The Hole Crew chat thread.

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2009, 04:50 PM

Car Info: 2005 WRB STi
I though it was wheres john at? lol. nice pic though.
Old 03-31-2009, 04:57 PM

Car Info: 2015 WRX
Originally Posted by pks04
what a weekend at buttonwillow. shaun even come up to hang out for the weekend.
What r u trying to say
Old 03-31-2009, 05:13 PM

Car Info: prius drivers crazy. ****ing ***wipes...
^i dont know shaun..what IS he trying to say?
Old 03-31-2009, 07:38 PM

Car Info: GSTmotorsports built 2004 STI
Originally Posted by shauncovo
What r u trying to say
That GST had a challenging weekend and you got to see it first hand. It was cool seeing you again. hopefully you can make it to Willow Springs at the end of May.

Who's down for Phoenix next weekend? We are leaving Thursday early morning and will be back late Sunday.
Old 03-31-2009, 07:42 PM

no go for me. hey what do you guys know about header for our cars. what are some good brands?
Old 03-31-2009, 09:08 PM

Car Info: '02 WRX
props on those pictures, the ones with the reflections in the water are really sick

Also when is the next meet at berryessa scheduled for i'd love to come join you guys
Old 03-31-2009, 09:55 PM

welcome to the club.
Old 03-31-2009, 10:01 PM

Car Info: '02 WRX
thanks, i just got my wrx about 2 months ago or so and stumbled upon the pictures you and MaxD took which eventually lead me here, i have been to berryessa few times taking my boat out and it seems like a really cool area, very aesthetically pleasing especially in the winter time when everything is so green
Old 03-31-2009, 10:41 PM

Car Info: 05 sti
Originally Posted by 455h013
I though it was wheres john at? lol. nice pic though.
Just watch, this year, i'm not going to get lost. Not even once.
Old 03-31-2009, 10:49 PM

no go for me. hey what do you guys know about header for our cars. what are some good brands?
Depends what you want out of headers. Equal length nets you the most power, but you lose that boxer rumble. Unequal length steel headers gets you decent gains, with cheaper prices, but they're prone to cracking with all the rapid heating/cooling it's going to see. I recommend just port and polishing your stock cast iron headers. It's heavy, but it'll never crack on you, not to mention perfect fit. You probably won't see as much gain as the others, but you get more response, which is nice for our drives.
Old 03-31-2009, 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by Redils16
thanks, i just got my wrx about 2 months ago or so and stumbled upon the pictures you and MaxD took which eventually lead me here, i have been to berryessa few times taking my boat out and it seems like a really cool area, very aesthetically pleasing especially in the winter time when everything is so green
Nice, welcome. Hope you're enjoying your car. Berryessa is a great place when the weather is nice. I'm always jealous of people out there on their boats though.
Old 03-31-2009, 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by shauncovo
What r u trying to say
It means you need to come up for a drive, Shaun!!!
Old 04-01-2009, 01:53 AM

personally, after all the research i've done on headers, i'd get the MadDad unequal length version 2 headers. They're from the same factory that makes the TOMEI headers, and the same design with some improvements.

new ~500, used 300~400. i recommend getting new, or BNIB, since they are an item prone to cracking after multiple heat cycles. They do come with some kind of warranty though. Another thing i like about this header is the thick 3-bolt flange (that isnt found on any other good header out there). Its a ***** to install, but there's less chance of leak compared to the conventional 3-bolt. The downside is that EWG up-pipes will NOT fit unless you get one custom made to the MadDad uppipe. Comes with a tomei-developed velocity stack that helps out spool. www.daddysscp.com for pricing.

if you're going for equal length, go with what Paul got (perrin). They havent cracked on Paul yet. You'll definitely net more power with these, and you'll have a wider range of up-pipe choice. Equal length really shines as you make more power, and offers better top end. Perrin.com for pricing (you can email adam or somebody and get a discount, most likely)

I'm not with john on this one in PnP'ing the stockers (screw his opinion, just this once). Honestly there's so much more power to be gained from going to aftermarket tube headers, and PnP aint cheap at all (refer to http://www.grimspeed.com for prices). Since we dont track the cars, i dont see cracking as a big problem.

One thing you MUST do to your headers is wrap them. Wrapping (i think) is better than ceramic coating when compared side by side. Doing both is best in terms of heat retention, but then they might be more prone to cracking. I havent looked up any of that yet, since i'm still on the stockers. I dont know what wrapping does the the warranty of any of the headers. Perrin is very picky about their cracked headers, and any work done on the headers seems to void the warranty, if there is any. But again, Paul's car is running fine.

But dude..seriously, i know jack **** when it comes to what kind of EGT's you car would have to have to get to cracking.

When I get headers, I'm getting MadDad. Hope it helps dude.

Whatever you do, stay away from APS..and Full Race is not worth the cost just yet. They're slow with getting their work done since they make products for so many different cars. (edit: ok, APS just released thicker headers. However, nobody's tried them out yet)

Last edited by sauuce; 04-01-2009 at 11:19 AM.
Old 04-01-2009, 02:13 AM

oh, and:
on SPEED TV
Formula One LIVE this WEEKEND: Malaysia (Race 2. Let me know if you want a copy of race 1 to catch up. I have quali & race)

THURSDAY EVE/FRIDAY MORN
LIVE Practice - 2:00am ET/11:00pm PT

SATURDAY
LIVE Qualifying - 5:00am ET/2:00am PT

SUNDAY
LIVE Malaysian Grand Prix - 4:30am ET/1:30am PT
Old 04-01-2009, 05:53 AM

Car Info: GSTmotorsports built 2004 STI
Originally Posted by ShiroStee
Just watch, this year, i'm not going to get lost. Not even once.
APRIL FOOL'S TO YOU

Quick Reply: The Hole Crew chat thread.