NorCal Classifieds Cars, parts, electronics, etc for sale and trade. Private parties and approved regional i-Club Vendors.

Detail Maniac $899 full detail certificate

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2013, 09:48 AM

Car Info: 2011 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT Limited
Detail Maniac will honor any transfer of vehicle, however we feel it is not in our right to say whether you can sell it or not. Ideally, whatever works best for the charity, as that is the reason we are donating our hard efforts.
Old 08-19-2013, 09:53 AM
Churro Aficionado

Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
Originally Posted by KenYoshida
Detail Maniac will honor any transfer of vehicle, however we feel it is not in our right to say whether you can sell it or not. Ideally, whatever works best for the charity, as that is the reason we are donating our hard efforts.
There's the answer for DM.

So OP, why not sell it for X amount, keep 200 (break even on raffle) and donate the rest to the charity?
New purchaser will get a killer deal on a killer service, you don't "loose" any money and the charity makes more

Last edited by stupidchicken03; 08-19-2013 at 09:55 AM.
Old 08-19-2013, 09:53 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2010 swp WRX hatch
Originally Posted by stupidchicken03
Your ticket gets called, walk up to the front and tell them you would be unable to use that specific prize. Then they hand you another prize that would have been raffled off later.

It happened more than once.
That's true. But keep in mind that this user did not know he wouldn't have time to use the prize. Also, there were no stipulations on this prize, whoever holds the certificate can redeem it.
I mean, put yourself in his shoes... Your ticket gets called, you won a full detail... Badass! Then you get home and look into it... It's gonna take 2 days? **** now what do I do? It's too late to give it back, I'll post it and see if anyone else could use it I guess...

Oh ****!!!
Old 08-19-2013, 09:56 AM
Stacheless Cholo

Car Info: 2005 STi
Originally Posted by norcalbro
That's true. But keep in mind that this user did not know he wouldn't have time to use the prize. Also, there were no stipulations on this prize, whoever holds the certificate can redeem it.
I mean, put yourself in his shoes... Your ticket gets called, you won a full detail... Badass! Then you get home and look into it... It's gonna take 2 days? **** now what do I do? It's too late to give it back, I'll post it and see if anyone else could use it I guess...

Oh ****!!!
I'm sure he can use it sometime between now and 20 years... Pretty sad to make profit over something that was donated...
Old 08-19-2013, 09:57 AM

Car Info: 2011 Subaru WRX
Originally Posted by stupidchicken03
Im sure you know whats up in the entire 6 months you've been a member

Actually, its up to the vendor/company if it can be resold. I know on a few of the big prizes, there were stipulations put in place so people could not sell/profit off a charitable donation. As for DM, I dont remember if they gave any stipulation or not.

Yes... I've been here for only 6 months and it's already pretty bad with the experience I have here... Now I could imagine how much worst it had been before.... I honestly must say this is one of the most trolled forums I had been apart out... Seems like a bunch of kids who got nothing better than to challenge others to see who's dominant or another word; Cocky.... This is even worst than honda-tech lol and I've been part of hondatech since 06.... I'm not a forum hopper but I do switch forums when I switch between cars and I've been part of hondatech, club civic, nwp, s2ki, nsxprime and coming from honda life, I would expect subaru owners to be more mature but I guess not... Some people just doesn't grow up...

That is possibly true but regardless it is the op to do whatever he wish with it... Regardless if it's still valid after being transferred..... I do agree, the op should best check with the vendor involved for options... But in the end, if a person has won a item, regardless if it's charity and has no need or use for the prize. Rather to have it go to waste, an exchange for another item which is more desirable sounds fair... A 900 value of detail work, to be exchanged for half of its cash value is normal...

Bestbuy, target or sell gives u a gift card after you buy a tv or computer, if you have nothing else u need from them, now I can see where I would rather sell it to someone who may actual appreciate a discounted value of the actual value... Make any sense? :/

Last edited by s2kvee; 08-19-2013 at 10:06 AM.
Old 08-19-2013, 09:57 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
That's a pretty solid place to stand Ken. Thank you again for being a good dude.

as for the "rules" of the raffle. We all know that there was a big stink about the raffle already and we went in to the event promoting a positive unselfish vibe. Can't use it... pass it on. But technically... the rules only applied to things that were SPECIFICALLY marked that way. i.e, the motor and Snail Tune. They were both listed as non-transferrable.

So it's really the shops choice to honor or not honor the certificate. It's the buyers risk on buying it. If you buy one of these certificates and the shop/donator refuses to honor it then it's your risk and your loss. I don't want to hear a big stink about getting hustled by the seller or what not.

The purpose of the raffle was to raise money... and we raised A LOT through the raffle and a large donation from the event organizers.

I'm very proud of the i-club folks that made this event awesome. So lets try to keep it positive. We already went down the bad road so we'll try and keep it on the good one.

Ken says they'll honor it. That's awesome. I don't like seeing stuff sold but it is what it is. Thank you Ken for jumping in here and settling that question.
Old 08-19-2013, 09:58 AM
Churro Aficionado

Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
Originally Posted by norcalbro

Oh ****!!!
From what I understand, the OP is out in Sac semi often?
Old 08-19-2013, 09:59 AM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by RodriguezGD
I'm sure he can use it sometime between now and 20 years... Pretty sad to make profit over something that was donated...
I for one would keep it. The level of work that Detail Maniac puts out is off the charts. I don't care if your car is in my condition 228,000 miles.... or 3 months old... I guarantee you it'll never be cleaner and shinier than when it rolls out of their shop after this detail.

But that's just me. I'd actually feel bad dropping my car off with these guys. LOL! Have to pay them $1200 to fix my car.
Old 08-19-2013, 10:17 AM

Car Info: 2011 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT Limited
Thanks OneManArmy. I personally think StupidChicken's idea of donating the remainder "profit" into charity, whatever is excess of the $200 he spent on raffles, is an amazing idea. Seems everybody wins and feels good about it :]
Old 08-19-2013, 10:24 AM
Moist IT Outsourcing Services

Car Info: Mahindra Tractor
Agreed, if you must sell the prize, break even and donate the rest to charity.

Originally Posted by OneManArmy
I for one would keep it. The level of work that Detail Maniac puts out is off the charts. I don't care if your car is in my condition 228,000 miles.... or 3 months old... I guarantee you it'll never be cleaner and shinier than when it rolls out of their shop after this detail.

But that's just me. I'd actually feel bad dropping my car off with these guys. LOL! Have to pay them $1200 to fix my car.
This can't be said enough, most cars end up looking nicer than they did while they were on the showroom floor.

Thanks OneManArmy. I personally think StupidChicken's idea of donating the remainder "profit" into charity, whatever is excess of the $200 he spent on raffles, is an amazing idea. Seems everybody wins and feels good about it :]
The oil money agrees
Old 08-19-2013, 10:26 AM
General Pimpin'

FYI... I spent $100 on raffle tickets and won ZERO. No complaints. It's a fun charity donation.

I do have more charity donations to give away... maybe I'll win won of those. LOL
Old 08-19-2013, 10:30 AM

Car Info: VF48'd WRB Bugeye
I have a DM prize that I'll trade for another prize, if not I am going to trade it for a donation to Stand Up To Cancer (just need to figure out the logistics).
Old 08-19-2013, 10:33 AM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by WRX USA
I have a DM prize that I'll trade for another prize, if not I am going to trade it for a donation to Stand Up To Cancer (just need to figure out the logistics).
Nice of you to spread the wealth. I love any contributions made to fighting cancer.

Not sure what people are talking about as far as trading in for a different prize. It was really just a case of take the prize or leave the prize for someone else to win. I don't really have anything to trade.
Old 08-19-2013, 10:34 AM

Car Info: 04 impreza wrx R.I.P Daniel Wentz JOEBOBBUCKET
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
FYI... I spent $100 on raffle tickets and won ZERO. No complaints. It's a fun charity donation.

I do have more charity donations to give away... maybe I'll win won of those. LOL
And thats one of the great things about you. You donante money and not expect to win.
Old 08-19-2013, 10:36 AM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by xhengmanx
And thats one of the great things about you. You donante money and not expect to win.
Yeah.... last two years I've dropped about $200 on raffle tickets and last year I won a gta shirt and a hat. The hat was one of those old man hats so I can't be rocking that. but I wore the shirt yesterday. most expensive shirt I own so I don't wear it often. LOL!

Wait until we release the donation number. You guys are gonna trip out... and see why I'm proud of what we did with the event this year. Haters gonna hate... until they hear the donation total. Then probably still hate. LOL!

Quick Reply: Detail Maniac $899 full detail certificate