NorCal Classifieds Cars, parts, electronics, etc for sale and trade. Private parties and approved regional i-Club Vendors.

"Pray For Japan" windshield banner *GROUP BUY*

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2011, 04:09 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
"Pray For Japan" windshield banner *GROUP BUY*

Hey everyone, a week or so ago xhengmanx approached me to design a "Pray For Japan" windshield banner. These are available for order and all profit will be donated to the Japan recovery efforts.

We've settled on a design and are currently in contact with a few vendors regarding production cost in order to maximize the amount that'll be donated from each purchase.

Here is the design.

Order price is at least $40, this allows for at least $15 per piece to be donated. You may however purchase it for any amount above $40 if you wish to give more to the efforts. Payment will be through PayPal to make payment and final donation seamless and easy.

The design above will be printed on white vinyl 56" wide by about 7" tall to accommodate multiple vehicle sizes.

Shipping is $11. We need at least 15 orders to make this happen.

Due to the discussion of the CVC, *this product is intended for off-road use only.*

Last edited by VRT MBasile; 05-18-2011 at 01:35 AM.
Old 04-22-2011, 05:29 PM

Car Info: 04 impreza wrx R.I.P Daniel Wentz JOEBOBBUCKET
i will be getting mine as soon as we get enough orders and will put it on promptly! hopefully we can get enough to make a decent size donation to the red cross to aid japan. These will be printed vinyl not layered. Also will have a white back ground for it will also work as a sunshade.

lets start a list!
1. xhengmanx - 5
2. Sti-owns-evo - 1+?
3. Pho_shizzle - 1
4. ohyeaahaj - 1
5. idrivemyi - 1

Last edited by xhengmanx; 04-23-2011 at 01:45 PM.
Old 04-22-2011, 07:35 PM

Car Info: '02 PSM WRX
Count me in, I would love one. How would shipping work if I wanted to order a couple for some friends as well?
Old 04-22-2011, 08:30 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by STi-owns-evo
Count me in, I would love one. How would shipping work if I wanted to order a couple for some friends as well?
You have a few options for that:
-you can pick all of them up in Sunnyvale and manage distribution on your own
-I can ship each one individually to each recipient ($11 per package)
-I can ship all of them to one destination and distribution can be handled by that person ($11 for all, if they all fit in one box)
Old 04-22-2011, 09:49 PM

Car Info: Subaru 2009 Forester
Pray for japan
Pran for everyone in this accident

One farmer killed himself few days ago,Shandong China ,because he wont earn any money this year. just like the farmer of Japan.
Old 04-22-2011, 10:15 PM

Car Info: MY00 GC6 BRP
Yea, count me in for one. Ill rock it.

Edit: crap, what am I gonna do about the keep pace style jbb sticker...... is that reusable?

Last edited by pho_shizzle; 04-22-2011 at 10:20 PM.
Old 04-22-2011, 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by chinabox
Pray for japan
Pran for everyone in this accident

One farmer killed himself few days ago,Shandong China ,because he wont earn any money this year. just like the farmer of Japan.
wtf? how does that relate to Japan. China is a ****ed up country where most th farms are failing. Thats what happened when Mao ruined the country, and started factory conversion outrage instead of their food producing farms. Frankly people pouring acid on other peoples faces on a regular basis worries me more, and they horrible buildings for schools etc.. overall ****ting on the regular man. China made widespread choices to ruin their ecosystem over the last 25 years. Not similar to Japan. The Tsunami was horrible, but I don't believe Japan is going to have much of a financial problem, being as rich as they are, and as innovative while still maintaining highest quality. What about the farmer who steals something in China and goes to a labor camp for the rest of his life for trying to eat.

If people have respect for Mao, I can't have respect for them.

Last edited by slow04wrx; 04-22-2011 at 10:47 PM.
Old 04-22-2011, 11:31 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by pho_shizzle
Yea, count me in for one. Ill rock it.

Edit: crap, what am I gonna do about the keep pace style jbb sticker...... is that reusable?
Reusable? Nope. However, Jen should still have a bag full of them.

Originally Posted by slow04wrx
wtf? how does that relate to Japan. China is a ****ed up country where most th farms are failing. Thats what happened when Mao ruined the country, and started factory conversion outrage instead of their food producing farms. Frankly people pouring acid on other peoples faces on a regular basis worries me more, and they horrible buildings for schools etc.. overall ****ting on the regular man. China made widespread choices to ruin their ecosystem over the last 25 years. Not similar to Japan. The Tsunami was horrible, but I don't believe Japan is going to have much of a financial problem, being as rich as they are, and as innovative while still maintaining highest quality. What about the farmer who steals something in China and goes to a labor camp for the rest of his life for trying to eat.

Please take this to PM's.
Old 04-23-2011, 08:39 AM

Car Info: 2005 Subaru Forester XT
i will definitely rock one too. when will it be available for pick up in sunnyvale?? do you have to pre order them first??
Old 04-23-2011, 09:01 AM

Car Info: Subaru 2009 Forester
Originally Posted by slow04wrx
I have to admit that most of you said is the truth.
many people are poor in their mind.I will it will change after a long time ,maybe 200~300 years.

But our farmer became more rich than before ,at least half of the m are successed,I hope they will attach importance to environmental protection

that farmer was failed,People think that the growth of vegetables by the open-air nuclear pollution,
No matter who's wrong, he was dead

Mao made a lot of great mistake, depriving many people died,
after all,he was the founder of China, history will evaluate him.
Old 04-23-2011, 09:05 AM

Car Info: 2010 Impreza 2.5i Premium Boosted
I would love to pick one up. Let me know when they are available for pick-up. Thanks!
Old 04-23-2011, 01:41 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by ohyeaahaj
i will definitely rock one too. when will it be available for pick up in sunnyvale?? do you have to pre order them first??
Originally Posted by iDriveMyi
I would love to pick one up. Let me know when they are available for pick-up. Thanks!
These are being done by pre-orders only, since there is 0 profit I can't afford to get extras printed to keep them around.

Originally Posted by chinabox
I have to admit that most of you said is the truth.
many people are poor in their mind.I will it will change after a long time ,maybe 200~300 years.

But our farmer became more rich than before ,at least half of the m are successed,I hope they will attach importance to environmental protection

that farmer was failed,People think that the growth of vegetables by the open-air nuclear pollution,
No matter who's wrong, he was dead

Mao made a lot of great mistake, depriving many people died,
after all,he was the founder of China, history will evaluate him.
Use the PM function of this forum.
Old 04-23-2011, 01:53 PM

i updated the second post with a list of people who wants to buy.
Old 04-23-2011, 07:04 PM

Car Info: baby blue TRICK STAR on pink TUFF II's (MIA) =(
Not to be a debbie downer, but I think windshield banners are a CA Vehicle Code Violation. It would be pretty petty for an officer to cite you for it, esp given the charitable intent, but this is CA. People have been cited for "In Loving Memory..." Type banners. Just FYI.

Maybe you can redesign the dimensions+layout for rear windows.

Very nice design tho.
Old 04-23-2011, 07:16 PM

i believe the front windshield is only allows to be 7 inches tall. I've rocked a banner on my car for 3+ years and been pulled over a majority of times and haven't been questioned about my banner but pulled over for my exhaust.

Quick Reply: "Pray For Japan" windshield banner *GROUP BUY*