Sacramento Weekly Meet Discussion (dead meet, but how the SRIC started)

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2004, 01:04 AM

Car Info: 05 H2 SUT, 45 GPW, 10 Murano, 13 Boss 302
Originally Posted by girlracer
this is suppose to be a FUN drive. If someone likes to drive fast and dangerous they should go on a single trip........meaning them alone. Like Mike said this is about fun and being with friends and a BBQ! :banana: I still like the idea of the Napa area( there is wine there)!
There's plenty of wine at my place. If we end up driving around Sac, we can BBQ at my place afterwards.

For those concerned with drinking and driving, the V. Sattui winery has a huge picnic area and we can spend a lot of time there eating and hanging out before taking the drive back home. My only real concern about the Napa drive is the traffic on Memorial Day Weekend. The Berryessa roads will be clogged up with trucks towing boats and the Napa area will be clogged with tourists.

Something to think about...
Old 05-21-2004, 01:32 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: A limousine with a chauffer
If we do Napa, there's a guy at a winery right down from Chandon called "Napa Cellars" that has a black STi:

He was a really nice guy. Loved my BAIC t-shirt and as a result appeared to have a very heavy hand
Old 05-21-2004, 03:02 AM
NASIOC Slut

Car Info: 1995 Subaru Impreza 1.8 L
Not that this is at all related, but aparently someone who works at the Roseville Chili's owns a black STi like that as well. Ive seen the car parked like in the last parking spot as close as he can get to the curb I wonder whose it is?
Old 05-21-2004, 06:49 AM

Car Info: 2003 silver WRX
Originally Posted by sonicsuby
alcohol is the best compliment to a large drive
to buy and bring home dork.......not everybody is a alcholic!
Old 05-21-2004, 06:53 AM

Car Info: 2003 silver WRX
Wink

Originally Posted by Egan
There's plenty of wine at my place. If we end up driving around Sac, we can BBQ at my place afterwards.

For those concerned with drinking and driving, the V. Sattui winery has a huge picnic area and we can spend a lot of time there eating and hanging out before taking the drive back home. My only real concern about the Napa drive is the traffic on Memorial Day Weekend. The Berryessa roads will be clogged up with trucks towing boats and the Napa area will be clogged with tourists.

Something to think about...
I did not think about the trafic issue around Berryessa..... so we should go around the foothills here and then we can do another Fun trip to Napa!
Old 05-21-2004, 07:37 AM
VIP Member

You're right, you are few and far between.
Old 05-21-2004, 11:43 AM
Warm Fuzzy Admin

Car Info: 97 LOB, 05 FXT, 03 Tundra
Or a gud speeler
Old 05-21-2004, 12:02 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: $200,000 sports car
Originally Posted by sybir
Or a gud speeler
pwn3d by teh 0utback guy.
Old 05-21-2004, 02:10 PM
Mrs. Scott

.......not everybody is a alcholic!
WHATT!!!!????!!!!???? But But but............... Dont make me be one by myself
Old 05-21-2004, 02:13 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: $200,000 sports car
Originally Posted by StarsNlights
WHATT!!!!????!!!!???? But But but............... Dont make me be one by myself
^^^ says the girl with a fully stocked fridge in Sacramento.
Old 05-21-2004, 02:56 PM

Car Info: 1993/2000/2001 GF4 mostly red
Originally Posted by RussB
i don't want to sound like a dick, but if you're that concerned about going fast, the safety of other club members, and the safety of other motorists, you should probably be organizing a track day instead of a drive.
SECCS is taking care of that for me, and it's coming up soon. Getcher $200 paypal'd to sperry asap so you can join in on the fun. Anyways, what I'm most concerned about is people trying to drive faster than they are safely capable of. What I personally am looking forward to is a jaunt around the backroads with the likes of Lance, Mike, Alan, etc.- people who I know for a fact will want to go faster than the law allows, but not faster than their skill does. That being the case, driving it alone is not safer than going in a group of equally (or greater) skilled friends. Now, if the purpose of the drive is to be somwhere, not just the getting there, than come one come all. Mt. Hammy meets are a prime example of that.
Old 05-21-2004, 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by bemani
Ice House Rd is bad, but starting from hwy50 is even worse as you're on the outside, yeah, I would caution against taking n00bs there.
And another - no drives on one laned roads ...
But ultimately, everyone is responsible for their own safety. You just don't want to take the nuts that end up take everyone else out along with them :P
Indeed, right you are, Ken.
Old 05-21-2004, 03:03 PM

this is suppose to be a FUN drive. If someone likes to drive fast and dangerous they should go on a single trip........meaning them alone. Like Mike said this is about fun and being with friends and a BBQ! :banana: I still like the idea of the Napa area( there is wine there)!
My idea of fast and my idea of dangerous are two different things. To me "fast" means "faster than the signs say I'm supposed to go", especially the yellow ones. :devil: "Dangerous" is getting concerned with going as fast as possible through a given section. I always go significantly slower on public roads than what I think I could under racetrack-like conditions (meaning no traffic surprises or anything that would be unexpected, like wildlife). Of course, for those without significant experience in their cars (the kind you get on autocross courses and racetracks) they would most likely be the same for that person.

And for the record, I am very much in favor of the Berryessa drive, with some further details about the route to be determined (I have heard that the Knox road is really crappily paved, etc.).
Old 05-21-2004, 06:45 PM
NASIOC Slut

Car Info: 1995 Subaru Impreza 1.8 L
Egan: Is there another black wagon around town other than the one you sold with aftermarket headlights? I could have sworn I saw your car today on Cirby...
Old 05-21-2004, 07:00 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Kostamojen
Egan: Is there another black wagon around town other than the one you sold with aftermarket headlights? I could have sworn I saw your car today on Cirby...
he returned the car to stock and sold his prodrive lights to a SECCS guy.

Quick Reply: Sacramento Weekly Meet Discussion (dead meet, but how the SRIC started)