Open class gf4 build in Norcal - i-Club

Go Back  i-Club > General Forums > Ongoing Projects
Open class gf4 build in Norcal >

Open class gf4 build in Norcal

Notices
Ongoing Projects Want to share your ongoing Subaru project with the rest of Subaru Community? Tell us what you did, how you did it and what else are you going to do.

Old 09-05-2018, 09:02 AM

Car Info: Subaru impreza gc8 wrx sti

Hi everybody, I'm new to these forums. I just thought I'd start a journal.
I've been a Subaru lover since the late 90's. Back in 2000- 2005 I raced scca, Rally America and NASA autovsport. Stage rally and some rallycross.
I started off with a galant.(non vr4) Rolled that thing at Gorman ridge back in 2003. Then I decided to get serious. I bought a gc8. 2 door coup. Raced her hard in 04-05 and got 3rd place in western regional championship series in Rally america. 2005

The car had v3 ej20, DMS suspension.
The car is now just an empty shell sitting I'm my back yard. I will be rebuilding her. Soon..

But for now, back to the gf4..

I'm going to document the complete build. From teardown, weight reduction, seam welding, building a spec. Cage, swapping a 2003 wrx complete powertrain, harness merging, underbody protection and a whole lot more into a 2000 impreza wagon. This is a low budget high skill build. Many of the parts will be custom built by my boys and me. I will purchase as few parts as possible.
We do it all. Metal fabrication, carbon fiber work, wiring, paint,
This car will be for sale after the build. My goal is to build affordable rally cars.
I have 15+ years experience in performance automotive repair and fabrication. I'm trying to teach as much of it to my boys as possible. I'll be posting as regularly as possible.

I have tons of parts for sale. Most are oem. Nothing too fancy.
But I'll give great deals. Here's what I have right now for cars. (Parting)

2003 wrx wagon
2000 gf4 wagon. (Impreza outback)
2000 forester.
1998 legacy wagon

I'll post them in a separate section. Just getting the word out.

If you have any suggestions (not calling out the armchair pros here) post it.

If you have something that you think I need, post it.

If you have something that you want to donate to the rally cause, I'll take it! I'll even drive to pick it up if need be.

This will be an adventure