Brian Lock Tests Grand-Am GT3 Cup Car for TRG

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2008, 02:57 PM

Car Info: #93 Koni Challegne Subaru Legacy GT, 96 Impreza L
Originally Posted by kYLEMtnCRUZr
So tell us where the hidden test track is in Scotts Valley
Haha, it was the backway from Scotts Valley to Santa Cruz via Granite creek back when I was in high school. Then it was Glenwood Dr, the back way over highway 17 on my way to San Jose State .
Old 07-02-2008, 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by Racenut
Wow... for most of us, that would be a chance of a lifetime. I have a feeling that for Brian, it's cool for now, but will just be a stepping stone to the next chance of a lifetime. Congrats on doing well, and good luck with whatever comes next.

I took my son up to Scotts Valley one day when you guys had the Suby on display at the shopping center. We still have those pics and will be really cool to see you progress up through the ranks.

We've been rooting for Scott Pruett on the Rolex races. My wife used to know him back in the 80's when he was just getting started. Maybe we'll have two guys to root for, and one of them won't be likely to retire anytime soon haha.
Thanks alot! I remember talking with you that day in front of *** Hill. I think you were telling me how much your son likes riding shotgun when you go on "spirited" drives in the SC Mountains.

I hope you guys will have someone to cheer for at the Rolex race coming up at Miller Motorsports Park. Trying to find the sponsorship right now to make it happen. Wish me luck!
Old 07-02-2008, 03:16 PM

Car Info: 1999 RS Coupé- 1995 Mazda Miata -KTM 300
Originally Posted by Brian Lock
Haha, it was the backway from Scotts Valley to Santa Cruz via Granite creek back when I was in high school. Then it was Glenwood Dr, the back way over highway 17 on my way to San Jose State .
haha sick. Im a Bear Creek kinda guy myself. Do you have any conections with Canepa? you need to take some of those cars out, the 16cylinder quad turbos arent much to look at in a showroom haha.
Old 07-02-2008, 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by kYLEMtnCRUZr
haha sick. Im a Bear Creek kinda guy myself. Do you have any conections with Canepa? you need to take some of those cars out, the 16cylinder quad turbos arent much to look at in a showroom haha.
I actually used to work for Bruce a couple of years ago. It was a painful job because I had to work on/look at amazing pieces of racing history all day and just see them sit in showrooms. The Porsche 962 that I could see from my desk would laugh at me every day . The vintage racing clips that Marshell had going on SpeedTV.com for a while were fun to watch because I got to see some of the cars on track.
Old 07-02-2008, 03:52 PM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
Thanks guys! Everyone that has ever posted on one of our press release threads or come out to the track to say hi, that kind of stuff has really give me the energy to keep plugging away at my career over the last 4 years.
uhhh sorry for the
but what do you look like so i know to say hi
Old 07-02-2008, 03:55 PM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
I actually used to work for Bruce a couple of years ago. It was a painful job because I had to work on/look at amazing pieces of racing history all day and just see them sit in showrooms. The Porsche 962 that I could see from my desk would laugh at me every day . The vintage racing clips that Marshell had going on SpeedTV.com for a while were fun to watch because I got to see some of the cars on track.
dauber le mans?
Old 07-02-2008, 09:12 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Broken Subarus
Originally Posted by sigma pi
uhhh sorry for the
but what do you look like so i know to say hi
If he turns sideways you'd miss him. About 6ft tall dark hair, 85lbs soaking wet.
Old 07-03-2008, 12:51 AM

Here is a high res lap that my friend edited for me with shots from outside the car as well. It came out pretty cool. And I spared you all and did not put music to it. That is just a crime when people do that.

High res:
http://www.gotoracing.com/images/video/gt3_fancy_HR.avi

or you tube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hqx8Y41mYoQ