Formula 1 Fans?

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2007, 04:31 PM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
Originally Posted by glenspen
I doubt that Ferrari would give Alonso the number one status he wants at McLaren, but at least his team and mechanics wouldn't hate him as much as they do now.

I've said it before, he's a cheating spanish worm, I hope Lewis kicks his *** in the 3 remaining races.

Alonso, De La Rosa and Coughlan cheat but team McLaren gets the punishment and he gets away scott free...the more I think about it the more it winds me up.
Same here my friend, same here
Old 09-25-2007, 10:17 PM

Car Info: '05 Impreza Outback Sport ~ "WTF! Two-Toned?"
OK. I admit this is off topic...

But, I need to say, that obviously I am NOT a NASCAR fan. BUt, every once and a while I watch a report, or race cap to see if Montoya is anywhere around. Even back to the top 20 he is NO WHERE to be seen.

Do you think (I do!), he thought he would just jump in and dominate? After all he is an F-1 driver ~ but where is he now??? Will Scott Speed do any better???

My opinion? They don't relate in the least. I road raced bikes and cars for about 10 years (Production bikes and IROC cars). Long story short. I owned a production company that shot car commercials for 20 years. Got to drive a NASCAR ride @ Bristol (many years ago) sponsored by Kodak.

They gave me the parade car to play with 1st (looks 100%, but with some lame *** motor). Then they gave me the back up car and kept kicking up the tell-tale 1000 rpms @ a time.

It's just plain weird. The seat is cocked 20 degrees to the side, so you can look out your left side window and the steering wheel is under your chin. I think these guys will be lost. I sure the h*** was!
Old 09-25-2007, 10:51 PM
Old School

Originally Posted by NW OBS
OK. I admit this is off topic...

But, I need to say, that obviously I am NOT a NASCAR fan. BUt, every once and a while I watch a report, or race cap to see if Montoya is anywhere around. Even back to the top 20 he is NO WHERE to be seen.

Do you think (I do!), he thought he would just jump in and dominate? After all he is an F-1 driver ~ but where is he now??? Will Scott Speed do any better???

My opinion? They don't relate in the least. I road raced bikes and cars for about 10 years (Production bikes and IROC cars). Long story short. I owned a production company that shot car commercials for 20 years. Got to drive a NASCAR ride @ Bristol (many years ago) sponsored by Kodak.

They gave me the parade car to play with 1st (looks 100%, but with some lame *** motor). Then they gave me the back up car and kept kicking up the tell-tale 1000 rpms @ a time.

It's just plain weird. The seat is cocked 20 degrees to the side, so you can look out your left side window and the steering wheel is under your chin. I think these guys will be lost. I sure the h*** was!
Villienuve was able to qualify 7th in the truck series, that's pretty damn good.

NASCAR is tough ****, definitely not easy. I just hate the concept of it though.
Old 09-25-2007, 10:58 PM

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by joltdudeuc
Villienuve was able to qualify 7th in the truck series, that's pretty damn good.

NASCAR is tough ****, definitely not easy. I just hate the concept of it though.
What? You don't dig the the 'Left. Straight. Left. Straight.' formula? But it's so damn AMERICAN!
Old 09-25-2007, 11:26 PM
-j-

Car Info: 2006 Audi A3/2007 Civic Si
I think JV will need time like Montoya. Montoya overall is doing fairly well based on overall points. He's good. On cold tires even. JV just did not have it when the tires got cold this weekend. I think he'll need more time. He was fine with cold tires when he was in Indycars.

I'll admit I watch and Tivo NASCAR and I'll follow JV and Montoya. They actually made it more interesting for me this season. I'll watch anything on wheels.
Old 09-25-2007, 11:31 PM

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by -j-
I think JV will need time like Montoya. Montoya overall is doing fairly well based on overall points. He's good. On cold tires even. JV just did not have it when the tires got cold this weekend. I think he'll need more time. He was fine with cold tires when he was in Indycars.

I'll admit I watch and Tivo NASCAR and I'll follow JV and Montoya. They actually made it more interesting for me this season. I'll watch anything on wheels.
Deal. My Granny on a web cam with her walker! 2 wheels and two yellow tennis ***** on the legs! I will 'You Tube' it for you... Name:  rotfl-animated.gif
Views: 8
Size:  1.3 KB
Old 10-01-2007, 10:58 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 05 WRX
Bye Bye Ralf

http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?PO_ID=40894

See you in Nascar?
Old 10-01-2007, 03:52 PM
Old School

Originally Posted by glenspen

Someone else might pick him, but I don't hope so. He's paid a LOT and doesn't really produce. He can't blame the car all the time, cause Trulli has been doing decently.

-Gagan
Old 10-03-2007, 11:16 AM

Car Info: 06 wrx
finally they got rid of him
Old 10-03-2007, 11:17 AM
-j-

I hope he switches seats with Webber. I think he would do a better job. Heck, Coultard would be a good enough driver to help develop that car.
Old 10-03-2007, 01:17 PM

Thumbs up Two To Go Please!

After Japan and Alonso tossing his car away (shed a tear here), my man Hamilton is looking pretty darn good going into his last two races of a crazy season. I wish him the championship!!!
Old 10-03-2007, 01:39 PM
Old School

Originally Posted by NW OBS
After Japan and Alonso tossing his car away (shed a tear here), my man Hamilton is looking pretty darn good going into his last two races of a crazy season. I wish him the championship!!!
Same here!
Old 10-03-2007, 03:27 PM
-j-

I say take Alonso to the grass in China like Alonso did in Belgium to him. I'm not saying it's good, but I understand.
Old 10-04-2007, 09:24 AM

Car Info: 06 wrx
take hamilton's win away

http://www.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlin...04133219.shtml
Old 10-04-2007, 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by theheckwithyou
Damn. Can't see it at work ~ 'Web Sensed Sports' can you copy and paste the best part... can't imagine what THIS is about!

Quick Reply: Formula 1 Fans?