NorCal Classifieds Cars, parts, electronics, etc for sale and trade. Private parties and approved regional i-Club Vendors.

2006 CGM STi - rally caged rolling shell ONLY

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2012, 07:45 PM

Car Info: 2004 STI
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
That's exactly why I asked. Either way it's a good deal but STI/WRX... huge difference. Even if the drive train is gone. For me to drive 3-4 hours out there in a suburban to look at it and 3-4 hours back PLUS rent a trailer, etc. That's a lot of money to throw away if it's not what's advertised. I asked the questions and the dude vanished. Irritates the crap out of me. I was VERY serious about picking this up. Oh well.
What gets me is the Photobucket link says it's an STI also. And then (not to point fingers) the OP says he is completely out of the loop. Things just don't seem right to me.
Old 08-23-2012, 07:52 PM

Car Info: 2004 STI
That was my main concerned. If I could repair it it'd be worth the trouble if it's an STI. As a WRX and NOT repairable it comes to the value of scrap metal and what I can sell off it as I'd only use the brakes and steering wheel. LOL. So it's a LOAD of time and effort not to mention the trailer rental and about $120 in gas... so the value drops a lot. I have a family and a lot of work to do. I charge $40-100 for my time so you start considering that and well... a little information would have gone a long way in me saying yes... I'll be there at 10am on Sat. LOL.

I hope whoever pulled the trigger on it is stoked. It's a great deal any way you look at it. There's an easy $2000 on that car as it sits. More if you have time.
You have to look at it as a part out first so you'd at least break even on it. Which I think is doable just in the body parts. But ya, you could easily spend 100 hours repairing the cage if every weld needed to be fixed. And for what you charge hourly you could buy and weld-in a new cage much easier and be sure of the quality.
Old 08-23-2012, 08:15 PM

Car Info: Subaru STI
PM'd
Old 08-23-2012, 08:18 PM

Car Info: 2004 Forester XT
Buzzword is not the owner of the vehicle/shell
Old 08-23-2012, 08:22 PM

Car Info: Subaru STI
Originally Posted by Blazingbuda40
Buzzword is not the owner of the vehicle/shell
Sorry Buzzword, i'll just wait on an email back!
Old 08-24-2012, 08:23 AM

Car Info: Reason
Hey guys, sorry for the fracas this has caused - please don't throw me under the bus when the ACTUAL OWNER doesn't email or call you back. He's not a forum guy, so I really am just trying to help him out.

It DOES appear that it is a WRX, not an STi - I saw it one time when it was built up still and it had a full STi drivetrain and grille badge, so that's probably why I overlooked the rear fender/bumper differences.

I have bought and sold thousands of dollars worth of parts on this and other forums, and anyone who has dealt with me in person or otherwise will tell you I'm a stand-up dude. Its unfortunate that the owner of this car is not being super responsive, but I can't be held responsible for that and it bums me out that you folks are allowing this situation to reflect poorly on me. To reiterate, this is just me helping someone out, and I'm sorry that he is not communicating well. I have NO influence in that arena.

Last edited by buzzword; 08-24-2012 at 10:01 AM. Reason: iphone spelling failz0rz.
Old 08-24-2012, 09:45 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by buzzword
Hey guys, sorry for the fracas this has caused - please don't throw me under the bus when the ACTUAL OWNER doesn't email or call you back. He's not a forum guy, so I really am just trying to help him out.

It DOES appear that it is a WRX, not an STi - I saw it one time when it was built up still and it had a full STi drivetrain and grille badge, so that's probably why I overlooked the rear fender/bumper differences.

I have bought and sold thousands of dollars worth of parts on this and other found, and anyone who has dealt with me in person or otherwise will tell you I'm a stand-up dude. Its unfortunate that the owner of this car is not being super responsive, but I can't be held responsible for that and it bums me out that you folks are allowin this situation to reflect poorly on me. To reiterate, this is just me helping someone out, and I'm sorry that he is not communicating well. I have NO influence in that arena.
I just wanted to let you know that I wasn't putting any of this on you. You just through a really good deal up on the boards to help out your buddy and the forum. Hope it works out for whoever snagged this thing.
Old 08-24-2012, 11:34 AM

I just wanted to let you know that I wasn't putting any of this on you. You just through a really good deal up on the boards to help out your buddy and the forum. Hope it works out for whoever snagged this thing.
Thanks, Ray.
Old 08-24-2012, 11:35 AM

UPDATE: just got a call from the owner, car is now 99.9% sold according to him. So, if that changes, I will update this ad accordingly. Sigh.