Formula 1 Fans?

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2007, 06:45 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Legacy GT
The track is pretty cool (probably the best Tilke track), but the race was a little bit boring. I did find myself fast forwarding through parts and only watching pit-stops because that was the only drama.
Old 08-28-2007, 09:19 PM

Car Info: 06 wrx
Originally Posted by ipozestu
RU kidding, that track is amazing.
don't get me wrong the track is amazing but the race it self is boring. not to say i'm not a fan of racing, F1 is great but seriously not much drama. nothing super exciting to see, i'm not asking for car recks either. each team was pretty much racing it self.
Old 08-29-2007, 02:06 PM
Staff Member

Car Info: 06 STI
Was not a very exciting race but very cool track. Turn 8 is incredible. The drivers all love it too. I think its just getting to be a reality of F1 that passing is so difficult unless the person in front has a problem or is just completely inferior in driving or car. Its become pretty normal to see faster cars stuck behind with no hope of passing. For example, Kimi was faster than Masa, but if he tried to pass, it probably would have turned into a mess, so he just sits there bored.
Old 08-29-2007, 03:20 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 05 WRX
The powers that be are working on aero solutions/rules that will allow greater passing ability, although the one they suggested last where the cars will only have a rear wing over the rear wheels to allow airflow over the following cars front wing looked a bit weird.

The way I look at it even though there is less and less overtaking, the seasons are still exciting and it makes the 90 minute qualifying session even more exciting....but then again I get excited watching the practice.

If you want to see exciting overtaking on exciting tracks Moto GP is the way
Old 08-29-2007, 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by glenspen
The powers that be are working on aero solutions/rules that will allow greater passing ability, although the one they suggested last where the cars will only have a rear wing over the rear wheels to allow airflow over the following cars front wing looked a bit weird.
The CDG wing, as much as i like the idea it provides cleaner air, i think it looks silly. but if it provides more passing sure be my guest.

The way I look at it even though there is less and less overtaking, the seasons are still exciting and it makes the 90 minute qualifying session even more exciting....but then again I get excited watching the practice.
the problem is most of the drivers feel theres no way of passing. sure some of the blame is on aero, and the level of the car and the driver. The fact that many of these drivers are scared to take that huge risk to attempt to pass. I believe Juan Pablo Montoya said it the best, you touch wheels and ur a monster.
Old 09-05-2007, 10:12 AM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2007/9/6711.html

The FIA’s World Motor Sport Council (WMSC) is to reconvene next week for another hearing on the McLaren-Ferrari ‘spy scandal’, following the emergence of new evidence. As a result, the referral of the matter to the International Court of Appeal has been withdrawn.

In July, McLaren were found to be in breach of the International Sporting Code for possessing confidential Ferrari data, though the team escaped sanction as the Council could find insufficient evidence that the information had been used.

At the time they were warned by the Council that "if it is found in the future that the Ferrari information has been used to the detriment of the championship, we reserve the right to invite Vodafone McLaren Mercedes back in front of the WMSC where it will face the possibility of exclusion from not only the 2007 championship but also the 2008 championship."

FIA President Max Mosley subsequently referred the matter for appeal after complaints that Ferrari had not been able to fully present their version of events to the Council.

That appeal had been due to take place next Thursday, September 13. Instead, the the Council will now assemble on that date to consider the new evidence, the source or nature of which has not been revealed. McLaren, who have been invited to attend the hearing, say they will continue to co-operate fully with the FIA.

The FIA’s statement in full:
Vodafone McLaren Mercedes
FIA World Motor Sport Council Decision July 26th, 2007

Following the receipt of new evidence the World Motor Sport Council has been reconvened for a hearing in Paris on September 13th.

In accordance with its decision of July 26th representatives of Vodafone McLaren Mercedes have been invited to attend the hearing.

The FIA President’s referral of the matter to the International Court of Appeal has been withdrawn.
Old 09-05-2007, 10:44 AM
VIP Member

Oh Dear...maybe a few more people at McLaren got a look at the leaked documents than we were led to believe....I hope for Hamilton's sake that no leaked information went into the design of the McLaren Mercedes otherwise they'll be out till 2009.
Old 09-05-2007, 10:49 AM
Old School

Oh Dear...maybe a few more people at McLaren got a look at the leaked documents than we were led to believe....I hope for Hamilton's sake that no leaked information went into the design of the McLaren Mercedes otherwise they'll be out till 2009.
I definitely feel bad for Lewis

But lets be honest here, I'm all for taking Alonso down and giving Kimi the chance that was stripped away from him so many times in the McLaren.

-Gagan
Old 09-05-2007, 10:53 AM

haha nice, more drama for the drama filled F1!

all i have to say is hamilton is one lucky bastard, i don't ever think there was a rookie who got in to a top team, and win races right off the bat, yea it would suck if Mclaren were excluded.
Old 09-05-2007, 05:55 PM
VIP Member

it's gonna be a wild Monza, low downforce with a few decent overtaking spots. Surely it will favour Ferrari, but McLaren were on top all 3 days last week..

Can't wait.
Old 09-06-2007, 01:59 PM
Old School

Ferrari say truth will out in spy hearing
By Jonathan Noble

Ferrari say they are confident the "truth will come out" after the FIA said it had found new evidence in the espionage case involving the Italian squad and McLaren.

The governing body announced on Wednesday that it had reconvened its World Motor Sport Council for a hearing in Paris on September 13 to consider the development.

The Italian squad responded to the announcement on Thursday, saying they will attend the new hearing.

"Ferrari notes the FIA's decision to call an extraordinary meeting of the World Motor Sport Council to examine new evidence that has emerged with regards to the accusation that Vodafone McLaren Mercedes has violated article 151c of the International Sporting Code," said Ferrari in a statement.

"Ferrari will be present at the Council meeting on the 13th September in Paris and wishes to reaffirm its own strong wish that all the elements in this case are brought to light. Ferrari is confident that the truth will out."

The Monza paddock has been full of intrigue about the nature of the new evidence that has led to the calling of the FIA hearing, with world champion Fernando Alonso not commenting on Thursday at suggestions that he has been involved in providing new evidence.

Paddock sources have suggested that the matter revolves around an email exchange between Alonso and McLaren test driver Pedro de la Rosa about setting up of this year's car.

Autosport.com understands that the FIA became aware of new evidence last week and wrote to all F1 teams, as well as Alonso, de la Rosa and Hamilton, on Friday to make it clear that it was their duty to provide the FIA with any information regarding that matter.

It is also believed that the letter to the drivers promised them an 'amnesty' from any punishment if they fully cooperated with the ongoing investigation.

How much involvement Alonso had in the matter is unclear, and the FIA has refused to confirm or deny the nature of the new evidence, or the letters.

"We can make no comment at all," said a spokesman.

Alonso himself also kept quiet when McLaren prevented him from answering questions about the matter during a pre-Italian Grand Prix media briefing at Monza on Thursday.

What is known is that the new evidence gathered by the FIA has not come from the two men at the centre of the controversy - Mike Coughlan and Nigel Stepney.

Italian newspaper La Repubblica quoted on Thursday from a letter that Stepney had sent to the FIA confirming he had met with Coughlan to discuss technical data.

Neither Coughlan nor Stepney are scheduled to appear at the FIA hearing on September 13.

Alonso, alonso, alonso... I must admit, I can't wait to find out what this is all about!
Old 09-06-2007, 07:45 PM

Car Info: '01 Forester S
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by joltdudeuc
Alonso, alonso, alonso... I must admit, I can't wait to find out what this is all about!
Same here. My hatred for this guy grows more and more as this unfolds.
Old 09-10-2007, 03:07 PM
Old School

I can't wait until thursday. this evidence better be good and not some BS
Old 09-10-2007, 04:56 PM
VIP Member

If it is proven that McLaren gained a competitive advantage from the stolen data then they should be thrown out of the championship this season and both Alonso and Lewis should be disqualified from the drivers championship.

I hope the drivers aren't implicated, but if McLaren used the information to improve this years cars or setup then it's not fair that the drivers are allowed to win a title.

What a mess, I guess we'll find out more on thursday. Kimi might get a title finally, but I'm sure he wouldn't want it in these circumstances.
Old 09-10-2007, 05:45 PM

Car Info: 04 Forester XT/96 Brighton Project
Originally Posted by joltdudeuc
Although I feel in all fairness that McLaren, if this next sessions brings out some hard evidence, should have some punishment. It's only fair if they truly used the documents in some way for gain.

But more than anything else they should be busting the ferrari guy and the McLaren guy for all they own.
McLaren should have recieved SOME form of punishment when found that they had Ferrari's technical documents

Quick Reply: Formula 1 Fans?