Newbie & FAQ New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the I-Club group. FAQs will also be answered in here.

New WRX owner in Sac Valley

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2011, 07:28 PM

Car Info: San Remo Red '05 WRX
I love it! Keep it beautiful and modded tastefully my friend.
Old 07-12-2011, 07:53 PM

Car Info: 2002 BRP 2.5RS
WOW! Beautiful car.
Old 07-13-2011, 07:30 AM

Car Info: 2015 FXT
very nice, and welcome
Old 07-13-2011, 10:22 AM

Car Info: 2011 Subaru WRX 5 Door
Not to be cheesy but I'm going to be cheesy here....Thank you all for the compliments, it's nice to know others appreciate something I've put a lot of effort into. The car will remain as-is for a while, my next planned addition is new wheels probably toward the end of the year. Nothing crazy, probably just some 18x8 or 8.5 (I like the Enkei ekm3's), and maybe a little more under the hood bling (I like the Zero Sports alternator cover and the SPT front strut bar). Maybe DP and stage 2 flash a little down the road, but being my DD I need to retain a high level of reliability. I'm almost positive I'll be at the Sac meet tomorrow night, so I hope to meet some of you guys there! I will post some nice pics with my good camera hopefully over the weekend.

Last edited by AllAnIllusion; 07-13-2011 at 10:35 AM.
Old 07-13-2011, 09:08 PM

Car Info: forester
Originally Posted by AllAnIllusion
Thanks! Say hey if you ever see me around town, always happy to meet another of our kind. Nice handle btw.
Tnx bro! I'll definitely stop by and chat. There's been quite a few subies in town. My neighbor has a green rs and a black legacy gt. There's also a wrb bugeye with gold wheels that i see out here at edgewater.
Old 07-14-2011, 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by gnofx
Tnx bro! I'll definitely stop by and chat. There's been quite a few subies in town. My neighbor has a green rs and a black legacy gt. There's also a wrb bugeye with gold wheels that i see out here at edgewater.
Look forward to meeting you. I've seen a couple Subies around as of late, theres a pizza delievery kid who always waves at me from his '07 (i think) WRX sedan, and there's a silver 08-10 WRX sedan around. Also an 08-10 WRB STI hatch w/ roof rack I always see around. Don't think I've seen the bugeye with the gold rims around yet.
Old 07-14-2011, 09:50 AM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
welcome aboard. Looking good
Old 07-14-2011, 02:08 PM

Car Info: '14 Odyssey & '13 Prius
Love the setup! When I have the wife and kid in the car setting the Konis to a quarter over soft provides a nice ride that everyone can live with. I really can't believe how smooth the ride is when on a softer setting. If you wanna have a little fun tighten them up a bit and you're good to go. The springs provided the perfect amount of drop for my taste, just under an inch and a half. I am very happy I went with this setup, being a DD car I think these are more suitable than coilovers or the Bilstein setup which is non-adjustable. Nothing against coils or the bilstein struts, but for me I think this was the right move.
Key words: wife and kid. Ditto for me, plus 1 kid. Where'd you buy? I checked tirerack.com, no dice.
Old 07-14-2011, 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by Giibo
Key words: wife and kid. Ditto for me, plus 1 kid. Where'd you buy? I checked tirerack.com, no dice.
I got everything from shox.com, they were very helpful and shipping was fast.
Old 07-14-2011, 02:16 PM

Car Info: A Dirty Car
Welcome!

Enjoy your new toy
Old 07-18-2011, 11:04 PM

Car Info: 03Wrx 06Sti 07Sti
Welcome and congrats on the new car
Old 08-03-2011, 10:48 PM

Car Info: $2000 hawkeye
come to the meets
Old 08-05-2011, 03:29 PM

Car Info: AW '04 WRX Wagon w/JDM STi drivetrain swap
Originally Posted by gnofx
Look forward to meeting you. I've seen a couple Subies around as of late, theres a pizza delievery kid who always waves at me from his '07 (i think) WRX sedan, and there's a silver 08-10 WRX sedan around. Also an 08-10 WRB STI hatch w/ roof rack I always see around. Don't think I've seen the bugeye with the gold rims around yet.

I know I've seen a few of you around. I was in my Jeep over in the Edgewater area & saw a couple of subies pull out from the first road into the area off Erle a few weeks ago. I'm back to driving my wagon this week & saw a WRB late model hatch a couple days ago going over the 10th st bridge into Marysville. My co-worker's brother drives a solar yellow bugeye - I usually see him around Neighbors Pizza/Subway in Olivehurst. I'm on the road between 40 mile road/65 and 20/Harter in Yuba City every weekday on my way to & from work.

We should get together sometime for a weekday meet... or my place is always good on weekends for BBQ & beers. That might be the single advantage of having a corner house - more parking on the street.
Old 08-08-2011, 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by 1JavaBlk_in_Sac
come to the meets
I am going to, I had some freak medical issues start up and wasn't able to drive for a while. It's cleared up now, long story short I was diagnosed with epilepsy a few weeks ago. It was painful to just look at my car sitting in front of my house for 3 weeks, lol. But I'm all cleared to drive now, just took a trip to Tahoe this weekend, so you'll be seeing me at a meet soon!
Old 08-08-2011, 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by RALIWGN
I know I've seen a few of you around. I was in my Jeep over in the Edgewater area & saw a couple of subies pull out from the first road into the area off Erle a few weeks ago. I'm back to driving my wagon this week & saw a WRB late model hatch a couple days ago going over the 10th st bridge into Marysville. My co-worker's brother drives a solar yellow bugeye - I usually see him around Neighbors Pizza/Subway in Olivehurst. I'm on the road between 40 mile road/65 and 20/Harter in Yuba City every weekday on my way to & from work.

We should get together sometime for a weekday meet... or my place is always good on weekends for BBQ & beers. That might be the single advantage of having a corner house - more parking on the street.
I see the yellow bug eye around a lot, dude keeps it clean. I'm driving again now after a few weeks off so I'm down to hit a meet or a BBQ, just let me know!

Quick Reply: New WRX owner in Sac Valley