second annual Redwood Rendezvous Road Rally Adventure tour

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2004, 06:17 PM

Car Info: WRB '02 WRX
Hey all,

We're back home in Santa Cruz, and Josh and I both had a blast this weekend.

Thanks again to psoper for his hard work and organization, and also to all the other participants for being a bunch of really cool folks.

Funny; you people mentioned how long it took to get home... we made Garberville to Scotts Valley in 5.3 hours, which is pretty damn good time. We cut off of 101 on 12 in Santa Rosa, and made our way over to the bottom of Napa Valley, and from there down the inland side of the Bay. I'm guessing that the traffic y'all hit was from Santa Rosa down to the city?

I'm looking forward to doing this again. Maybe next time some of the others of you can score as high as we did.

Mike
Old 10-17-2004, 06:19 PM
more than meets the eye

Car Info: ?
here's a free host
http://www.imageshack.us/

i want to see some nice pics
Old 10-17-2004, 10:01 PM

Car Info: Silver WRX wagon
Thanks again Pete. Definately a fun weekend. The weather cooperated nicely contributing to the adventure rather than detracting from it. (ie didn't rain while we were camping). I'd be interested in seeing the stage times.

Nice to see you all again and nice to meet Josh and Mike. I want to hear more about your geology jaunts btw. Sounds like a good adjunct to the Roadside Geology book since you probably drive some more interesting roads.

The traffic through Santa Rosa sucked but I was too tired to adjust at that point and the navigational unit was down so no help there. Got home at around 3:20 I think

Lawrence enjoyed the trip I think. Next year I'm hoping we can trade off driving which should make it more interesting for him.

And yeah Rich, 66 points is a posterior bruising score - no deneying that. I think it would have been closer if I had known where I was going but even so a great score. Congrats. Next time "it's ON!!!"

I'd post some pictures but L had a jones on for Counterstrike and is busy virtually killing or being killed by someone call Spoot, hogging the good computer, so it'll have to wait.

Tim
PS: I found my keys - happy happy joy joy- in the last think I unpacked of course.
Old 10-18-2004, 02:00 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: WRB WRX 2003 Subaru Sedan
Originally Posted by gotwrx
And yeah Rich, 66 points is a posterior bruising score - no deneying that. I think it would have been closer if I had known where I was going but even so a great score. Congrats. Next time "it's ON!!!"

Tim
PS: I found my keys - happy happy joy joy- in the last think I unpacked of course.
Happy to hear that the keys were found. But now i can't find mine.... i was so tied when i got home yesterday i can't remember where i put them down.

and YES Next Time "it is on!!"
Old 10-18-2004, 04:14 PM

Car Info: STI and Outback Sport
Glad everything went well on the run.
Next time we'll definetly be there.

John
Old 10-18-2004, 05:58 PM
VIP Member

I hope all went well with you too this past weekend John. How was Thunderhill?

Hey, where's the pix guys?
Old 10-18-2004, 09:03 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '00 BRP RS Sedan / '04 PSM FXT (RIP)
Well...

Since I broke my wrist, I've been kinda taken down a notch. I couldn't drive, and I didn't get in touch with AndyC in time to get in a Navi spot. Therefore, I suck . I am however getting ready to drop a 5mt in my old Legacy turbo as soon as the cast gets off . Sorry I couldn't make it guys, especially Pete. I'll definitely be in on the next one though, and I'll be stoked to see those pics.

-Brian
Old 10-18-2004, 09:08 PM

Still waiting for the good computer to upload the pics. This time my daughter is IMing rude words about bands (offspring vs good charlotte) to some friend. "My band's better than your band ner-ne-ner-ne-ner-ner" or some such. She won't let me see the words so I know it's a bunch of obscenities she barely knows the meaning of. Time to assert parental eminent domain I think.
Old 10-18-2004, 09:17 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '00 BRP RS Sedan / '04 PSM FXT (RIP)
LMFAO!!!

-Brian
Old 10-18-2004, 10:17 PM

some pics

1. Drive thru tree - duh!
2. A gaggle of Subarus taking a breather after some intense gravel
3. A Subaru in rut
4. A faerie tree ring of Subarus
5. Lost coast
6. Leaving Lost coast
7. Night stage
8. Sunday it rained.
Attached Thumbnails second annual Redwood Rendezvous Road Rally Adventure tour-dcp_0785.jpg   second annual Redwood Rendezvous Road Rally Adventure tour-dcp_0795.jpg   second annual Redwood Rendezvous Road Rally Adventure tour-dcp_0800.jpg   second annual Redwood Rendezvous Road Rally Adventure tour-dcp_0806.jpg   second annual Redwood Rendezvous Road Rally Adventure tour-dcp_0815.jpg  

second annual Redwood Rendezvous Road Rally Adventure tour-dcp_0821.jpg   second annual Redwood Rendezvous Road Rally Adventure tour-dcp_0837.jpg   second annual Redwood Rendezvous Road Rally Adventure tour-dcp_0850.jpg  

Last edited by gotwrx; 10-18-2004 at 10:42 PM.
Old 10-19-2004, 12:14 AM

Car Info: WRB '02 WRX
"Leaving Lost Coast" is a great shot!

Thanks for sharing... I'll try to get mine up tomorrow.
M
Old 10-19-2004, 12:57 PM

Car Info: STI and Outback Sport
Originally Posted by bushido
I hope all went well with you too this past weekend John. How was Thunderhill?

It was great, I can now kinda left foot brake

Took Goat mountain and bartlet springs home.
I want to go back in the next couple weeks before the water gets too high.

Later
John
Old 10-19-2004, 02:30 PM
VIP Member

Tim, "Leaving lost coast" picture is GREAT!. Thank Laurance for taking it. Because i can't imagine you bein able to take it while driving.
and "sunday it rained" is nice too. But i don't think it "truely" gets how much it was really raining across.

-rich
Old 10-19-2004, 03:02 PM

Tim, "Leaving lost coast" picture is GREAT!. Thank Laurance for taking it. Because i can't imagine you bein able to take it while driving.
Actually I just put the cruise control on and steered with my feet while leaning out of the passenger side window. I usually like to drive the twisties that way. It's too tame otherwise ......I'll tell him you liked it.

and "sunday it rained" is nice too. But i don't think it "truely" gets how much it was really raining across.

-rich
I agree. I got very wet taking that picture. L took some video. Haven't had a chance to look at it yet. I'm hoping he got that gravel section.
Old 10-19-2004, 05:17 PM
250,000-mile Club President

Car Info: MBP 02 WRX wagon
more pictures

Here are some that I managed to take
Attached Thumbnails second annual Redwood Rendezvous Road Rally Adventure tour-car-2-cp-1.jpg   second annual Redwood Rendezvous Road Rally Adventure tour-car-6-cp-13.jpg   second annual Redwood Rendezvous Road Rally Adventure tour-leg-2-pause.jpg   second annual Redwood Rendezvous Road Rally Adventure tour-view-cp-14.jpg  

Quick Reply: second annual Redwood Rendezvous Road Rally Adventure tour