Ongoing Projects Want to share your ongoing Subaru project with the rest of Subaru Community? Tell us what you did, how you did it and what else are you going to do.

Blacked out ride

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2003, 10:15 AM

Lightbulb Blacked out ride

Well, I've got a black WRX sedan and I'm thinking about getting my windows tinted along with getting some anthracite, smoked steel grey rims, but I'm afraid of cops hassling me for the tinting.

I was just wondering if any other black cars have gotten their front windows tinted along with their rears. If you live in California, even better, tell me how much attention your car gets from the po-po.

BTW, I'm thinking about getting 20% on 3 rears, and I'm choosing between 35% or 50% on the driver and passenger side fronts. Pics? Suggestions? Greatly appreciate it. Thanks.
Old 04-15-2003, 11:26 AM

Car Info: '05 WRX
First off, i think you posted in the wrong section.

But anyways, I live in california and one of my friends has an 02 black wrx. He tinted ALL the windows on the car. I believe he did 35% on the front windshield(by front i mean front front, not front sides), and limo tint(which is 5% i think) on all the side windows and the rear window. It does look nice, but living in CA you know thats quite illegal and cops around here love to give tickets for anything they can on modded cars. Well i can tell you that my friend gets at least 2 fix its on for the tint a month.

I believe in CA the law says that on the front/side windows you are not allowed to have any tint at all(but up to 35% cops usually don't hassel you). For the rear/sides i'm pretty sure legal is 35%, and the rear you can do as dark as you want(but you dont want too dark cause you cant see shiest out the back)

Not worth the hassel of you ask me. Cops around here are too ****.

-Paul (your friendly neighborhood RS-T)

Last edited by MeaCulpa; 04-15-2003 at 11:29 AM.
Old 04-17-2003, 09:45 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: evo
Nevada has the best laws(absence of them), for tint, no one I know in Reno ever get hassled.
Old 04-24-2003, 06:58 PM

Car Info: 2003 wrx
any tints on your driver passenger and i belive winshield are illegal in cali. i was gonna do my tint today too but i think its too much of a hassle in cali.
Old 07-29-2003, 09:10 PM

Car Info: TXS tbe, perrin goodies, v7 sti struts...bla bla bla lots of stuff!
Arrow

Does anyone have a picture of 25% tint... I usually hear people saying either 35% or 20%... 35% seems not dark enough, but 20% seems almost too dark, especially at night... I don't like the fact that it would make me strain to see out the windows at night.. I have never seen a picture of 25% tint... is it dark but much lighter than 20%?

I wish I could actually see cars in person with the % of tint... the internet is all good but it leave a lot to be desired as far as actually sitting in the car looking out the windows, looking in..etc

Thanks,
-Nigel
Old 07-30-2003, 02:21 PM

Car Info: lowered blk04 with no motor
my cars black and have 35% all 5 windows looks great and no problems from cops
Old 07-31-2003, 09:45 AM

Car Info: silver WRX
Originally posted by drelord
Well, i live in oklahoma, so the cops aren't too bad out here. I've got 20% on everything but the windshield. I've gotten two speeding tickets, but the cops never said a word about the tint. I think the key thing is turn your dome light on when the cop pulls you over, so it doesn't look half as dark. I'll try to make this pic work.
nice. u should get black wheels

not my car but DAM
Attached Thumbnails Blacked out ride-mediumdscn0361.jpg  
Old 08-04-2003, 03:11 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: SCBYDON
Thumbs up

Originally posted by 2fast4uwrxsti
nice. u should get black wheels

not my car but DAM
WOW!!!

Quick Reply: Blacked out ride