Ongoing Projects Want to share your ongoing Subaru project with the rest of Subaru Community? Tell us what you did, how you did it and what else are you going to do.

project: untitled

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2009, 01:14 PM

Car Info: 09 WRX Sedan };-)>
project: untitled

whatup everyone, some of you might remember me some of you might not but i finally got out of the VW R32 and back into a scoob; it feels like its been forever. last time i was here i was driving a 4 door GC8 but since then ive been through a couple V-Dubs. i had a stock GLI MKIV and more recent an 08 R32. i have to admit i like the Dub stylings and my .:R was looking pretty good, the only problem i had was that it was too busy under the hood. i was having a few code problems and i got frustrated beyond belief. that frustration grabbed me by the scruff of the neck and threw me on the door step of my local subaru dealership. after a few days of working numbers out i finally jumped into an 09 WRX sedan (SWP). i couldn't be more excited since i live in a state where the winters come early and have a hard time leaving, lol. well im blabbering on so i'll wrap this up.
i pick the rex up tomorrow and the project will begin. i have a few left over Dub parts im selling off to start me off with.
here's my plans:
given that its an official daily driver i wanted to stay fairly mild...
Tein S-Tech springs
Perrin Stealth Exhaust, downpipe
front lower lip
HKS drop-in filter, SQV BOV 25th Special Ed., Turbo Timer AE
Cobb access port
Kartboy short shifter and ****
rally armor mud flaps
SPT boost gauge
sparco monza wheel in red
a little bodywork
HIDs...

thats about it for now, maybe a few little things here and there.
*i figured since it was going to be an on going project i'd start my first post here... i hate cluttering up forums with multi-threads.

heres the old .:R
Name:  frontrrr.jpg
Views: 15
Size:  92.1 KB
Name:  backwhite.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  291.7 KB

pics of the Scoob when i pick her up tomorrow
Old 06-15-2009, 01:28 PM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
sweet VW

i like thier interiors a lo tmore
Old 06-15-2009, 01:46 PM
Token Toyota Mod

Car Info: Something german
sweet r32
love those things
Old 06-16-2009, 02:38 AM

Car Info: 57 SM 04 STi, 04 Yamaha R6
that thing looks sick. Nice
Old 06-18-2009, 02:37 AM

thanks. so far so good. still in the break in period only 100 miles on her. just sold my wheels off the old .:R so im making a small order in a couple days. springs, drop-in filter, Kartboy SS & ****, and mudflaps. i did find the wheels im going to purchase probably around next summer, so thats dope.
Old 06-18-2009, 02:42 AM

Car Info: 2015 SWP WRX
good luck and congrats on the car. I would maybe stay clear of the BOV IMO, but that just me. other than that the mod list looks pretty good. You should try and post up some pics of the new scoob!!
Old 06-26-2009, 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by subi4justin
good luck and congrats on the car. I would maybe stay clear of the BOV IMO, but that just me. other than that the mod list looks pretty good. You should try and post up some pics of the new scoob!!
o whats wrong with the BOV?
ive been trying to research the best parts available without going nuts...
heres a quick shot, still no AM parts yet, only on 500miles.
Name:  wbf.jpg
Views: 11
Size:  44.4 KB
Old 07-15-2009, 05:04 AM

so i ordered a set of Tein S-Tech lowering springs and the more i search around on the net the less info i find on these for the 08-09 wrx application. im going to attempt to install these myself but im getting mixed reviews about OEM struts and bumpstop trimming. as a matter of fact i cant even get a proper drop rate.
this is turning out to be a "notso budget" ride...
more info soon
ps- i installed the kartboy short shift kit and ****. its fabulous....
Old 07-15-2009, 07:40 AM

Car Info: 02 bugeye with tune by Ed
nice looking ride!

Now, your going to hear a lot of people on this website telling you not to get a bov. Here's a nice read on bovs from nasioc.com

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=468038

I am only providing you with this just so you are better aware of what a bov does and can potentially do to your car.

IMO the OEM bov works just fine and with an intake you can hear the bov even more.

HOWEVER, it's your ride man, do with it what you want to do. You want an ultra loud bov go for it!!

What are your goals for the car?
Daily driver, track car, auto x, combo of all 3 or some combo?
Old 07-16-2009, 04:01 AM

Originally Posted by stealthrex68
nice looking ride!

Now, your going to hear a lot of people on this website telling you not to get a bov. Here's a nice read on bovs from nasioc.com

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=468038

I am only providing you with this just so you are better aware of what a bov does and can potentially do to your car.

IMO the OEM bov works just fine and with an intake you can hear the bov even more.

HOWEVER, it's your ride man, do with it what you want to do. You want an ultra loud bov go for it!!

What are your goals for the car?
Daily driver, track car, auto x, combo of all 3 or some combo?
thanks for the link, im going to give a read in a second.
i was in the Dub religion for a little while so i know a thing or two about people's opinions on dedicated message boards; i try to find boards like this that give you a descriptive reason why you should or shouldnt add a mod, then based on belief and feedback i make my decision.
the on-going battle with ride height was my first introduction to this way of life. its a compromise between looks, performance and daily use.
personally nothing looks better than a "nut dragging" monster but unless you plan on getting another car its not practical for the daily grind.
the reason why i traded the .:R in and bought the WRX is because i can only afford one car at the moment and i live in the NH. I need something thats 4 seasoned, reliable, enjoyable, and track ready.
with all that being said i plan on my building my vision of what a daily driver should look like.
*low enough to sit right for the car shows, handle well for days on the track and make it through the city and winters with no problems.
*fast enough, to smoke a chump, duck from a cop, keep up with the "all out rich kid", and still able to drive a long periods of time without issues.
*stunning enough to excite a ricer, make a driver second guess and impress my GF.
*overall make me excited to drive the thing, not worry about getting it dirty, and not kill my bank account...

so im in search of finding the perfect balance...
}:-)>

[sorry for the long RE:]

Last edited by Bugout; 07-16-2009 at 04:12 AM.
Old 07-17-2009, 03:10 AM

*quick update, just ordered the HKS drop-in filter. should be here by next week.
Old 07-17-2009, 03:23 AM

Car Info: 02 bugeye with tune by Ed
Originally Posted by Bugout
thanks for the link, im going to give a read in a second.
i was in the Dub religion for a little while so i know a thing or two about people's opinions on dedicated message boards; i try to find boards like this that give you a descriptive reason why you should or shouldnt add a mod, then based on belief and feedback i make my decision.
the on-going battle with ride height was my first introduction to this way of life. its a compromise between looks, performance and daily use.
personally nothing looks better than a "nut dragging" monster but unless you plan on getting another car its not practical for the daily grind.
the reason why i traded the .:R in and bought the WRX is because i can only afford one car at the moment and i live in the NH. I need something thats 4 seasoned, reliable, enjoyable, and track ready.
with all that being said i plan on my building my vision of what a daily driver should look like.
*low enough to sit right for the car shows, handle well for days on the track and make it through the city and winters with no problems.
*fast enough, to smoke a chump, duck from a cop, keep up with the "all out rich kid", and still able to drive a long periods of time without issues.
*stunning enough to excite a ricer, make a driver second guess and impress my GF.
*overall make me excited to drive the thing, not worry about getting it dirty, and not kill my bank account...

so im in search of finding the perfect balance...
}:-)>

[sorry for the long RE:]

QFT.

Hope Unabomber's manifesto helps you out well with all of your subaru needs and of course i-club is a wonderful source of info.
Old 07-18-2009, 07:21 AM

lol thanks. after reading that i might change the order of which parts to buy. i might save a BOV for a rainy day, unless i find a good deal...
Old 07-20-2009, 04:16 AM

*quick update, just ordered a 2" perrin antenna this morning ...

Last edited by Bugout; 07-20-2009 at 04:22 AM.