Moving (from Columbus OH to Cleveland) Looking For Some Love

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2005, 11:23 PM

Car Info: 2005 Subaru WRX STi
Moving Looking For Some Love

Leaving my life here in Columbus, Ohio for a life a little further up north. Cleveland will be my new place of rest. I am moving to Broadview Heights to be exact. I got a great job offer up there with First Energy. My only problem is I don't know the city and never really left Columbus. Anyone willing to let me know what there is to do up there and all that good stuff. Also, is Broadview Heights worth living in for a single guy looking for nothing fancy just a place to rest my head. I need to live a hour from Brecksville and that seemed the most suitable.
Old 12-01-2005, 12:57 PM

Car Info: 05 WRX
Welcome to the 216/330/440.

If you're looking to go out on the town I'd recommend the Warehouse District in downtown Cleveland or bars in Tremont. What are your interests?

As for living arrangements, housing is relatively cheap in the Cleveland area. I live in Lakewood just about 10 mins from downtown. I'm not too familiar with Broadview Hts other than its too close to Parma. It's about 20-25 mins from downtown. If you like living in the suburbs then you'll like Broadview Hts. But rent downtown isn't too expensive. I lived downtown for 3 years. Only problem was that there aren't any grocery stores nearby.

I've got a couple friends that have Subaru's but I've yet to hear of any meets in the area.

What kind of STi do you have?

Good luck with the move
Old 12-01-2005, 10:52 PM

Car Info: 2005 Subaru WRX STi
Grew up in the Suburbs, so I kinda like it there. Besides my job being in Brecksville and the stipulation of being within a hour away from my job due to it being a 24/7 on call, I don't know what traffic flow is like downtown. I drive a 2005 WRX STi No Mods Yet. I am up for anything when it comes to spare time. But really into music. I play drums and love local shows and that kind of scene.
Old 12-02-2005, 10:41 AM

Car Info: 05 WRX
Pretty much the whole Cleveland area is within an hr away from Brecksville so if you haven't already decided on where to live then I'd do a little looking around. There are some nice communities surrounding Cleveland, like Shaker Hts, Westlake, Willoughby, etc. Traffic is only bad if you're heading in the same direction as rush hr traffic either into dtown in the morning or out in the evening. If you head in the opposite then you're fine. I'd recommend living somwhere close to one of the major highways (not too close) where you can just hop on instead of driving through surface street everywhere.

That's what I like about Lakewood. I-90 is about a mile away so I can head west easily. If I want to go east I hop on the Shoreway (RT-2, light traffic at all times) and can head dtown or out to the eastside. If I want to head south then I can get onto I-71 or I-77 depending on where I want to go.

No mods on my 05 WRX either. The wife isn't too keen on spending money on it.

If you like music, there are plenty of places to see bands in the area. RRHF, Odeon, HoB, etc
Old 01-03-2006, 06:07 PM

Car Info: 2006 2.5i Sport Wagon
damn dude...you just had to leave the Bus didn't ya!! It's cool, I'm a big fan of Cleveland. Back in the day i used to drive up there all the time on the weekends pretty much just to go out to eat and cruise around with some friends. Havent done it yet since I made the big switch...Honda-Subaru.

Hope all's goin well!