F1: Montezemolo: Alonso better fit for team

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2009, 01:48 PM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
F1: Montezemolo: Alonso better fit for team

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/79096

Ferrari president Luca di Montezemolo believes Fernando Alonso's personality will prove more suited to the team than his predecessor Kimi Raikkonen.

Alonso's long-anticipated move to the Maranello squad was finally officially confirmed yesterday, as was the early termination of Raikkonen's contract after three years at Ferrari.

"It's a matter of personality, because Kimi is the type of person that shows little emotion, he keeps everything inside," di Montezemolo was quoted as saying by Gazzetta dello Sport.

"These things don't help with the exchange of information inside the team. In any case I'm thankful to Raikkonen - he brought us a championship that we will not forget.

"We needed a team player, and I think Alonso is that, considering also all the good things our team boss, [Stefano] Domenicali, has told me about him. But it's also up to us not to make mistakes.

"Fernando is a great driver and a charismatic man, I expect a lot from him."

Di Montezemolo also praised Alonso's recent performances for Renault, and said his move to Ferrari had galvanised the Tifosi.

"Have you seen what kind of race he did at Singapore last Sunday? It was exhilarating!" said di Montezemolo.

"For months people on the street have approached me to ask me: 'when will you hire Alonso?' I can recall such levels of enthusiasm only before the deal with [Michael] Schumacher, many years ago.

"Alonso and [Felipe] Massa will be a great pairing, an all-latin pairing. I believe very much in Felipe's recovery."
Old 10-01-2009, 01:51 PM
Old School

That racist son of a *****!

I knew Kimi would get dropped because he wasn't latin and flamboyant. I knew because he wasn't a fist pumping, in your face type of driver, that he would get the boot.

Di Montezemolo has NO BACKBONE... Kimi gave them a ****ing world championship, and he has the nerve to say that he wasn't a team player!?

If Kimi leaves F1 I'm going to be SO ****ING PISSED OFF

Here's to a ****ty car next year for Maranello...
Old 10-01-2009, 01:54 PM
Old School

Seriously, WHO THE **** hires a driver that used stolen materials at a competing team a few years prior?

How are Ferrari fans NOT upset?

Oh, I know, cause they are ****ing blind sheep!

Old 10-01-2009, 02:28 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Broken Subarus
"We needed a team player, and I think Alonso is that, considering also all the good things our team boss, [Stefano] Domenicali, has told me about him. But it's also up to us not to make mistakes.
and they got that with Alonso???
Old 10-01-2009, 03:30 PM
Old School

At first I just felt it was whatever, Alonso to Ferrari... but now due to his dismissial of Kimi, I'm so pissed off.

Had it not been for crazy reliability issues Kimi would've been WC in 03 and 05. Italy doesn't give a **** about what their driver did for them, they only look for the next driver who's gonna win for them.

I'm beginning to see this with how they treat Schumey these days, he's just this dude. As soon as he looked like he wasn't gonna produce a WC, they cut him off.
Old 10-01-2009, 03:47 PM

Car Info: 1.8L FWD
I don't think Alonso is what you would call a "team player." How does the saying go again? "There's I in win, but no I in team." I hope Felipe Baby gets on with Alonso.