i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource

i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource (https://www.i-club.com/forums/)
-   Road Racing / Auto X (https://www.i-club.com/forums/road-racing-auto-x-51/)
-   -   what to make exhaust 90 degree bend out of for laguna (https://www.i-club.com/forums/road-racing-auto-x-51/what-make-exhaust-90-degree-bend-out-laguna-179529/)

blue blurr 02-20-2008 02:21 PM

When did Laguna put sound meters on the inside of the track? The only manned station is the building on drivers right going up the hill towards turn 6.

slow04wrx 02-20-2008 03:14 PM

I just don't understand it. lemans cars brakes are like as loud as our cars. wtf mate......what if we had a v8 with flowing exhaust? we'd really be fooked.

thesnowboarder 02-20-2008 03:19 PM

[QUOTE=blue blurr;2116394]When did Laguna put sound meters on the inside of the track? The only manned station is the building on drivers right going up the hill towards turn 6.[/QUOTE]

I think its been a while now, not such a big deal with 1600cc of power behind us :P

Theo dont you have a borla hush? That should be under the, what is it 90 db limit?

theo79 02-20-2008 04:33 PM

no morgan has the borla hush

i have a catless apexi gt spec exhaust lol

thanks ballz for the input on what to use!

ldivinag 02-20-2008 05:38 PM

what's dB limit at that place?

and what has yours been measured to?

STi4WRC 02-20-2008 06:34 PM

You have a 4 1/2 inch pipe? If it was 3 1/2 i would have exactly what you need. I ended up going with a diesel exhaust turn down tip. Looks great and clamps right up to the Cobb exhaust. I took the tip not knowing if I even needed it, just in case. I have a Cobb TBE with a catted downpipe and only had an 88 db reading without the tip. For a lot of people it is actually the intake noise that is to loud. Hope you have a great day anyhow. Which day are you going?

theo79 02-20-2008 09:14 PM

im going thursday of next week.
i decided to not use the catted dp because of the hassle (going to have to get 2 100 octane tunes)
im going to ghetto fab a 90 degree bend using the stuff ballz mentioned earlier. and im also going to bring the silencer. i talked to doug, the guy who's setting it all up and he said that of all the 20+ some events he's had there nobody has complained about the noise. hopefully this will hold true for when i go lol

theo79 02-20-2008 09:15 PM

[QUOTE=ldivinag;2116716]what's dB limit at that place?

and what has yours been measured to?[/QUOTE]

92db's at 50ft. i don't know what mine is..but i highly doubt it's that quiet.

VRT MBasile 02-20-2008 09:53 PM

[QUOTE=ucbsti;2116006]unless you are a in a time trials event, you lap times wont really suffer if you simply lift goin up the hill past sound[/QUOTE]

ok, I'll say it again.

THEY NOW HAVE A MOBILE MIC ON THE INSIDE OF THE TRACK.

this means two things
1) you don't know where it'll be
2) redirecting the exhaust to the right will point directly towards it

theo79 02-20-2008 10:06 PM

i emailed doug at trackmasters racing...the guy organizing the event
here's his response

The mobile monitoring is only used if they suspect that someone is exceeding the limits by a mile and is going very slowly (and quietly) past the sound booth. Then they get on it the rest of the track! I've never had them go mobile at any of my 20 or so events there, so it's not likely they will.

theo79 02-21-2008 10:46 PM

[QUOTE=midnitewrx;2115878]i say youll be straight prob dude... i live out here an have heard some REALLY loud cars still passs... im gonna come out on the 28th on my lunch and check ya and the other cars out. are you comin down to the marina autox this weekend??? we can see how loud ya are ???[/QUOTE]

hey sorry for the late reply i didn't see ur post.

no im not going to the autox im afraid...rain..and i gotta work on my car a bit. (put on wheels change oil and put in 100 octane)

i think only blueej20 has heard what my car sounds like lol so maybe he'll chime in a give some input...i actually havnt ever heard my car from the outside.

for sure come by and chill! ill be in the blue bugeye 079 with the red spec miata..i forget what number he is.

-Theo

thesnowboarder 02-21-2008 11:46 PM

[QUOTE=theo79;2118741]hey sorry for the late reply i didn't see ur post.

no im not going to the autox im afraid...rain..and i gotta work on my car a bit. (put on wheels change oil and put in 100 octane)

i think only blueej20 has heard what my car sounds like lol so maybe he'll chime in a give some input...i actually havnt ever heard my car from the outside.

for sure come by and chill! ill be in the blue bugeye 079 with the red spec miata..i forget what number he is.

-Theo[/QUOTE]

Red spec miata? Dont tell me he got one... I might have to come out and play. Any idea if beginner or intermediate are filled?

thesnowboarder 02-21-2008 11:49 PM

Laguna Seca Raceway, Thursday, Feburary 28th, 2008 This is our first official event of 2008. Event cost is $300 Register now by clicking >HERE< SOLD OUT WITH WAITLIST FORMING!!

Bummer, Let me know the next time you guys go ide love to join up!