NorCal Classifieds Cars, parts, electronics, etc for sale and trade. Private parties and approved regional i-Club Vendors.

WTB: EGT Sensor

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2014, 11:56 AM

Car Info: bugeye
WTB: EGT Sensor

whats up my Subie Dudes!

Im looking to get and buy a EGT Sensor for my bugeye. Let me know if anyone has one laying around! TY!
Old 02-17-2014, 10:47 AM

Still need one of these guys! if anyone has one extra please let me know! Shiet is killing my gas!
Old 02-17-2014, 06:14 PM

Car Info: 2006 WRX
stock or aftermarket?
Old 02-17-2014, 09:24 PM

I am looking for a stock one actually thanks for asking
Old 02-17-2014, 09:50 PM

Car Info: 0[[XXXXoXXXX]]0
you mean the front O2 sensor? The one in the pass. side exh manifold?

Rockauto for about $115 shipped for a Denso OEM-duplicate, look for 5% off codes around the net.
Old 02-18-2014, 07:33 AM

Car Info: 2002 subaru wrx
Im replacing my stock uppipe with a egtless uppipe. If u want to buy mine after i replace it lmk 4088078553. Plan on doin the swap within a week
Old 02-18-2014, 08:27 AM

i would leave the EGT sensor out since it usually breaks and get sucked up by the turbo.
it shoudnt effect anything.
why do you want to install the EGT back on for?
Old 02-18-2014, 10:46 AM

Hey thanks guys for all the responses!

03wrxtc= I got a CEL light on for that EGT sensor, and since i need to do a smog for my car this year i figure ill just buy another one and replace the one i have on now to pass the smog. I have heard about the EGT getting sucked into the turbo and i do wanna just keep it off but for smog purposes id just like to have one that works. Plus i think its throwing my car off a little in acceleration.
Old 02-18-2014, 11:09 AM

if you dont mind driving down to morgan hill i can turn off that cel for you.
then you dont have to worry about it.
Old 02-18-2014, 11:13 AM

I actually dont have the CEL anymore. It turned it off but i still had the CEL checked from the logs and it was coming from the EFT sensor which probably is bad now. But i feel like thats also the reason why im getting poor gas mileage. What do you think?
Old 02-18-2014, 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by supersubi81
I actually dont have the CEL anymore. It turned it off but i still had the CEL checked from the logs and it was coming from the EFT sensor which probably is bad now. But i feel like thats also the reason why im getting poor gas mileage. What do you think?
The EGT sensor (to protect the CAT in the UP from overheating) has ZERO to do with your miles/gallon (unless the CAT is clogged and stifling flow maybe? Still not an EGT issue). Thus, why I asked about your O2 sensor...

What code, exactly, did you get?

If you're gonna pull the damned OEM UP to *fix* the EGT probe, then please hand over your keys, you're done here .

Srsly, pull the probe out of the UP, plug with a bolt, and do the $0.95 resistor fix if you insist on keeping the single biggest risk to your turbo's health (aka the CAT) in place.

Ebay has some OEM catless UP's for $80 right now. Why do this horrid pull/replace TWICE? We beg of you...
Old 02-18-2014, 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by oaklandish_WRX
The EGT sensor (to protect the CAT in the UP from overheating) has ZERO to do with your miles/gallon (unless the CAT is clogged and stifling flow maybe? Still not an EGT issue). Thus, why I asked about your O2 sensor...

What code, exactly, did you get?

If you're gonna pull the damned OEM UP to *fix* the EGT probe, then please hand over your keys, you're done here .

Srsly, pull the probe out of the UP, plug with a bolt, and do the $0.95 resistor fix if you insist on keeping the single biggest risk to your turbo's health (aka the CAT) in place.

Ebay has some OEM catless UP's for $80 right now. Why do this horrid pull/replace TWICE? We beg of you...

I wasnt attempting to take the uppipe out unless i needed to. And i do need to pass smog so i think a aftermarket uppipe wouldnt be the best option for me right now or until at least after i pass my smog. So for now im going to buy another EGT sensor from Xlagman92 and use that for the mean time.
Old 02-18-2014, 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by supersubi81
I wasnt attempting to take the uppipe out unless i needed to. And i do need to pass smog so i think a aftermarket uppipe wouldnt be the best option for me right now or until at least after i pass my smog. So for now im going to buy another EGT sensor from Xlagman92 and use that for the mean time.
I cannot imagine that a 12 year old EGT probe will come out of the UP easily, even on the bench; it will be impossible ON the car. The probe is right under the hotside of the turbo = no room to work.

You do NOT need the UP cat to pass SMOG (assumes you have at least some sort of downpipe cat). Do the resistor fix and get smogged (you'll pass visuals easily- hell people pass with catless aftermarket UPs all the damned time); worry about the UP replacement later, but not too long...

Please, man...please.

Edit: what a way to earn my 500th post...

Last edited by oaklandish_WRX; 02-18-2014 at 12:09 PM. Reason: 5-hundy
Old 02-18-2014, 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by oaklandish_WRX
I cannot imagine that a 12 year old EGT probe will come out of the UP easily, even on the bench; it will be impossible ON the car. The probe is right under the hotside of the turbo = no room to work.

You do NOT need the UP cat to pass SMOG (assumes you have at least some sort of downpipe cat). Do the resistor fix and get smogged (you'll pass visuals easily- hell people pass with catless aftermarket UPs all the damned time); worry about the UP replacement later, but not too long...

Please, man...please.

Edit: what a way to earn my 500th post...
Thanks for the info man. Sooner or later i will.