Ongoing Projects Want to share your ongoing Subaru project with the rest of Subaru Community? Tell us what you did, how you did it and what else are you going to do.

Hey Guys..I'm not new but its my first time posting. Enjoy my PIcs

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2005, 07:59 AM

Car Info: 2000 impreza 2.5 rs
Originally Posted by akcel
and im sooo sure your friend has a rhd alltrac :X google boy
who ever said that was a picture of my firends car? unlike most i dont keep pictures of my car or my friends cars on me at all time... damn right i put gt4 celica into a surch engine an posted the pic from a sight.. just using it to point something out that you may have missed
Old 06-04-2005, 09:26 AM

Car Info: GC8 ej20 motor, 18" gramlights on yokos,
i want mo' pix of Em...
any rear ends? ja ja

RANDi
Old 06-04-2005, 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by cudaeh
so what you are saying here is you have no issues telling people that there cars suck just because they are a certent brand but you get all pissy when some one suggests the spicific car you have my be undesirable because of a spicific problem?
As far as my friends go they dont belong to any forus just for this reason, they view them as all pissing contests with very little redeaming substance.
Pog0, your car does look sweet, i love that color on the genneration my firend mike has one like that (flip up headlight style) my friend matt has the next verriation on that body style (four round headlights). I am very glad that you have not expearenced the transmission probalems I am discribing.

First of all, it was a joke about saying Subaru's suck, especially how was saying stupid **** right after I posted that (akcel admitted to it). Seems like their trannies suck from what I hear from Akcel says all the time. It's like saying Honda sucks, but in reality, they are great cars... it's just that everyone has one that is either dumped to the ground with an eBay exhaust and some blacks. BUT, they last years... just like Toyotas. If you knew me IRL, everytime I go to the AWJ meet with my Celica, I'd say eff these damn Subarus, eff these EVOs... TRYING to be like Toyota. You guys are copying Toyota. LOL. Sucks that Toyota didnt bring the next generation GT-Four over... stronger trans, diff gear ratios, stronger rear diff, super strut suspension, 255 hp, anti-lag but not activated, a/w TMIC. Toyota needs to bring their ***** back.

The only problem that is common with ALL All-Tracs is ****ty wheel bearings, and leaks at the cam seals and the rear main seal cause of heat. Oh yeah, heat soak from horrible placement of a TMIC. Then whatever else the 3sgte has problems with.

What really did it was you said turn your AWD car to FWD. That's just plain stupid... Ruining a rare car like that.
Old 06-04-2005, 08:23 PM

Car Info: Sline
Toyota had one good car. . . the Supra, and I'm not talking about the early ones.
Old 06-05-2005, 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by pog0
First of all, it was a joke about saying Subaru's suck, especially how was saying stupid **** right after I posted that (akcel admitted to it). Seems like their trannies suck from what I hear from Akcel says all the time. It's like saying Honda sucks, but in reality, they are great cars... it's just that everyone has one that is either dumped to the ground with an eBay exhaust and some blacks. BUT, they last years... just like Toyotas. If you knew me IRL, everytime I go to the AWJ meet with my Celica, I'd say eff these damn Subarus, eff these EVOs... TRYING to be like Toyota. You guys are copying Toyota. LOL. Sucks that Toyota didnt bring the next generation GT-Four over... stronger trans, diff gear ratios, stronger rear diff, super strut suspension, 255 hp, anti-lag but not activated, a/w TMIC. Toyota needs to bring their ***** back.

The only problem that is common with ALL All-Tracs is ****ty wheel bearings, and leaks at the cam seals and the rear main seal cause of heat. Oh yeah, heat soak from horrible placement of a TMIC. Then whatever else the 3sgte has problems with.

What really did it was you said turn your AWD car to FWD. That's just plain stupid... Ruining a rare car like that.
I wouldent have given you such a hard time had i known you were joking, that way my screw up sorry about that. I thought you were just another bench racer tool that likes to go from forum to forum just to start some s#@t.
I wasent lying when i said both of my friends nuked there trannies. Most forum people that i have seen that spout off and say crap like own3d dont know there a$$ from a head gasket.. Thats why when ever i give them advice its usualy to get them to make there car as problem free as possible.. but ill admid i was just being a jurk telling you to convert it to fwd. I personaly wouldent do it to my own car if i had one but one of my friends did just that because he was sick of blowing transmissions (went through 3 in one year) he has had more fun with that car after the conversion then he has ever had before.
Old 06-05-2005, 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by jvick125
Toyota had one good car. . . the Supra, and I'm not talking about the early ones.
carolla gts....... yeah im a initial d dork. but they kick *** in the drift comps.
Carolla wagons used to sport awd and kicked some *** in rally
Old 06-05-2005, 03:15 PM

How easy would it be to change an AWD car (subaru in particular) to a FWD car? Or would it be easy at all?
Old 06-05-2005, 04:13 PM

How easy would it be to change an AWD car (subaru in particular) to a FWD car? Or would it be easy at all?
I suspect you would just need to make a plug for the output shaft in the rear of the trans and the output side of the rear axle.
Old 06-06-2005, 02:53 PM

I wonder how long it would take and how hard it would be to remove the shaft.
Old 06-06-2005, 06:05 PM

Car Info: EJ20 + EJ5 2000 RS
Ummm enough car talk.
Old 06-06-2005, 11:13 PM

Car Info: GC8 ej20 motor, 18" gramlights on yokos,
i'm wit, UGLY^^^^

RANDi
Old 06-07-2005, 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by cudaeh
I wouldent have given you such a hard time had i known you were joking, that way my screw up sorry about that. I thought you were just another bench racer tool that likes to go from forum to forum just to start some s#@t.
I wasent lying when i said both of my friends nuked there trannies. Most forum people that i have seen that spout off and say crap like own3d dont know there a$$ from a head gasket.. Thats why when ever i give them advice its usualy to get them to make there car as problem free as possible.. but ill admid i was just being a jurk telling you to convert it to fwd. I personaly wouldent do it to my own car if i had one but one of my friends did just that because he was sick of blowing transmissions (went through 3 in one year) he has had more fun with that car after the conversion then he has ever had before.

sounds like your friend is t3h suck at driving ;x. subaru is known for having 'glass trannies' as SOJ posted in one of their bulletins, and yet i havent broken mine. AFI and swap on the na RS tranny and still running fine. i think blowing trannies is in the clutch foot of the driver. not the tranny. unless they have like 238473298473298 hp to the wheels. tranny boy ;x

my gc is better than your GD :X...if u have a gd that is
Old 06-07-2005, 06:59 PM

Old 06-07-2005, 07:26 PM

Wow, how did you come up with that assumption? Yeah, the MK4 Supra with the 2jzgte was an amazing car. The motor is awesome but what about the AE86? That was a Toyota Atlantic N2 car. What about the 3sgte in the MR2 and the All-Trac? The All-Trac was a WRC car from 88-92, then the Corolla WRC car was after that. The MR2 wasn't in much but the 3sgte motor is a small beast. It was put in the Top Secret Supra and was used in the Supra for JGTC because it can push 500 HP no problem and is lighter. I wouldn't end it at the Supra being the best car. Toyota has a few good cars, but a decent amount of good motors.

Toyota rewlz. LOL!
Old 06-07-2005, 09:02 PM

I did forget one, the Supercharged MR2 from the late 80's -early 90's. My good friend's dad had one for a while, that thing had ***** and it was over 10 years old when I rode in it.

Quick Reply: Hey Guys..I'm not new but its my first time posting. Enjoy my PIcs