First event; Advice?

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2004, 05:43 PM

They posted the results for round #9:

http://www.sfrscca.org/solo2/Results...ip/round9.html

kravdra: Did you remember to work on course (or whatever your work assignment was)? They have your results down for DNW (did not work).

Last edited by Lorry; 06-01-2004 at 05:47 PM.
Old 06-01-2004, 06:06 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '99 Impreza OBS
yea, I saw that. Unfortuneately I didn't, and feel really bad, SORRY EVERYONE I will work next time. I emailed sfrscca about it to apologize. That kinda sux tho, I shouldn't be making excuses... but what the heck. I didn't realize it was a big deal. no one said anything when I signed up even tho I said it was my first event, it wasn't until the drivers meeting where they barely said something in offhand to everyone which I didn't pay much attention to, but I guess I didn't realize how important it was cuz I went to sign up, the thing seemed totally staffed (this wasn't until after I finished running cuz my dad and I didn't really think about it before that) so I didn't worry about it, the come today when I go to check, viola DNW you may be permanently banned etc. I exchanged emails with the guy, and now I know. Next time I won't make that mistake. SORRY AGAIN EVERYONE, I DIDN'T DO IT ON PURPOSE

Hopefully I'll be there next weekend (sunday) although now I'll be in STS cuz I got some used Superleggeras (assuming they work ok (supposed to arrive tomoro) R U gona be there? Also, when does STS run (is it all STS' or only HS' STS' if that made sense)? Thnx

Last edited by kravdra; 06-01-2004 at 06:15 PM.
Old 06-01-2004, 06:24 PM

I think you can write that off as a newbie mistake without too much difficulty.

I think STS is in the afternoon, run group 6. I'm really gonna try and make it this time and not party too hard on Saturday night - its so easy to say right now
Old 06-01-2004, 08:09 PM

Car Info: '01 Forester S
I know you guys don't know me,but I'll finally be running in July. Car still isn't broken-in (250mi. to go) and too busy this month.I'll be in STX so hope to meet up with you all someday.
Old 06-01-2004, 09:34 PM
VIP Member

u have a new wrx? I'll break it in 4 u
Old 06-01-2004, 09:51 PM

Smile

Originally Posted by kravdra
u have a new wrx? I'll break it in 4 u
Thanks for the offer,but I'm almost there.
Old 06-01-2004, 10:01 PM
VIP Member

o well, it was worth a try

you said running stx, what mods do u have.

400 miles drive to the sieras, then u can run this weekend

looks like I might not be able to make it this weekend. I'd have to get there at 1 to run sts right? Thnx
Old 06-02-2004, 05:04 AM
KC

Car Info: 2003 STX Pro-Solo/Solo-II National Champion
it wasn't until the drivers meeting where they barely said something in offhand to everyone which I didn't pay much attention to, but I guess I didn't realize how important it was cuz I went to sign up,
You're there at the drivers meeting, 1st time ever being there and you're not paying attention?

<*Slap* across the internet>

Dude, the drivers meeting explains about the site, safety anything that is of importance to those who are there, and how to work the course, when you work the course, and when you run. I know it was the 1st time there... but next time, 1) you need to shut up and 2) tell those you are with to shut up becuause there might be someone standing next to you that is there for the 1st time WANTING to play, not get a DNW and pay attention and 3) if your friends or peopel around you don't shut up, move to a better location where you can hear what's going on.

Do you think they hold those meetings just to say hi? We call out those in the drivers meeting where we are that are talking. Yes, many times it about YOUR safety that we're talking about.

Sorry, the drivers meeting is something that everyone needs to pay attention to. You have the rest of the day to have fun, just give thhose running the event the curteousy of listnening for a few minutes.
Old 06-02-2004, 12:14 PM

The SFR drivers meetings are relatively skimpy. They try to keep it brief for regulars so that they are not hanging around for too long. This is useful in some respects because the regulars have heard the same talk event after event. The problem is that it makes the meeting seem trivial. I think the older style of meeting where everyone has to attend the whole meeting is probably safer - particularly with the impression that it gives to new drivers.
Old 06-02-2004, 02:41 PM
VIP Member

I don't know why u think I wasn't paying attention, I heard the whole (half minute) speel about safety being number 1 concern, and how to hold the red flag and that stuff. I said I didn't pay much attention to their offhand comment about signing up, it wasn't that I didn't hear it, or wasn't paying attention to them, it was that I let that short 2 second comment about singing up (they just said, sign up for working) or something, and I let it slide thinking I'd worry about it later, I had a lot of things to think about and worry about, it being my first event, having to run first, and not being sure what I was supposed to do. SOrry if you take offense at that, I really was paying attention to what they said, and comprehended most of it. I certainly wasn't talking, and wasn't standing next to someone who was (at least if I was I wasn't distracted by it) am I saying I shouldn't have worked? Not in any way, and I apologize for misunderstanding the importance. THE DRIVER MEETING DIDN'T STRESS THIS THO.

Lorry I agree with you, the way it was run it seemed unimportant (although I was paying attention to the meeting KC)

I meant nothing by it, and apologize again, especially to you KC since you seem to take extra offense to it, but to everyone out there, I udnerstand its a volunteer event and runs by volunteering, and i will make sure to do my part in the future.
Old 06-02-2004, 07:53 PM

Smile

o well, it was worth a try

you said running stx, what mods do u have.

400 miles drive to the sieras, then u can run this weekend

looks like I might not be able to make it this weekend. I'd have to get there at 1 to run sts right? Thnx
Actually I might just stay STS. No mods except for Eibach springs and Prodrive axleback.
Anyways, I still need to buy an extra set of stock wheels and some Falkens.Don't want to wear out my daily RE92's. My weekends are shot this month.Busy with the family. =)
Old 06-02-2004, 07:59 PM
VIP Member

I think replacing re92's would be easy and cheap Your the first I've seen who desn't want to wear them out. GL

Looks like might be july or august befor i can run again
Old 06-03-2004, 04:39 AM
KC

I'm not taking extra offense to it... they have the drivers meeting for a reason. They don't have to make it seem important by saying 'listen up this is important.' Are you used to having everything spoon fed to you?

A drivers meeting is manditory. That in itself expresses it's importance that everyone attend and pay attention.

I'm not just picking or singling you out, this goes to everyone reading this thread for the 1st time who might be thinking about going to an auto-x.

The drivers meeting is important. Listen up and pay attention. It goes quickly so that everyone can go play with cars.

--kC
Old 06-03-2004, 04:41 AM
KC

Originally Posted by 2cam16
Actually I might just stay STS. No mods except for Eibach springs and Prodrive axleback.
If you have a WRX, then you should be running in STX.

Last edited by KC; 06-03-2004 at 04:43 AM.
Old 06-03-2004, 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by KC
If you have a WRX, then you should be running in STX.
STX is a good class for the WRX because it lets you do some useful mods.

Last edited by Lorry; 06-03-2004 at 10:33 AM.

Quick Reply: First event; Advice?