Newbie & FAQ New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the I-Club group. FAQs will also be answered in here.

Need a mechanic

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2010, 07:19 AM

Car Info: 2002 WRX Wagon
Need a mechanic

SO Itook my car into a shop last week and they said that my turbo was a botched job, they would not even let me come in to get an oil leak from the turbo looked at, which is pretty understandable. Does anyone know a shop that would be willing to look at my car? I want to get the ****ty turbo job tken out and a good one put in, I have $$$$ in hand. Any info would be great
Old 11-17-2010, 07:21 AM

Car Info: 2018 Tacoma TRD PRO
Give EQ tuning a call. They do great work.
Old 11-17-2010, 07:46 AM

Yea I spoke with brendan and he said that me might be able to help but if the guys in marin didn't want to touch it, they they will most likely say the same. I'm kinda stuck with a car nobody will touch or even look at, probably gonna just sell it for $4000 and never look at another Sub again.
Old 11-17-2010, 08:11 AM

Car Info: 2000 impreza 2.5RS
any performance shop should able to get it fix for you, it just the matter how much will be cost.
Old 11-17-2010, 08:15 AM

all I am really wanting a mechanic to do is tell me what model Garrett turbo I have and where I can purchase the oil lines and gaskets if there are any that could be replaced so I can start trying to fix this ****. The oil leak is not very large, but any oil not getting into my turbo and lubricating the bearings is very worrisome to me.
Old 11-17-2010, 08:17 AM

money is not really the issue, so hopefully I can find someone willing to help.
Old 11-17-2010, 08:18 AM

I am also looking for a shop to do a check over on the car. . . .
Old 11-17-2010, 08:27 AM

Also, say I was looking to replace my engine with a japanese one, what are good spots to get these? any locally??
Old 11-17-2010, 08:51 AM

Shops can help you find and buy a motor. New or used.
Old 11-17-2010, 09:12 AM

cool, looks more and more like EQ tuning will be the place for me (even thought I live in southern Marin), now if I can just get this turbo mess fixed so they will at least agree to look at the car. . . . . I just want someone to go over the engine and do the tests I.E. compression etc. as if I were going to purchase the car and they were going to do a once over, so I can really know what I am working with, because until I find out what is messed up I cannot confront the guy who sold it to me if I do not know exactly what is wrong with the engine. anyone that can point me in the right direction and happens to be a Cali Med patient, I will kick you down some Skywalker OG and a few grams of the finest bubble you will ever find ( unless you know bubbleman like myself)
Old 11-17-2010, 09:25 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Broken Subarus
Dude if you live in Marin why not go to LIC. From personal experience LIC will prevail.
Old 11-17-2010, 09:52 AM

LIC? They don't even want to touch my car because of the botched turbo job, I was supposed to take it in there today but after one of the owners looked under the hood last week, they called and canceled the appointment, I totally understand that they don't want to open this can of worms. I was going to go into there with 4k cash, hand it to them and ask them if they could help out a hard working guy that got himself into a bad spot. I am willing to replace anything I need to in order to get a trustworthy subaru. But if they are not interested in my money and don't wanna help, I don't want to bother them anymore than I already have.

It sucks because I was really stoked on finding a really reputable subaru shop run by some local guys which was near my house. I am also buying my fiance a newer forester xt in the beginning of next year and we are going to get that tuned a bit, so anybody that I can link up with to help me will have a very loyal customer who will bring in more buisness. . . .
LIC are stoked though, because their reality show is gong to have me pulling up looking like a dumb****, I hope they all get a good laugh out of it and find some humor and enjoyment of watching someone getting screwed. . . Cheers
Old 11-17-2010, 10:27 AM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: A Laptop
Bring the car by and we'll be very happy to at least take a look, do some diagnostics and make an honest recommendation. If the work needed to fix the issues is extensive, we'll be happy to do it as long as you understand and are comfortable with the costs and timelines involved.

BTW, while our shop is in Fairfield, I actually live in Marin myself.

Thanks
-- Ed

Last edited by EQ Tuning; 11-17-2010 at 10:42 AM.
Old 11-17-2010, 10:38 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Broken Subarus
Originally Posted by Ecential
LIC? They don't even want to touch my car because of the botched turbo job, I was supposed to take it in there today but after one of the owners looked under the hood last week, they called and canceled the appointment, I totally understand that they don't want to open this can of worms. I was going to go into there with 4k cash, hand it to them and ask them if they could help out a hard working guy that got himself into a bad spot. I am willing to replace anything I need to in order to get a trustworthy subaru. But if they are not interested in my money and don't wanna help, I don't want to bother them anymore than I already have.

It sucks because I was really stoked on finding a really reputable subaru shop run by some local guys which was near my house. I am also buying my fiance a newer forester xt in the beginning of next year and we are going to get that tuned a bit, so anybody that I can link up with to help me will have a very loyal customer who will bring in more buisness. . . .
LIC are stoked though, because their reality show is gong to have me pulling up looking like a dumb****, I hope they all get a good laugh out of it and find some humor and enjoyment of watching someone getting screwed. . . Cheers
F'n Noah
Old 11-17-2010, 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by Ecential

!!! Wait, what?

Quick Reply: Need a mechanic