Group drive, weekend getaway 2/12+13/2005

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2005, 06:41 PM

Thumbs up Group drive, weekend getaway 2/12+13/2005

Do you love to drive? Want to have a great weekend with other car enthusiasts? Well now is your chance. I am planning a group drive through the back roads of southern NH and Vermont. This trip will be an easily accomplished, weekend trip, with a nights stay near Lake Champlain. The hotel is to be determined, there are many in the Burlington, VT area. The total trip will be about 530 miles. It would be a good time to bring the other half for a getaway.

The trip will start at Parkers Maple Barn in Mason, NH @ 8am, Feb 12. After breakfast, we will drive to Lake Champlain VT area via, as many twisty back roads as GPS found. We will have time to include stops and still get in early enough to have a night on the town.

On Sunday morning we will have breakfast and head out of town. We will travel through the islands of Lake Champlain to some more back roads. When we get to NH we will meet up with route 3 in North Stratford, We’ll follow this to route 93. Most of the trip home will be via Interstate 93 with the option of taking other routes if there is enough time and willing people.

For this event it is recommended to have a CB radio or a 2-way type of communication device, this makes it so much easier to be sure the group is together. There will be a lot of places along the route that do not have cell phone coverage.

1 week before the drive I will make the hotel reservations, we can save money by putting 4 people per room. If you would rather not be with “other people” it is ok too. I will give my PayPal information when the time is near.

This is an overview of the area we will be covering.

TED

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/we...MXk1NDE%3D.jpg
Old 01-20-2005, 10:56 AM

main thread located here http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=701629
Old 01-20-2005, 06:55 PM

i will be starting a list of who is definatly going. for those of you who are commited to going please email me with your name, car, sn,number of people you will be paying for (hotel). if you could also include if you want your own room or shared.

dropwire@charter.net
Old 01-24-2005, 12:24 PM

if it has 4 wheels and you are willing to drive......then you are more than welcom to come...

ted