Front Plate Law In Colorado

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2004, 02:45 PM
VIP Member

Location: Are you too one of the few still living the past? Well I can change that! With a simple wicket. Yes, my friend, a wicket. PM for details.
Car Info: No car right now....sob.
Front Plate Law In Colorado

Is there a front plate law in CO?
Old 04-18-2004, 04:24 PM

Car Info: 2004 Impreza WRX
Yes there is .. and that sucks too. I have ran no plate before and never gotten pulled over but some people have.
Old 04-19-2004, 07:34 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2005 CGM WRX Wagon
Yes, I have been pulled over for it, but that doesn't stop me from not having one. I hate the way it looks on the front.
Old 04-19-2004, 01:25 PM

I just figure its easier to run with a front plate even though it looks ghey. Cause I hate to be pulled over even if I've done nothing wrong and its somthing stupid like a license plate. Maybe in a couple of years when I have some points back on my license I will pull it off.
Old 04-19-2004, 01:54 PM

Car Info: 2007 Nissan Frontier
My car is already ugly, so a another ugly item (front plate) doesn't really matter to me
Old 04-19-2004, 08:21 PM
VIP Member

Location: Are you too one of the few still living the past? Well I can change that! With a simple wicket. Yes, my friend, a wicket. PM for details.
what about if you use a dealer / full use plate?
Old 04-19-2004, 09:20 PM
VIP Member

In that case, I'm sure you only need one plate, because there only is one plate. Same obviously when you have a temp.
Old 04-20-2004, 08:08 AM

Mike,

You don't need a front plate with your dealer plate. (lucky bastage) So just get a nice vanity plate for the X!
Old 04-20-2004, 06:13 PM
VIP Member

lol..that could work nicely....plus the nice thing about a dealer plate, i could hijack your Legacy and hide it.....APRIL FOOOOOLS!!!
Old 04-20-2004, 06:22 PM

ha, funny, not.

Que?
Old 04-20-2004, 06:38 PM
VIP Member

ya, jeff, ur legacy ain't WORTH jacking. ooohhhh....burn.
Old 04-21-2004, 06:13 AM

ok...

BACK ON TOPIC...
Old 05-04-2004, 04:20 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2004 2.5RS pacifica blue with black Tarmacs
I hate front plates too. The only car I left the front plate on was a new Corolla I leased a couple of years ago mostly because I hated the car so it didn't matter to me, but my '78 Land Cruiser, '88 Celica All-Trac, and '04 RS have never sported front plates or did so for only a short time and I've never been cited for it. I even got pulled over last December south of Pueblo in the RS. I was on my way to the International Rally in Laughlin with my Dad who flew in from NY. I wasn't speeding, but I do have 17" gold wheels and a big SWRT decal on the trunk, I know ticket magnet, so it was enough for him to pull me over. He said he clocked me at 91mph when the cruise was set below 80. I immediately got pissed off because I was going to get a ticket for something I didn't even do. He ended up letting me off. He didn't even give me a warning, he said the radar must have malfunctioned (yeah OK, whatever, profile much?). He did look at the front of the car though and said nothing about the missing plate hek I even plugged the holes. I will say this if you don't have a front plate stay out of freakville (Manitou Springs). The police there will give you a ticket for two reasons One, they have nothing better to do and two they're a$$holes, major a$$holes. In Denver you have to watch the areas with municipal police. Denver cops have real crimes to deal with so they won't bother with front plates, but municipal cops have too much time on there hands. So they would be more enclined to pull you over for it.
Old 05-05-2004, 08:28 AM

Well I've also been pulled over while not rocking the front plate in my old Integra. I had also lowered my car enough to get the headlights lower than 22" from the ground, had a tinted windshield, and my blinkers were white and not amber. He didn't say a word about any of it. But he did give me a ticket. (98 in a 55) yeah I know "Stupid". I guess he thought a 6pt. ticket was enough, where he could have hauled me off to jail, impounded my car, written all sorts of tickets etc...
Old 05-07-2004, 01:39 PM
VIP Member

Well, I just got a ticket for not having a front plate. A coworker and I went to lunch today, and I parked my car at a meter downtown and went and ate. I came out with a ticket. I thought that maybe I hadn't put enough money in the meter, but I still had time left. So I looked at the ticket, and it was for "No visible front license plate." Why would a meter maid care about me not having a front plate? How is that a parking violation? I didn't know they had the authority to give you anything other than parking tickets. And I know it was a meter maid because it wasn't a normal ticket - it was one of those that gets printed out from their little hand-held machine. I'm kind of pissed, but I know I don't have any right to be. Oh well. I'll just pay the $30 and never park the ride at a meter again........

Quick Reply: Front Plate Law In Colorado