AMS 2008 SWAP MEET & BBQ Sun. Oct. 5th!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2008, 04:48 PM
AMS
Former Sponsor

Car Info: EVO's, WRX/STi's, 240sx's, SRT4's, DSM'S.....
Thumbs up AMS 2008 SWAP MEET & BBQ Sun. Oct. 5th!!!

AMS SWAP MEET AND BBQ SUNDAY OCTOBER 5th!

The day after M.O.D.

WHAT: AMS PERFORMANCE 4th Annual Swap Meet and BBQ
WHERE: AMS PERFORMANCE 1760 Metoyer Ct West Chicago, IL 60185
TIME: 10:30 am until 5 pm
COST: not a damn thing
FREE FOOD AND NOS ENERGY DRINKS: Free food at 1pm and Free NOS Energy Drinks all day long!!!

A couple of years back we started a little event here at the shop called the swap meet. Quite simply this is a day to bring all of your old or new parts and be a part of one big bargain filled day. We will block off several areas of our lot for "vendor" spaces. These are free and are on a first come first serve basis. The day works like a big swap meet/flea market. You can buy, sell and trade all day long to your hearts content. The big bonus is the shop here opens up with all of our own goodies. You will get a chance to pick up things like Overstock items at or below cost, prototype parts from our engineering/fabrication department, all kinds of used stock and aftermarket parts....in short we have a LOT OF STUFF!

This isn't limited to car parts either. You name it and you can bring it. Car Audio, video games, old movies...whatever. The only thing we ask is that you don't bring or sell anything illegal while here. I don't I really need to get into examples of whats illegal.

Vendors:

At 9am we will open our lot up to vendors to set up with all their parts. These spots are limited and FIRST COME FIRST SERVE. We highly recommend you get here RIGHT AT 9am to get a good spot. We will wrap the building with them but they GO FAST!

Shoppers:

We will allow customers/spectators to start filing it at 10:30 am. In the 4 years we have done this I can tell you that the good stuff GOES QUICK and the expensive good stuff gets sold in desperation at crackhead prices right before close.

What does this mean you ask? It means you really should be here all day and to not give up on an item if its priced too high...nobody wants to take anything home and you will be surprised what stuff will go for towards the end of the day.

This is going to be one HELL of a weekend. We have our Pre M.O.D. NOS Energy drink sponsored BBQ On Friday night. We have the M.O.D (Mitsubishi Owners day) Show on Saturday. Now on Sunday we have The AMS Performance/ NOS Energy Drink Swap meet on Sunday. Talk about going out of the season with a BANG!

Darius
Old 09-29-2008, 10:13 PM

Car Info: 2005 WRX STi, 1993 240sx (going under knife soon)
Wow. Sounds like a good weekend. Wish I weren't 1000+ miles away. Dammit.
Old 10-01-2008, 06:32 AM
AMS
Former Sponsor

Car Info: EVO's, WRX/STi's, 240sx's, SRT4's, DSM'S.....
Originally Posted by ApexAssassin
Wow. Sounds like a good weekend. Wish I weren't 1000+ miles away. Dammit.

Maybe we should open AMS #2 in Cali... I wouldn't mind the sun

Darius
Old 10-01-2008, 11:55 AM

Car Info: 2005 WRX STi, 1993 240sx (going under knife soon)
Originally Posted by AMS
Maybe we should open AMS #2 in Cali... I wouldn't mind the sun

Darius
And I wouldn't mind that...

And neither would anyone else, I don't think. Imagine if people here in Cali felt scared of and intimidated by cars with AMS stickers the same way they do in Chicago? Plus it would be pretty cool to see the AMS time attack car at more west coast events too.