NorCal Classifieds Cars, parts, electronics, etc for sale and trade. Private parties and approved regional i-Club Vendors.

Feeler: 02 Wrx Featured on HellaFlush

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2014, 10:03 AM

Car Info: 2006 STI
Originally Posted by wombatsauce
No. And it's crap like this and other posts in here that will make me never put my car up for sale, even though I would sort of love to not have it any more at times.

This car is worth whatever someone is willing to pay. Clearly no one in this thread is actually interested in the car, especially those saying things like "blue book" and "for the mileage" but even still, there will be someone for which this car is perfect, and they might have the personal knowledge that it would take a crap-ton more money to get another BugEye to where this car is.

For all the rest, go to CL and keep looking for those $5-$6k BugEyes, and just dream of one like this because that is as close as it will get. Myself, I bought a "pretty nice" BugEye with 54k miles in 2012, and then spent at least the purchase price of the car over the last two years correcting issues and making things a little nicer. Now, I have gone beyond that with more sensible mods done right (bracing, suspension, replacing wear items that are not worn out). Two years ago, this was a KBB car. Now it's not. Just the way it goes.

I am not saying that it "should be" worth more to you, but what I am saying is that telling me that my car is worth less because of other cars that do not compare to it, does not make a lot of sense. The same goes with this car.

People realize this the first time they actually spend some money on a car, and then try to sell it later. Most people have not had the experience of spending actual money on a car build, and that comes across in threads like this.

The way I look at it, if you are actually interested, make an offer that you feel is sensible. I really have no idea what one thinks to gain by coming in these threads and ignorantly saying that based on no info at all, this price is too high.

But hey, whatever. It happens a lot.

To the OP: GLWS, the car looks wicked.
I agree with you and this is why I jumped at my STi when I found it. The price was right, mileage was low and the mods/upgrades it came with (along with all the receipts from purchased parts to installation of said parts) made it even more worth the asking price to me. A lot of the responses in this thread are the reason why if I ever decide to sell my car I am parting out all that I can and making it as close to stock as possible. It seems like some people don't appreciate the hard work and money dumped in by someone else and feel it is more of a reason to lower the price. Granted as a buyer you do want to feel comfortable knowing parts were installed correctly and can trust the workmanship. Like with my car, the previous owner had parts installed by a reputable installer. Its still a risk but so is taking your stock car to X installer and paying them to do it.

Car looks sweet OP!! GLWS! The right buyer will come along who appreciates it and all that youu have done.
Old 07-04-2014, 10:05 AM

Car Info: 2002 subaru wrx
Originally Posted by wombatsauce
no. And it's crap like this and other posts in here that will make me never put my car up for sale, even though i would sort of love to not have it any more at times.

This car is worth whatever someone is willing to pay. Clearly no one in this thread is actually interested in the car, especially those saying things like "blue book" and "for the mileage" but even still, there will be someone for which this car is perfect, and they might have the personal knowledge that it would take a crap-ton more money to get another bugeye to where this car is.

For all the rest, go to cl and keep looking for those $5-$6k bugeyes, and just dream of one like this because that is as close as it will get. Myself, i bought a "pretty nice" bugeye with 54k miles in 2012, and then spent at least the purchase price of the car over the last two years correcting issues and making things a little nicer. Now, i have gone beyond that with more sensible mods done right (bracing, suspension, replacing wear items that are not worn out). Two years ago, this was a kbb car. Now it's not. Just the way it goes.

I am not saying that it "should be" worth more to you, but what i am saying is that telling me that my car is worth less because of other cars that do not compare to it, does not make a lot of sense. The same goes with this car.

People realize this the first time they actually spend some money on a car, and then try to sell it later. Most people have not had the experience of spending actual money on a car build, and that comes across in threads like this.

The way i look at it, if you are actually interested, make an offer that you feel is sensible. I really have no idea what one thinks to gain by coming in these threads and ignorantly saying that based on no info at all, this price is too high.

But hey, whatever. It happens a lot.

To the op: Glws, the car looks wicked.
thank you!
Old 07-04-2014, 10:20 AM

Seriously appreciate the last posts from skizzdawg and wombatsauce. If the car doesn't sell I will drop the price it's as simple as that. I truly do not understand what anyone has to gain by making a post complaining about the price when they aren't even interested. OR BEST OFFER means just that. It kills me to sell this car but 3 cars and no garage is not going to workout for me. This car was done right.
Old 07-06-2014, 12:54 AM

bump
Old 07-12-2014, 09:17 PM

BUMP for new price 12,000 OBO

RA gears!