM

[QUOTE=PyroManiac]we need to start a Silver Sedan Club.....lol.
i actually dislike sedans, but it was either an STi, or a WRX wagon....hmmmm....:D[/QUOTE]

Well You better watch yourself cause your already out numbered by the black sedans .. And we all know the black sedans are faster .. lol

VRWRX 06-22-2004 07:44 AM

Tuesday, 6/22/04

Black 02-03 sedan with single tip exhaust and 18" Prodrive's (PFF-7's I think). Saw him on Speer Blvd. on my way to work this morning. We gave a nice head nod and were on our way. Nice ride, but it needs to be dropped. 18's just exaggerate the fender gap. Anyone know who this is?

funkendrenchman 08-23-2004 09:57 PM

[QUOTE=Imprezastifan88]In order to try to get some more traffic into this section of I-club I have decided to start a "spotted thread" for anybody on I-club who lives in Colorado and spots another subie. Heres what you need to say (if you have all of it)

1. Model of the car
2. Color
3. Date and Time spotted
4. Place/aproxamate area where you spotted the vehicle.
5. Any mod's that you noticed and could recognize.
6. What car were you driving in at the time?
7. Any otherthing that you can say: Did the driver wave to you? Did the driver have a passenger or ski's/boards on top?

Alex if we could please get a sticky for this one to maybe revive this fourm from its current state of death.[/QUOTE]

Are you kidding me? I live in Boulder and see at least 50, if not more a day.

Sweetest car I have seen yet was a silver STI in Boulder. Dude driving was Asian and in his 30s or 40s, which would leave me to believe he puts top quality stuff into it. (I know I'm stereotyping) I think it had a some slight body mods, but it also had one of the sweetest sounding exhausts I have ever heard and god knows what else.

PyroManiac 12-04-2004 07:49 PM

Saw a WRB 03 Sedan w/ gold stocks. Regular WRX exhaust, but it had a lip on the front, and a carbon fibre hood. Spotted along Havana just past 1-25.

Holograph 12-05-2004 03:15 PM

Saw an '04 WRX STi that was blue and sounded MEAN as it went by on I-25 South in Colo Spgs...it also clearly had the noise of a BOV and even spit fire out its exhast when switching gears...the only place I had seen that was in video games and movies! LOL

svc 12-17-2004 08:54 PM

[QUOTE=funkendrenchman]Are you kidding me? I live in Boulder and see at least 50, if not more a day.[/QUOTE]
What do you drive? I've probably seen you a few times ;) If you ever get flashed by a few seconds of blue neon, that's me saying "hi"

WTypeRogerX 12-19-2004 08:24 PM

Not a Subaru, and forgot where the other posting was, but last night, I saw an '05 steel grey (or whatever they call that color) Evo with the roof air foils on Blake and 16th downtown.

mike270 12-19-2004 10:51 PM

[QUOTE=WTypeRogerX]Not a Subaru, and forgot where the other posting was, but last night, I saw an '05 steel grey (or whatever they call that color) Evo with the roof air foils on Blake and 16th downtown.[/QUOTE]
The MR's I guess? Nice :D

PyroManiac 01-17-2005 11:13 AM

Saw a NICE Impreza in the Lutheran Medical parking lot today, near noon. Had an STi RA badge, and a funky looking wing. Some pretty sweet fog covers as well.

ditly 01-28-2005 02:52 AM

wrx's everywhere

Yesterday I saw a silver wrx wagon old style with pipe and window tint. He warned me of a cop that i didn't see. I saw him on highway 287 just outside longmont. Thanks for the heads up. Then tonight on the way home from work I was behind a blue wrx sedan with exhaust, jdm headlights, altezza tails, and roof mounted vent. It was on highway 36 going to broomfield from boulder at about 3 am. Nice car man! I was the guy in the 97 GT sedan Silver

regg01 09-29-2005 07:55 PM

2 Attachment(s)
If you spot me, say what's up! I live in SE Aurora by the way...
Newly updated pics-after getting the sideskirts, front lip, and rear spats painted!! Check it out!

VRWRX 09-29-2005 08:16 PM

Wow, you brought this thread back from the dead. Where abouts in SE Aurora are you? I too am in that area, but I know I would have remembered seeing your car...

regg01 09-30-2005 06:39 PM

Smoky Hill and E470. About 2 minutes from the new Southlands shopping area. I just thought I'd post pics since I don't believe I ever have before.

slowpoke 04-29-2006 07:07 PM

just joined this site because i spotted a black 04-05 wrx with gunmetal wheels, aftermarket exhaust couldnt tell what kind, lowered, and cali plates....

one passenger riding along, spotted on nevada ave. in colorado springs, at around 430-5ish i think...i was riding on my 05 silver gsxr when i spotted him

nice wrx

kellie 04-29-2006 07:15 PM

Post your sighting on [url]www.awdpirates.net[/url]. They're probably a member over there, that's where the Colorado Suby drivers post.

slowpoke 04-29-2006 07:17 PM

i registerd there and cant get on for some reason...
i registerd yesterday

Irrational X 01-26-2007 05:34 PM

06-07 STI blue w/ gold shoes. W.bound i80, [b]montana plates??[/b] wtf r u doing here in Sacramento CA?

BugeyeKid 09-18-2008 07:44 AM

I'm going to try to revive this thread once more! Only because I am new to this site and live in CO.

VRWRX 09-18-2008 01:34 PM

Don't go away from here as this is a cool site, but [url]www.awdpirates.net[/url] is where all the locals are at.

BugeyeKid 09-19-2008 11:01 AM

Most moderators on AWD Pirates are a bunch as asses(ZEM, PAR, ... etc). That site is based off of grammar and punctuation, not cars. They think they are all knowing and superior to everyone, when they are merely pawns. This site seems like it has a lot more to offer than AWD anyways. You get more than 1 persons response opposed to the all knowing moderators on AWD who always answer. Not many people ever join in. Don't get me wrong they might be smart and well educated when it comes to cars but that doesn't mean they know everything. I didn't get on the internet to make friends because they have the same type of car as me. I get on for parts and occasional advise from people who have had a similar issue or idea.

svc 09-19-2008 11:18 AM

Awww, come on, Pirates aren't that bad! You just need a thick skin.

BugeyeKid 09-19-2008 11:31 AM

^^ Not all pirates are bad, the ones I met seemed to be nice people. My skin is plenty tough, I don't deal well with a$$h*les though. This site so far seems to be more to my tastes. More members and I haven't seen people going through threads just to see if a word is misspelled. It's a bit childish the way the moderators hold themselves on that site. Thats my 2 cents at least.

How many CO people are there on this site anyways? doesn't seem like there are to many.

BugeyeKid 09-19-2008 11:34 AM

I wish I could see your avatar a little more clearly, your wagon looks very cool. I have a thing for the white wagons. :)

C89ZX7R 04-30-2009 04:29 PM

Edited because everyone thinks my replies are a type of trolling!

C89ZX7R 05-21-2009 03:37 AM

Edited because everyone thinks my replies are a type of trolling!

ATIC... 04-30-2010 10:28 PM

[QUOTE=BugeyeKid;2329650]]How many CO people are there on this site anyways? doesn't seem like there are to many.[/QUOTE]

Here I am! haha This [I]may[/I] actually be my first post. FWIW I also tend to stay clear of Pirates. RS25 is where I spend most my time, since it is the most relevant to me and my car.

EDIT: Yep it is!