It's gonna be tight in Germany

Old 07-19-2008, 02:38 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 05 WRX
It's gonna be tight in Germany

Can't wait for the Hamilton / Massa dual at the start.

What is happening to Piquet??? Flav must be giving him daily roastings about his lack of pace.
Old 07-20-2008, 02:49 PM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6

You were saying about Piquet! What a LUCKY sonofa*****... simply that, luck.

-Gagan
Old 07-20-2008, 03:16 PM

Car Info: BMW 525i E39
Haminton takes it .. all da way ... WOOHOO !!!
Old 07-20-2008, 09:52 PM
VIP Member

I just watched it...WOW. Lewis is getting better and better. I think that was his best race yet and Mclaren are doing an amazing job providing him with a winning car.

What a great race.
Old 07-20-2008, 09:53 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by joltdudeuc

You were saying about Piquet! What a LUCKY sonofa*****... simply that, luck.

-Gagan
As the whole safety car situation unfolded and it looked like a podium for Piquet I was thinking to myself "Gagan is gonna be breaking my ***** over this!"
Old 07-21-2008, 10:11 AM
Old School

Originally Posted by Subaru_dude
Haminton takes it .. all da way ... WOOHOO !!!
Actually, I thought Hamilton was toast due to the Safety Car, but he really was on top form, and had a car that loves be light on fuel. He passed all those cars and got back up front. Great run by Hamilton.

Kimi was making up huge ground after the2nd stop. I think he likes the heavier car. I've always stood by his ability to make 1 stoppers from the middle of the pack work for wins. He's done it time and time again. If he doesn't like a lighter car like Massa or Hamilton, why make him run it?

Man, this season is going to be crazy!
Old 07-21-2008, 11:29 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: nonplussed
Great race. I am not a Hamilton fan, but man, he is driving great and Mclaren has given him a great car this year. I thought he was toast, too, but he got back out front.

Don't know about his passes at the end. Looked like he "wandered" a little far out on Massa. There's protecting your line and "oops sorry drove you off course". It was close...

Piquet... AWESOME luck.

Oh, and I agree, great season so far.

Last edited by ryball; 07-21-2008 at 11:31 AM.
Old 07-21-2008, 12:31 PM
VIP Member

No team orders? Whatever. Heikki practically pulled over to the side of the road and parked.

The playback even showed Dennis or whoever pushing the radio button right before the pass. Hilarious.

http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headline...21102741.shtml
Old 07-21-2008, 12:57 PM
VIP Member

"It was a tremendous sporting gesture," Dennis added.

You can say that again.
Old 07-21-2008, 04:33 PM
Old School

Originally Posted by glenspen
"It was a tremendous sporting gesture," Dennis added.

You can say that again.

I hate that this happened. Should be far and square, not like this.

Rubens should be a 2 time champion, and Micheal a 5 time. Team orders are ****ing stupid.
Old 07-21-2008, 04:43 PM
VIP Member

I hate that this happened. Should be far and square, not like this.

Rubens should be a 2 time champion, and Micheal a 5 time. Team orders are ****ing stupid.
What's so stupid is, he would have passed him eventually, but Heikki PULLED OVER.
Old 07-21-2008, 04:54 PM
VIP Member

In reality Lewis had a lot more pace and Kovy didn't challenge any other cars after Lewis got by him.

I think it was Kovy's decision and he just thought "what's the point in holding up my team mate when he is obviously a lot quicker than me today"

It's a VERY different situation than when Barrichello moved over on the last lap for Schumi...that was just wrong.

(Gets ready to upset Gagan with his next statement)

Watching Lewis in Germany reminded me of the way Senna would dominate his rivals when I was a kid, it really did. Obviously until he wins a few titles he's still not fit to clean Senna's visor, but there were definite flashes of greatness happening, and the way he refuses to be held up by slower cars and always forces an overtaking move also reminds me of the great one.
Old 07-21-2008, 05:31 PM
Old School

In reality Lewis had a lot more pace and Kovy didn't challenge any other cars after Lewis got by him.

I think it was Kovy's decision and he just thought "what's the point in holding up my team mate when he is obviously a lot quicker than me today"

It's a VERY different situation than when Barrichello moved over on the last lap for Schumi...that was just wrong.

(Gets ready to upset Gagan with his next statement)

Watching Lewis in Germany reminded me of the way Senna would dominate his rivals when I was a kid, it really did. Obviously until he wins a few titles he's still not fit to clean Senna's visor, but there were definite flashes of greatness happening, and the way he refuses to be held up by slower cars and always forces an overtaking move also reminds me of the great one.
That doesn't upset me. Lewis is the wonder boy of F1. He better be the greatest of all time, or he's worthless. Cause anyone with backing like he had from a top team SHOULD be the best there is.

But, that's not a reason to like him alone. I think he's a very talented person!

I'm much more a fan of those who have made it, and barely did. Who's parents worked multiple jobs continuously (Anthony doesn't count, cause He hasn't had to since Lewis got his sponsorship). Kimi's family was extremely poor, I mean, crazy stupid poor. He's fought, and come a LONG way, he's still going to be my favorite driver today.

Lewis isn't going to be, because, well, I'm not impressed that much. I expect him to dominate. He should've been champion last year. He should be this year, and the next 12 years. He's had more development than any other young person, there is no reason for him to not dominate. Call it being tough, but, c'mon now, he should be moping the floor in F1, and he's not really.
Old 07-21-2008, 07:22 PM
VIP Member

He better be the greatest of all time, or he's worthless. Cause anyone with backing like he had from a top team SHOULD be the best there is.

I'm not impressed that much. I expect him to dominate. He should've been champion last year. He should be this year, and the next 12 years. He's had more development than any other young person, there is no reason for him to not dominate. Call it being tough, but, c'mon now, he should be mopping the floor in F1, and he's not really.
Sorry Gagan, but I'm gonna have to disagree with the above. To win in F1 doesn't just take financial backing and development, I think it takes a special quality which a driver has or has not. Mansell had it, Senna had it, Alonso has it and Kimi has it.

Drivers like these consistantly dominate their team mates and take the performance of the car to new levels.

To say that he's had backing and development from an early age therefore he should win everything and if he doesn't he's average is a strange statement from somebody who understands F1 like you.

I believe that to become the F1 champion it takes a talent and quality that can't be bought or trained, it's innate.
Old 07-21-2008, 07:38 PM
Old School

Sorry Gagan, but I'm gonna have to disagree with the above. To win in F1 doesn't just take financial backing and development, I think it takes a special quality which a driver has or has not. Mansell had it, Senna had it, Alonso has it and Kimi has it.

Drivers like these consistantly dominate their team mates and take the performance of the car to new levels.

To say that he's had backing and development from an early age therefore he should win everything and if he doesn't he's average is a strange statement from somebody who understands F1 like you.

I believe that to become the F1 champion it takes a talent and quality that can't be bought or trained, it's innate.
It's completely trained! This is why they start at young ages, because it's all about the building blocks.

Doesn't matter how fast you are, you have to work hard and increase and get better and better over time. When you have the best tools, this process becomes easier and easier. Lewis had the best tools since age 12. Most drivers don't get to even come close to such karts or cars, until much later in life.

Take all the champions before Schumacher: They did it mostly in their 30s. After Schumacher we have champions in their 20s. Now, Kimi isn't really any better than Senna, or Prost. The hardware matters most, the cars. But old time drivers had way worse cars, and had to learn how to drive them before getting shots at top teams. Today, younger and younger drivers are getting in top team seats.

The better the tools while young and learning, the better the driver later in life. So People like Lewis or Piquet should be much much better than people like Kimi or Schumacher, because they've gotten to use the best tools at their disposal.

Lewis vs Piquet, I think we can see where driver talent separates the two.

Top drivers are all the same. It's the tools at their disposal, and how they use those tools that sets them apart.

Which why everyone needs to pay attention toVettel the most, cause like Lewis, he's been nurtured by Red Bull for a long while now, and was in a F1 car testing before most guys the same age are out of karts! I think once he's put into a McLaren or Ferrari, he's going to pretty much dominate.

and I'm not saying Lewis is ordinary, he's not, he's spectacular... which is why I expect that he should be faster, and I'm sure he will be.