Sacramento Weekly Meet Discussion (dead meet, but how the SRIC started)

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2003, 10:37 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: A limousine with a chauffer
Originally posted by sybir
Hey, Matt, if you see anybody selling springs and struts together (like stock WRX struts with springs you want) lemme know, becuase I need WRX struts for the hoopty project, and we might be able to go even cheaper splitting up a set.....
Roger wilco.
Old 11-25-2003, 10:40 PM
Warm Fuzzy Admin

Car Info: 97 LOB, 05 FXT, 03 Tundra
eeeeeexcellent.....................</mr. burns>
Old 11-25-2003, 10:45 PM
VIP Member

I think this is one of the few threads I haven't been grumpy in this week. I don't know what my problem is. I think I had too much relax time in Florida, or maybe I'm too stressed out with my gf not feeling well and stuff, but I've been really pissy both on and off the net.

I'm moving from e-thug to rl-thug
Old 11-25-2003, 10:46 PM
Warm Fuzzy Admin

No worries, we all have our off days.
We still love you, man.

Hope Josie feels better, only thing worse than being sick is your other half feeling worse
Old 11-25-2003, 10:49 PM
VIP Member

alright, well, I'm going to bed. I have to work tomorrow hopefully i can turn it in to a half day though
Old 11-25-2003, 10:50 PM
Warm Fuzzy Admin

Besides, as long as you don't show up in a 5.slow, no matter what, you're still cool in my book.........

(looks around for dan)

*ducks*
Old 11-25-2003, 10:53 PM
Warm Fuzzy Admin

sweet, good luck with that

on that note......

Old 11-26-2003, 01:17 AM

Car Info: 1993/2000/2001 GF4 mostly red
Originally posted by Wingless Wonder
That would be wrXrated. It went like this.
Hey now, I was there too. It was awesome, especially after I finally got the course memorized. I amstill trying to talk myself out of those SSRs man... but I took so long to finally get a hold of these Gram Lights I don't want to give them up already.
Old 11-26-2003, 04:25 AM

Car Info: 02 Impreza WRX sedan
Origami posted by BAN SUVS
Hey now, I was there too. It was awesome, especially after I finally got the course memorized.
Our newest member girlracer had to leave early that first day we ate at Pizza Pucks so she didn't get to meet you, but Mike stopped by for a little while. Hopefully, you'll be able to make it out this weekend. I know that both of you went to Thunderhill and I'm glad you got in - I thought the event was full up.

Origami posted by BAN SUVS

I amstill trying to talk myself out of those SSRs man... but I took so long to finally get a hold of these Gram Lights I don't want to give them up already.
I think that's the way it goes with mods and deals. A few months ago I bought two slightly used tires that were a good deal until I realized that they are only mediocre as far as grip. Now I'm gonna end up buying two more new ones to match and I still won't be happy with 'em. Money is too tight to switch now. But they're still gonna be better than my RE-92s! It's almost Thanksgiving - I should count my blessings.

I see that Lance has posted pics from Thunderhill, with a link to more pics and a video. Your car looks good with the Gram Lights on.

--
0==WW==0
"…axles of evil…" - george w. bush
Old 11-26-2003, 06:41 AM

Car Info: 05 H2 SUT, 45 GPW, 10 Murano, 13 Boss 302
Originally posted by girlracer
I was wondering as I sat here reading why it was I wanted to go out and meet you all...... you are all truly sick! I am just kidding... just a reminder that you do have a chick reading all this stuff and I don't mind it. I could not make it out there last Saturday because I was a sick girl! I will try to make it out this Saturday If you all meet. One of you was going to a track day on the 24th...just wondering how that went.

nicole
Two awesome morning sessions where I pulled away from everyone (except the Viper)...

Then I spun on the exit of Turn 6 in the afternoon and went all the way across the track backwards (at least that's what they tell me since my eyes were closed due to the massive amount of dirt I kicked up and into my car (2 hours with a vacuum and ArmourAll and window cleaner!). I got rocks in between the rim and tire bead on both right side tires and they were pretty much flat by the time I got back to the paddock. I put the street tires back on for the last session, but my alignment is a little screwy and the back end kept wanting to come out. Plus my confidence was a little shot - go figure.
Old 11-26-2003, 07:18 AM
dz

Car Info: 1996 Mustang GT/2013 Outback Limited
You all had to start taking shots at me when I was on a road trip to LA huh?

The cars don't have to look stock any more to keep me from being killed by my wife, we just can not let SWMBO know about all the other "goodies" I have bought or will buy in the future...
Old 11-26-2003, 08:36 AM
Warm Fuzzy Admin

Ah, good to hear it
Old 11-26-2003, 10:46 AM

Car Info: 2003 WRX
I went to Thunderhill on the 23rd...should've gone with you guys on the 24th. I was the only one with a WRX out there...heck I was the only 4 door out there. It was cold...but the car loved it. And let me say...the RE92's...not really the best tires for a track. People in the paddock heard my tires squealing all day. Only way the tires wouldn't squeal is if I took a turn at 10 mph. But pretty awesome for the first time.
Old 11-26-2003, 10:47 AM
VIP Member

Originally posted by Wrx17
I went to Thunderhill on the 23rd...should've gone with you guys on the 24th. I was the only one with a WRX out there...heck I was the only 4 door out there. It was cold...but the car loved it. And let me say...the RE92's...not really the best tires for a track. People in the paddock heard my tires squealing all day. Only way the tires wouldn't squeal is if I took a turn at 10 mph. But pretty awesome for the first time.
RE92s aren't even good for the street. I hate these tires
Old 11-26-2003, 12:32 PM
Warm Fuzzy Admin

ah, but good for doriiiiffffffffffftooooooooooooooo

lol
My tires are in a constant squealing state unless it's raining out. Then I'm sliding

Quick Reply: Sacramento Weekly Meet Discussion (dead meet, but how the SRIC started)