NorCal Classifieds Cars, parts, electronics, etc for sale and trade. Private parties and approved regional i-Club Vendors.

Detail Maniac $899 full detail certificate

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2013, 10:37 AM

Car Info: 2011 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT Limited
Agreed lol thanks oil money. My friend Law spent $100, won a set of mechanics gloves, and couldn't be happier. And I know he would have been just as happy w nothing, knowing he donated to a good cause.
Old 08-19-2013, 10:56 AM

Car Info: 04 impreza wrx R.I.P Daniel Wentz JOEBOBBUCKET
Haters going to hate and trolls will be trolls. Op its your prize your money. Do as you please!! Detail manic already verified thay they will honor the certificate if its transferred since no rules were set for the rsffle.
Old 08-19-2013, 11:04 AM

Car Info: 2005 FXT, 2015 Legacy
They should change the format of the raffle. It was super unorganized from where I was sitting this year. I think it would go smoother and cause less drama if they did a silent auction style raffle. It's simple.
1. Buy your raffle tickets
2. Drop as many tickets in the prize box YOU want.
3. Wait for them to draw your number.

I think with this format more people would buy tickets if they knew they had a chance at their prize of choice. That raffle would have been done an hour earlier if people didn't pass on every item.
That's my 2 cents. And for the record Thomas' idea of taking $200 and donating the rest is legit.
Old 08-19-2013, 11:06 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by dbangs
They should change the format of the raffle. It was super unorganized from where I was sitting this year. I think it would go smoother and cause less drama if they did a silent auction style raffle. It's simple.

I think with this format more people would buy tickets if they knew they had a chance at their prize of choice. That raffle would have been done an hour earlier if people didn't pass on every item.
That's my 2 cents. And for the record Thomas' idea of taking $200 and donating the rest is legit.
That doesn't work but this isn't really the place to talk about this... there's a thread for that. Feel free to post it over there and we can talk about it.

There will be some changes to the raffle for next year but we won't be doing that.
Old 08-19-2013, 11:52 AM

Car Info: Whatever The Lot Provides ;)
Originally Posted by pvtdonuts
Detail Maniac $899 full detail certificate
Sold
Last edited by pvtdonuts; Today at 11:27 AM.
[Chuckles b/c Gagan and My tix got called a few times and IIRC both of us walked away w/o cashing anything in.]

I like that someone mentioned donating the profits, who knows, maybe the OP already had that in mind.

As for some of us we shouldn't unfairly expect the same of others. In my case anything I could have possibly won I could easily get a hook-up on anyhow so let the "Common Man/Woman" have it instead.

Let the chips fall where they may and let's move on to a different topic now.
Old 08-19-2013, 11:11 PM

Car Info: 2002 subaru wrx and 2013 Impreza
Originally Posted by dbangs

ya whoever bought this must be a loser lol
Old 08-19-2013, 11:18 PM
Stacheless Cholo

Car Info: 2005 STi
Originally Posted by mr_silas
Old 08-19-2013, 11:43 PM

Car Info: 2005 FXT, 2015 Legacy
Originally Posted by mr_silas

You probably know him... Which makes u just as big a loser
Old 08-19-2013, 11:48 PM

Car Info: 2007 STi SWP
Well the gift certificate was sold and the buyer came by the shop today to discuss his options in which detail packages he wanted for his vehicle. I forgot his username, but he is a cool guy and was already a potential customer that was asking for work to be done to his vehicle.

The main point is that we were able to donate our labor to a chariatable cause to help raise money for the charity. Hence there were not any restrictions placed on the gift certificate. Like Ken said:
Originally Posted by KenYoshida
Detail Maniac will honor any transfer of vehicle, however we feel it is not in our right to say whether you can sell it or not. Ideally, whatever works best for the charity, as that is the reason we are donating our hard efforts.
What ever the seller decides to do with the money is up to him in what ever he believes is right. Not many peolple can donate up to $200. But ultimately it is his choice if he believes that he should take a portion of the cash to break even, or to profit off of it.

In the end, money was raised for charity, and we have a happy customer that is looking forward to our services.