FS: '99 Black Turbo RS

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2006, 04:39 AM

Car Info: '99 RS-T
FS: '99 Black Turbo RS

*************************THIS CAR WILL NOT PASS SMOG. THIS CAR WILL NOT PASS SMOG. IT HAS A TEC-2 AND THEREFORE HAS A CHECK ENGINE LIGHT AND WILL NOT PASS.************************* but if you have it registered in a county that doesn't require smog testing great

I realize this is my first post here, but I'm a long time member of NASIOC and I see your mod david2z4 can vouch for me

Some of you know me, many many of our members now will not know who I am. SO...first a little history on the car. Got it in June of '99 and a couple of days later, went to what was basicaly the first meet in the northwest. (For the RS, I realize old school subarus have been around and meeting for a long time). Started modding the suspension first and then moved onto the interior. After that decided to go for looks, then finally the motor. Four years ago I moved to Japan and since then, the car has been sitting at my parents house. I go home for a couple of weeks every year, but other than that, the car is only driven a couple of times a month (by my father) to keep everything in working order. Last time the car was really driven was December of '06 and actually at that time my clutch went out, which of course I had replaced.

So onto the car.

1 owner, non-smoker, 62,117 miles.

(By looking at old pictures I found dates on when the big stuff went on) Car was Turbo'd April 12th 2001 and Tec-2 was installed Sept. 15th 2001.

The car has been AutoX twice and drag raced many times. AutoX was before the turbo and drag racing was after I had the turbo and tec-2, so there was proper engine managment going on during that time. Anways, it runs good and is fast enough to get you arouund.

The car has never been envolved in an accident. Should be almost no scratches on the body, there are a couple of tiny dents on the front driver's side fender, and there is a small area on my back rear quarter panel just above the bumper where someone hit my car with a ski or snowboard and chipped the paint.

Speaking of paint, the car was garaged for the first three years, then under a carport and carcover for the last 4 years, (actually I believe it's been stored in the garage again now). Paint is in excellent condition. The car was reguarly claybared and waxed.

Interior is great! A couple of spots on the seats and floor mats, but other than that nothing to mention.

All work done on the car was performed by my Dad and I, and a little help from david2z4. Clutch and Flywheel installs were done my Smart Service. Speaking of which, they are familiar with my car if work ever needs to be done.
Mods

Exterior:
Sti V6 lip
22B grill
22B hood vents
JDM bumper
Clear corners
Prodrive Spoiler

Rollers:
17" OZ Super Leggeras
Yokohama Paradas

Suspension:
SYMS struts
H&R springs
21mm rear sway bar
SYMS front and rear strut bars
Sti trailing arms
CUSCO lower arm bar type 1
CUSCO muffler hangers
Sti motor and tranny mounts

Performance:
JC sport IHI turbo kit
Tec-2 tuned by Shiv
High flow fuel pump
Magnaflow 2.5" cat back
SYMS short shifter
Optimix (?) battery (This battery has died, I don't know what my dad replaced it with, I think an Optima)
SS brake lines
SS Power Steering lines
Exeedy Racing Clutch
Stock Flywheel

Interior:
MOMO Street racers (seats)
MOMO Racair (shift ****)
JDM WRX MOMO wheel
Sti pedals
Sti sill plates
OEM gauge pod
Autometer boost/egt/fuel pressure gauges

ICE:
HU: Apline XXXX (low number)
Front: Focal 165A
Rear: Infinity 6002i
Amp: Alpine V-12 mounted on Mirror finish SS #6
Subs: MTX 8" x 2 mounted in subeesound side boxes
Rammat sound deadening back seat to the trunk

Extra Bling:
Hose Techniques vacumne hose
Phnuemonic hood and trunk lifter
Foilotec painted brakes
Suburu trunk mat

Price:
I'm looking for 16,000 OBO. This might seem high, but I feel that the low milage and amount of parts on here qualifies it (there around $15,000 worth of parts on this, and that's a conservitive estimate). Also from the research I've done on other Turbo RS's for sale this price seems in-line with those.

Pics:
Exterior:

Engine:

Interior:

Subwoofers:

******Those stickers are not on the window anymore*********

A few points I like to mention, first as you can see from the picture it's won many shows. Those are all 1st and 2nd places, the biggest one is FIRST PLACE 2 DOOR STREET at Hot Import Nights. I feel that shows the the quality of parts, care of car, and quality of the workmanship

Also the is a REAL Prodrive Spoiler ($900 back in the day) very few people have the real ones.

The map on the Tec-2 was tuned by Shiv. Car also comes with the laptop (very old) that has the maps on it and the tec software and I'll even throw in the AC adapter.

For more pictures:
http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=667987

Last edited by Ethan; 12-18-2006 at 11:24 PM.
Old 12-18-2006, 02:21 AM

Car Info: 05 WRX 4EAT (VF34'd and FMIC'd)----sold :(
Very nice car you have, sucks that you have to sell it though.
Old 12-18-2006, 04:06 PM

Car Info: 2000 Impreza Coupe RS-T Tec3/Vishnu turbo Color: B
Yes this is a nice car. The price is a steal, to the right person I think it could sell for about 22k.
You can make it pass emissions by disconecting the tec2 from the bigger injectors (not removing) removing the big injectors and putting back in stock injectors and hooking up the stock coil. This car has a cat so you should be able to get the turbo on stock ECU and injectors to pass without removing the turbo. Change oil and filters as needed, Reset the ECU (unplug battery for 20-30 min., then drive WITHOUT BOOSTING for a half hour to get all pass codes. Go take the test, pass, go home and put the injectiors in and hook up the tec and your good for 2 more years.
Old 12-18-2006, 05:57 PM

Dave, is correct! I just meant as is can't pass! I wish I could sell it for 22K If anyone wants to pay that, I'll gladly take it
Old 12-25-2006, 12:34 AM

Car Info: 01 RS
Damn. I wish I had $16k and I'd take it off your hands. It's one of the few exceptionally nice 1st gens along with Dave's and Erik's.

I think I speak for just about everyone when I say I've been eyeing it for years.

But... cash poor. Good luck selling it.
Old 12-28-2006, 02:04 AM

Well you can keep eyeing it, but someone else has it now

It's been sold and to somsone in the local area too. Maybe you'll still see it around