Formula 1 Fans?

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2007, 06:19 PM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2007/9/6818.html

McLaren choose to not appeal, in any way. I'm actually kinda shocked, cause I think they shouldn't be given such a hefty fine, it's just way too much money.
Old 09-22-2007, 07:13 PM
-j-

Car Info: 2006 Audi A3/2007 Civic Si
With Renault trying to get FA back, they will probably get that money back easy anyway. I agree too that it was too big.
Old 09-22-2007, 07:31 PM

Car Info: '05 Impreza Outback Sport ~ "WTF! Two-Toned?"
Exclamation Alonso ~

I lost all my respect for him as a man when he did not join Hamilton on the stage at Indy for the 'team interview', because of "travel schedule conflicts". Yet, he appeared by himself less then 20 minutes later on stage...

It was obvious the 'baby' was threatened by new talent and couldn't deal with it. What would happen in the future between these two was painfully obvious.

Boot him back to F2 or into NASCAR!

You go Hamilton!!!
Old 09-22-2007, 09:25 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 07 Car
Originally Posted by NW OBS
I lost all my respect for him as a man when he did not join Hamilton on the stage at Indy for the 'team interview', because of "travel schedule conflicts". Yet, he appeared by himself less then 20 minutes later on stage...

It was obvious the 'baby' was threatened by new talent and couldn't deal with it. What would happen in the future between these two was painfully obvious.

Boot him back to F2 or into NASCAR!

You go Hamilton!!!
+200
Old 09-24-2007, 12:43 PM

Car Info: 2000 GF8 STI
dont really care much for neither team, mclaren or ferrari.

i was always a honda fan since BAR Honda came in.

i just cant wait til the honda team get back on track... you would think rubens and jensen would make a great duo, but theyre car is just so messed right now. and sato and yamamoto?? an all japanese team doesnt sound bad... but when have they really produced a consitent winning driver...
Old 09-24-2007, 01:17 PM

Not since 'DK'... (aka 'Drift King').
Old 09-24-2007, 02:38 PM
-j-

http://www.autoblog.com/2007/09/24/b...ri-for-40-mil/

Oh!

We're going to call this one a rumor for at least a little while, but wow. We just got wind of this monster deal that would really cause a major stir in the already tumultuous world of Formula One. News of the World just reported that two-time world driving champion Fernando Alonso is leaving McLaren-Mercedes next year. While that was considered a sure thing in the wake of Stepneygate and all, the real shocker is that he isn't headed to Renault to be reunited with Flavio Briatore as expected. Instead, they have him going to Ferrari of all places. The report says that a cool $40 million was the price to secure Alonso for the scuderia. As they point out, it should be a relatively easy transition for Fernando, who has already been *ahem* studying design features of the Ferrari all season.

With current Ferrari pilot Felipe Massa headed to Toyota, Fernando will be joining current #3 in the driver's race, Kimi Raikkonen, in '08. It should make for another interesting battle over who's number one. The same article that tells of Fernando going to Maranello also bolsters the rumor that Ross Brawn will be stepping up as team manager when Jean Todt leaves at the end of the season. It's not often that the silly season starts this early, but this has been a very atypical year for the FIA and its premier racing class. We'll do some digging and see if we can find other sources to back this one up. But until then, this can only make the last three races of the season more compelling TV.
Old 09-24-2007, 06:58 PM
Old School

****!

Now Kimi has an even better teammate! God Dammit... ****ing Ferrari
Old 09-24-2007, 07:07 PM

Car Info: 2000 GF8 STI
Originally Posted by joltdudeuc
****!

kimi was and always will be a d1ck! sure he has talent, but for crying out loud grow some manners. the only true flying finn , Mika owns Kimi.
Old 09-25-2007, 05:40 AM

Car Info: '01 Forester S
Unhappy

****!

Let's hope this isn't true.
Old 09-25-2007, 08:14 AM
Old School

Originally Posted by baldandtopless
kimi was and always will be a d1ck! sure he has talent, but for crying out loud grow some manners. the only true flying finn , Mika owns Kimi.
EXCUSE ME?

Wait, you say that Kimi has bad manners?!?!

Dude, he's like a walking zombie... care to post some links of said poor manners?

(and don't post some **** about him being drunk in a strip club... it's the off season, and his wife is totally cool with him partying)
Old 09-25-2007, 08:27 AM

EXCUSE ME?

Dude, he's like a walking zombie... care to post some links of said poor manners?

(and don't post some **** about him being drunk in a strip club... it's the off season, and his wife is totally cool with him partying)
He is the coolest and most collected driver in the club ~ why his post race interviews whether he won or placed third sound the same ~ the monotone "I am paid to drive the car really fast and that is what I did ~ I am off to party now."
Old 09-25-2007, 09:15 AM
-j-

EXCUSE ME?

I was wondering the same thing. He pushes people around after crashing, but I think it's OK to let that slide since you looked at death for a moment.
Old 09-25-2007, 09:21 AM
Old School

Originally Posted by -j-
I was wondering the same thing. He pushes people around after crashing, but I think it's OK to let that slide since you looked at death for a moment.
LOL, even Senna (the great ever... EVER) would be taking it out on marshalls. but he can't be talking about that though.

-Gagan
Old 09-25-2007, 02:58 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 05 WRX
****!

I doubt that Ferrari would give Alonso the number one status he wants at McLaren, but at least his team and mechanics wouldn't hate him as much as they do now.

I've said it before, he's a cheating spanish worm, I hope Lewis kicks his *** in the 3 remaining races.

Alonso, De La Rosa and Coughlan cheat but team McLaren gets the punishment and he gets away scott free...the more I think about it the more it winds me up.

Quick Reply: Formula 1 Fans?