Newbie & FAQ New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the I-Club group. FAQs will also be answered in here.

2003 wrx wagon needs help

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2013, 10:57 PM

Car Info: 2002 wrx wagon
2003 wrx wagon needs help

Aloha
I'm new to the subaru world so please bare with me. I own a 2003 wrx wagon with a few issues. I bought it about six months ago and absolutely fell in love with driving it. She came completely stock except for a junk JDM Td05h 16g turbo. When I had purchased the car it ran good and didn't seem to have any issues but was throwing misfire codes in all 4 cylinders and 02 sensor codes Since i purchased the car i have Installed a turbo back exhaust, K&N intake, STi Injectors, STi tmic, walbro fuel pump, new coil packs, new fuel Filter, new spark plugs, new air filter, new o2 sensor, COBB ap. I have done a compression check too and everything looks good. I'm almost positive the vacuum lines that control the boost levels aren't installed properly. I'm looking for someone that could possibly take a peek at my car and or teach me a few things about it Like I said the car runs good but I know it could run better. I'm new to this, but I love wrenching and I love fixing/modding my own stuff. Please help. thank you!
Old 11-15-2013, 08:09 AM

I thought that I would have at least 1 reply to my post when I woke up this morning. Almost 50 views but no replies. Did I post in the right section?
Old 11-15-2013, 02:16 PM

Car Info: 1999 2.5rs
People don't reply very often on this forum idk why. There's only a few lines that control boost levels and you can trace them from your boost controller that's attached to the bay near your passenger side strut. Check all the line attached to the BC as well as the line attached to your wastegate actuator, and once all is checked it wouldn't hurt to run a boost leak test.
Old 11-15-2013, 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by rsmanny
People don't reply very often on this forum idk why. There's only a few lines that control boost levels and you can trace them from your boost controller that's attached to the bay near your passenger side strut. Check all the line attached to the BC as well as the line attached to your wastegate actuator, and once all is checked it wouldn't hurt to run a boost leak test.
Thank you for the reply. I have one vacuum line that goes straight from my turbo housing to the BC and another line that goes straight from the wastage actuator to the BC. There is no T fitting, no restrictor pill, and no vacuum line that goes from the BC to the turbo inlet pipe. Is it harmful to my car the way it's set up? Is there a reason why someone would rought these lines this way? I do have the correct lines on order but I'm wondering do I actually need them. I also noticed when I flashed stage 3 I lost a lot of power. Is this because my lines are incorrect with no restrictor pill? Any comments would be very much appreciated.
Old 11-15-2013, 09:04 PM

Car Info: 0[[XXXXoXXXX]]0
Find the Subaru manual. Also look at cobb tuning's site, they have a nice tutorial on how the boost control works and where the pill etc goes.

I'd take the mods off and get it working 100% then mod and sounds like a pro tune is in order due to the turbo upgrade.
Old 11-17-2013, 11:20 AM
banned

Car Info: hybrid 03 wrx
i would suggest searching the codes on the internet. codes will point you in the direction you need to go. maybe time for a maf cleaning. good luck
Old 01-23-2014, 09:14 PM

Car Info: 00' 2.5 RS
man people dont check this s+++..
i dont know wat you came to conclusions with but i have also gone to the bigger fuel pump, and am having a similar issue, ive come to terms with the next thing ill do is at 550cc injectors or slightly bigger, maybe a fuel pressure regulator also.