Oregon drivers suck

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2006, 03:17 PM

Car Info: 02' WRX wagon
Oregon drivers suck

This is getting out of hand My suby was hit 3 times in 2 months now my brand new Jeep grand Cherokee limited and I mean brand new 1000miles on it was just rear ended at a stop light. Now there was no damage just a little paint on my trailer hitch. But the point is this state sucks at driving I have never seen so many people with there heads in there asses. Sorry if this thread has no point I'm just pissed and had to vent.
Old 02-21-2006, 03:23 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Meep Meep!
Originally Posted by Grey16
This is getting out of hand My suby was hit 3 times in 2 months now my brand new Jeep grand Cherokee limited and I mean brand new 1000miles on it was just rear ended at a stop light. Now there was no damage just a little paint on my trailer hitch. But the point is this state sucks at driving I have never seen so many people with there heads in there asses. Sorry if this thread has no point I'm just pissed and had to vent.
I hate these kind of drivers too.. Sorry to hear sir.....
Old 02-21-2006, 06:02 PM

Car Info: 01 2.5 rs
its probably just their roads that are screwing everybody up
Old 02-21-2006, 10:13 PM

Car Info: '05 Impreza Outback Sport ~ "WTF! Two-Toned?"
Exclamation

Originally Posted by Grey16
Can't really argue with that point. I was a 'location scout' for film for years and hit every state and had to cover a lots and lots of miles. I rated Oregon 'worst drivers' in U.S. Now I live in Southern Oregon. Here, they drive under the limit and give you the horn, lights or the finger if you pass them!

The worst, is 'country bumpkins visit the big city' (Portland!). OMG. I have seen some things you wouldn't believe. I lived in NYC for three years and drove a Bimmer racing cabs every day... but, Oregon's big city scares the hell out of me. Just assume everyone is an idiot (like when you ride a motorcycle) and you will be fine. If you don't want an accident, be active in avoiding them. You CAN steer around most 'accidents'.
Old 02-22-2006, 03:24 AM

Car Info: 02' WRX wagon
All 4 accidents happened when my wife was at a complete stop and none were her fault. I feel like we have a huge target on our cars, and its says "hit me please I don't enjoy owning nice things".
Old 02-23-2006, 08:38 AM

Car Info: 06 Evolution IX MR Graphite Gray
My wife and I just moved here (Beaverton) a month ago from the Bay Area, CA. I thought the drivers down there were bad. However, the drivers around here have redefined 'incompetence on the road'. The head-in-the-@ss picture above is a pretty accurate description.

-Bis
Old 02-26-2006, 09:22 AM

Car Info: 02 BRP 2.5RS-T
What do you expect from a state that hates cars and does not support it's interstate infrastructure for shizz? Sorry to hear about your incident. Though I would say that Florida and Boston drivers are worse.

Last edited by svxr8dr; 02-26-2006 at 09:27 AM.
Old 02-26-2006, 10:09 PM

Wink

Originally Posted by svxr8dr
What do you expect from a state that hates cars and does not support it's interstate infrastructure for shizz? Sorry to hear about your incident. Though I would say that Florida and Boston drivers are worse.
Are you implying our roads are sh**? So, what's your point... we just figured out why nobody cares. Let the trucks run as heavy as they want, why not let them pull 3 trailers... Hell, why not 5 or 6! Let's talk about schools. Your right. Who needs 'em. They just cost money anyway...

LOVE this state... hate the politics. Oh well. Gonna go hug a tree now :-) See if I can shake a Spotted Owl out it. Cheers!
Old 02-26-2006, 10:20 PM

I figure since 8 percent of my income goes to a state I cannot vote in, I should get to complain about how the money is or is not spent. How hard is it to keep up on just two lanes of your only interstate system? It's not 1954 anymore....wake up Oregon
Old 02-27-2006, 09:41 AM

Car Info: Broken ass stock '02 WRX
? WTF is wrong w/ I-5 I've driven more times than I can count (from Santa Cruz CA to Portland and or Seattle) and quite like the drive through Oregon (they have these things called trees there. It's freakin' amazing, apparently they provide us oxygen).

Can't wait 'till I move back, PDX here I come.

Old 02-27-2006, 09:59 AM

How many trees do you see in the downtown corridor of I-5? near the 2 SB and 2 NB lanes of I-5 near the Rose Quarter? the 3 down to 2 lanes on SB I-5 near Delta Park? Or maybe it's the 1 lane interchange from I-5 SB to I-84 EB? 1 Lane of I-5 SB off the Markam bridge? 1 and 2 lanes is a joke and not even acceptable at the Federal level..Oregon is just dragging their feet, and has been for the past 30 years.
Old 02-27-2006, 10:35 AM

Car Info: Broken ass stock '02 WRX
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by svxr8dr
Oregon is just dragging their feet, and has been for the past 30 years.
That's why I'm moving back to Oregon, also so I can hug trees, not shave, and burn one down in peace. Can't wait, only 5 more months!!!
Old 03-15-2006, 02:18 PM

Car Info: 2004sti
Talking

I'm not sure if I want to move to oregon now but , I'll definately hug a tree .
Old 03-15-2006, 09:20 PM

Cool

Originally Posted by turtle-speed
I'm not sure if I want to move to oregon now but , I'll definately hug a tree .
Find another tree, this one is taken!
Old 03-15-2006, 10:08 PM

Car Info: 2004sti
Wink

Peace , you guy's and gals in oregon take care .

Quick Reply: Oregon drivers suck