SRIC Mountain Bike Crew!

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2005, 10:43 AM

Car Info: '02 WRagon
we got to ride Sly Park before the weather changes...this is great riding weather...

Salmon Falls would be a nice ride as well...since it's not to hot...see if we can make it to the end...isn't that about 15 miles in? i love the first section of that trail...eat it and you're going for a swim!
Old 11-21-2005, 10:51 AM

Car Info: 05 H2 SUT, 45 GPW, 10 Murano, 13 Boss 302
Are we going to try and ride this Saturday or does the Holiday schedule screw it up?
Old 11-21-2005, 11:28 AM

as long as i am not rebuilding our bridge i will be down...
my pops is coming down to give me a hand and i know it's gonna be an all day event...
we're supposed to start friday, but if we don't get finished it will bleed over to saturday...
and that's if he can get the railroad ties for the support beams picked up by wednesday...
i'll prolly be wiped out, but i'll still be down to go...

even sat afternoon might work...sly park or salmon falls...either i am down for.
take it to PM maestro.
Old 11-21-2005, 11:48 AM

Car Info: 2004 PSM WRX
Originally Posted by Egan
It must be pretty well hidden since you've never noticed it.
Good point.
Old 11-21-2005, 02:05 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: A limousine with a chauffer
I'm oncall this Saturday so no ridering for me
Old 11-21-2005, 03:47 PM
VIP Member

I went and ran Western States again today. I went up the PGE road as far as I could. About 1/3 or so of the way up it gets STEEP

Old 11-21-2005, 06:12 PM
VIP Member

Location: EBAIC- Wondering if I should have taken the blue pill...
Car Info: 03 WRX wagon type RA
Originally Posted by Egan
I'm the exact same way (ripped my arm open at Downieville on a downhill ) so don't worry. My favorite ride at Lake Lagunitas is a great climb.

I ride a Klein Mantra which I picked up back in 1998. At the time, it was the best climbing FS I could find.

PS: Our rides are always open invitation. You should really think about a trip up to Sac. We ride on some of the best trails in Northern Kalifornia.
Awesome! I'd consider takin a trip up there. Or, when do you plan on hittin Tamalpais? The first of the year sometime?

So I'm not too far behind in the SRIC bike scene, then. Mine was manufactured back in 1998 or so, also. I have no need to buy a new one anytime soon...this does everything that I want it to. I run with a Pro Flex 957. Dual suspension, carbon fiber front and rear forks, and the like.
Old 11-22-2005, 10:38 AM

man...that looks awesome!
this pic here:

there was a two page spread of someone bombing that trail from the top in Bike Magazine a few months back...
always wondered where it was...
we were even talking about it when we went last time...
i wanna go see it now...so is the PG&E trail fun on the way back down?
the switchbacks looked pretty hairy...

i'm trying to talk the wife into getting me the Sigma Dual 5/20W headlights for Christmas, so i can get up early and start riding before work...a nice 5am-6:30am ride every morning ought to cure my "chubby hubby" syndrome.
Old 11-22-2005, 10:53 AM
VIP Member

Up to the point where I took those pics the trail is easy going up and it's pretty fun coming down. From that point up though, I'd be surprised to see even Mike power up it. That hill is STEEP.

If you can find the copy of Bike magazine with that trail on it, I would absolutely love to see it.

Also, off the sides of the PGE switchbacks is a pretty sweet looking single track/downhill kill yourself through the woods lookin thing. Pretty sweet.

I think I've given up on getting a new bike. I had mine in the shop the other day and they told me my bike was in perfect condition. So good in fact that they didn't even charge me for a tune-up, just for a derailleur adjustment. The real thing I think I need right now is some new pedals and shoes so I can clip in. I'm tired of slipping off my pedals and I think clips will help me climb a bit better.
Old 11-22-2005, 11:04 AM

i'll try to find it and throw it in the wagon before the next ride...it's in the stack next to the head in the bathroom...it's the only magazine i really keep around...and my $1/year subscriptions just ran out...
bagh!
been getting that rag for over 3 years now (total investment $2...first year was free), but i think it's time to actually pony up and subscrbe at full price...*cringes*

Supergo.com has some killer deals on F/S bikes right now...

Iron Horse Warrior DS Trail is only $499...prolly a bit heavy for a XC bike but good for freeriding...
then there is also the IronHorse Azure Comp...F/S XC bike

...which is the one i have my eye on...but it's still $1899...

they also have a Maverick Disc F/S for $649

...which i was also looking at....nicer front fork and an air rear shock, better than the Warrior Trail.

Last edited by pozzi; 11-22-2005 at 11:07 AM.
Old 11-22-2005, 11:09 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by N600
then there is also the IronHorse Azure Comp...F/S XC bike...which is the one i have my eye on...but it's still $1899...
yowza. I wanted to buy the Cannondale Prophet 600 - full suspension, adjustable rear geometry for xc/downhill, xt rear derailleur, disc brakes, lefty front fork, BRIGHT red, so sexy. REI has it at $1000 right now And the Prophet 800 - all black, XTR components is only $1399.
Old 11-22-2005, 11:19 AM
Warm Fuzzy Admin

Car Info: 97 LOB, 05 FXT, 03 Tundra
BTW, Matt , I have some clipless pedals for ya. Remind me tonight. All you'll need to do is buy shoes ajnd SPD cleats.
Old 11-22-2005, 11:21 AM

i like the cannondales, frame is cool but i just don't know if i dig the "lefty" front peg-leg...
seems problemmatic to me...too much load and what do you really gain in the end?
maybe a pound or two...
but if you're that worried about weight, i'm sure we all have a pound or two we could shed in honor of lightness.
Old 11-22-2005, 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by Aaron@S-Squared
BTW, Matt , I have some clipless pedals for ya. Remind me tonight. All you'll need to do is buy shoes ajnd SPD cleats.
score!

and in return aaron just asks for free rent for one month...
Old 11-22-2005, 11:33 AM

Car Info: 05 H2 SUT, 45 GPW, 10 Murano, 13 Boss 302
Originally Posted by sonicsuby
yowza. I wanted to buy the Cannondale Prophet 600 - full suspension, adjustable rear geometry for xc/downhill, xt rear derailleur, disc brakes, lefty front fork, BRIGHT red, so sexy. REI has it at $1000 right now And the Prophet 800 - all black, XTR components is only $1399.
The XTR components aren't worth the price differential IMHO. The only XTR part my Klein came with was the rear derailleur, and that's really the most important part out of the set.

Quick Reply: SRIC Mountain Bike Crew!