Ongoing Projects Want to share your ongoing Subaru project with the rest of Subaru Community? Tell us what you did, how you did it and what else are you going to do.

Hatteroo's MY01 Version 7 STi

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2012, 03:52 AM
Nobody likes the tuna here

Car Info: 03 SRP WRX Street Class Prepped, 17 Chevy Duramax
Have you checked out Upgarage yet in Kasukabe? They have a ton of stuff for our cars. Wheels too volks for 100,000 yen.
Old 07-22-2012, 04:05 AM

Car Info: 04 Forester XT/96 Brighton Project
Originally Posted by Heedz
Have you checked out Upgarage yet in Kasukabe? They have a ton of stuff for our cars. Wheels too volks for 100,000 yen.
<br />
<br />
naw i just search the site and bring the links to my guy at the shop and order it in. the yen rate BLOWS right now with it being 77¥-1$
Old 07-22-2012, 04:11 AM

I see. Yeah the exchange rate does suck since you are getting paid USD not Yen forgot about that. At least theres a bit more market for the 5x100 over there with Legacy enthusiasts compared to the states. Are you gonna try and make a track day over there at tsukuba or maybe fuji speedway?
Old 07-22-2012, 08:26 AM

Car Info: 2004 WRX Sport Wagon
Nice bugeye Hatteroo! I always liked the JDM version compared to water down USDM.
Old 07-22-2012, 08:40 AM

Car Info: 2004 WRX Sport Wagon
Sweet exhaust Hatteroo! One of the best looking exhaust I've ever seen!
Old 07-22-2012, 04:20 PM

I see. Yeah the exchange rate does suck since you are getting paid USD not Yen forgot about that. At least theres a bit more market for the 5x100 over there with Legacy enthusiasts compared to the states. Are you gonna try and make a track day over there at tsukuba or maybe fuji speedway?
One of these days...there's one in august at fuji comming up. I need new tires...mine are on their way out the door lol.

Originally Posted by edzwrx
Nice bugeye Hatteroo! I always liked the JDM version compared to water down USDM.
Originally Posted by edzwrx
Sweet exhaust Hatteroo! One of the best looking exhaust I've ever seen!
Thanks man....yeah I get alot of comments about it because it looks so weird to them and even other subaru folks too, but I love it
Old 07-27-2012, 01:18 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Seishin-teki kyōkō/Intonjutsu/Shinobi-ir
Uh, Hey Mr. R.C, you remember me? LOL, the one whom your shipped package was recirculating from hawaii to new york like 8 times in a row. lol.... JK brudder.

anyways, uhh...stop making us all jealous of your STi!! Jus saying. But what a beauty nonetheless.. How you been up in Oki?
Old 07-27-2012, 02:25 AM

Car Info: 12Teens crazy 4 me
such a nice build Hatteroo..

Man for some reason, subarus in japan look way better than the ones here even with identical body styling.
Old 07-27-2012, 04:06 AM

Yeah I got to see a track day at Tsukuba that was EPIC. I wanna drive that track sometime in my life time. Fuji too. Suzuka I'd be afraid to lol.
Old 07-27-2012, 04:27 AM

Originally Posted by dub81
Uh, Hey Mr. R.C, you remember me? LOL, the one whom your shipped package was recirculating from hawaii to new york like 8 times in a row. lol.... JK brudder.

anyways, uhh...stop making us all jealous of your STi!! Jus saying. But what a beauty nonetheless.. How you been up in Oki?
Ya man that was a headache for both of us :lol
I'm actually not in Okinawa anymore...I've been in Tokyo for the past year

Originally Posted by theoutbackdream
such a nice build Hatteroo..

Man for some reason, subarus in japan look way better than the ones here even with identical body styling.
Thanks man! Ya they do look a bit different even though it's the exact same as in the states if you mod it. Maybe it's the authenticity of it being in Japan?
I prefer to keep the stock look for the most part since I'm fairly a purist with this stuff and love the stock look anyways. I just wish I had the black s202 seats rather than the spec c type ra seats to be more period correct
Old 07-27-2012, 04:32 AM

Yeah I got to see a track day at Tsukuba that was EPIC. I wanna drive that track sometime in my life time. Fuji too. Suzuka I'd be afraid to lol.
So lucky.. Always wanted to see a track day in Japan. All the japanese girls "waaaaa SUUUGOI!!!!"

Originally Posted by Hatteroo
Thanks man! Ya they do look a bit different even though it's the exact same as in the states if you mod it. Maybe it's the authenticity of it being in Japan?
I prefer to keep the stock look for the most part since I'm fairly a purist with this stuff and love the stock look anyways. I just wish I had the black s202 seats rather than the spec c type ra seats to be more period correct
Might be right about the authenticity. In america just seems so weird no reason to back it up though. haha

Maybe give Kasukabe upgarage a try? There were plenty of seats if i recall for sale (about 1month back i was there).
Old 07-27-2012, 04:35 AM

Some of it has to do with adapting to Americans, for example the seats, they hug more in the originals but the US ones do not, this is probably to accommodate to larger persons here. The body I say has to do with certain regulations, beams and etc. Stupid little nit picky things.
Old 07-27-2012, 04:42 AM

Originally Posted by theoutbackdream
So lucky.. Always wanted to see a track day in Japan. All the japanese girls "waaaaa SUUUGOI!!!!"

Might be right about the authenticity. In america just seems so weird no reason to back it up though. haha

Maybe give Kasukabe upgarage a try? There were plenty of seats if i recall for sale (about 1month back i was there).
hahaha sugoiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!! Eh japanese women ALWAYS over exagerate their surprised expressions. Gets kinda annoying at times because im like...wtf it wasn't that awesome (I'm thinking it in my head of course lol)

Some of it has to do with adapting to Americans, for example the seats, they hug more in the originals but the US ones do not, this is probably to accommodate to larger persons here. The body I say has to do with certain regulations, beams and etc. Stupid little nit picky things.
Stupid american standards are quite annoying. Japanese standards are much higher than ours and the cars are just as safe and burn cleaner. Definently too much of a strangle hold on the auto industry for the states.
Old 07-27-2012, 04:48 AM

The seats here feel like a bed now that you mention it.

Your prob right on the body. Whatever it is, cars over there are just sexy.

Originally Posted by Hatteroo
hahaha sugoiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!! Eh japanese women ALWAYS over exagerate their surprised expressions. Gets kinda annoying at times because im like...wtf it wasn't that awesome (I'm thinking it in my head of course lol)

Stupid american standards are quite annoying. Japanese standards are much higher than ours and the cars are just as safe and burn cleaner. Definently too much of a strangle hold on the auto industry for the states.
thats true. haha

I think what the states want us to be is tree hugging hybrid vehicle drivers... Or casa de alternative.. Drive a diesel truck.

Last edited by theoutbackdream; 07-27-2012 at 04:53 AM.
Old 07-27-2012, 05:07 AM

Don't worry when I get my full time job, I will be rolling coal EVERYWHERE. Did you know a wildfire in CA creates more green house gases than a year's worth of car pollution?

Oh and regulations in other countries are WAY MORE STRICT, but we get the short end of the stick, ****ed in all directions and I CANNOT HAS A LAUREL SO EASILY :/. Out of everyone I talked to in Japan regarding cars here in the states they were appalled to hear that we do not have the entire Nissan line up, not only that surprised that my car has a 2.5L in it and has no top end, their comment usually was "Don't americans love their freeways?" I said in their mustangs and camaros they do, one guy replied, damn I want one of those. LMFAO.

Now regarding Japanese women, LEGS LEGS LEGS all year around but always KYAAA, KIMOI, SUGOI at everything. They think ANYTHING is amazing, like in a train, one was surprised at how tall I am and ended up using me as a buffer and something to hold onto, her reply at me when I said I live in the US, "WAAAAAA SUGOIIII!!!!" Probably the equivalent of me saying Hella LOL

Quick Reply: Hatteroo's MY01 Version 7 STi