New Aftermarket Car Parts For Sale Only brand new aftermarket car parts can be listed here by private parties only!

Testing the Waters: STi Helical Front LSD for a 5 MT WRX

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2006, 02:39 PM

Car Info: 2004 Subaru WRX
Testing the Waters: STi Helical Front LSD for a 5 MT WRX

Just wanted to see what you guys would offer for this front lsd. Never used and has the stub shaft kit.

thx
-wanger
Old 01-13-2006, 04:58 PM

Car Info: 2006 Forester XT Limited
Lsd

Do I NEED one? No. Do I LUST for one? Yes. Can I afford to buy one before the gearset? Yes. Do I feel comforable making an offer on something that is worth more to you than I? No. You need to decide if you really need/want to get rid of it, or we end up playing the Ebay game and never know the reserve. Are you ready to accept fifty cents on the dollar? Sixty cents? Someone who needs one right now might offer seventy five cents on the dollar. Anything more than that and it's getting very close to retail. If nothing happens give me a call and we can negotiate. Henk 510-548-0240
Old 01-17-2006, 03:20 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: A Laptop
I feel the same as RangeDawg. I'd deffinately love to have one, but it hasn't been a priority. If you're offering a great price, I could be persuaded.
Old 02-04-2006, 10:20 PM

Car Info: '04 wrx wagon
diffi Q

New to the forums here... I'm on the forum reading about differentials because my 04wagon is making a horrible noise that i'm pretty sure is from the front diff, and thinking about doing the swap. so far I've found oem, kaaz, cusco, quaife, something by obx, and the super cheap phantom grip as options. prices seem to be from $200-$1500. none seem to indicate whether the rear needs to be swapped at the same time for gearing purposes.

so the questions are
1) will it mate with my rear diff?
2) where is this one in the price range?
Old 02-10-2006, 04:23 PM

Car Info: 05 wrx
You don't need to upgrade both front and rear at the same time. You can just do the front; or just do the rear; or just do the center if you like. From what I've read, the front makes the biggest difference. By the way, how much DO you want for this? I have my car in the shop getting RA gears, clutch, and flywheel so as far as the drivetrain goes this would be my next mod. I may be interested so let all of us know.