santa cruz?

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2006, 03:18 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2005 Aspen White Subaru STI
The Mt. Hamilton meet is an annual subaru meet put on by i-club. There are usually over 200 subarus that show up. There is a bbq and a few of the local vendors are there too. If you can make it come out to our weekly Subaru meets in Sand City. There are a few people from Watsonville that come maybe you could carvan with them. Check out our website: www.spoolinmontereybay.com/smb and register.
Old 06-05-2006, 03:25 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
I'm out of watsonville. I'll probably meet up with the bay area convoy out of dave and busters or something like that.
Old 06-05-2006, 05:20 PM

Car Info: 2002 WRX
Directions to meet

Thanks for the info, just one more thing, what exit do you take off Highway 1 ? Is it fairly straight forward to find the borders/starbucks car park ? Cant wait defo gonna be there!!!!!! Anyone else coming down from SC ?
Old 06-05-2006, 09:40 PM

Car Info: 2008 specB
Originally Posted by okpanic
The best way to guage intrest is to try a convoy to Mt. Hamilton. If you can get people to show up for that you can talk them into a weekly meet in sc.
Interest would probably be better gauged by asking about a local meet rather than who's going to spend the day on the mtn...Less driving/energy....not to say I'm not gonna go to Hammy, but anyway....I'm in for an SC meet on a night other than Saturdays, we could even a little thing during the week? Thoughts.........?
Old 06-05-2006, 09:54 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2005 Aspen White Subaru STI
Originally Posted by tom_walshaw
Thanks for the info, just one more thing, what exit do you take off Highway 1 ? Is it fairly straight forward to find the borders/starbucks car park ? Cant wait defo gonna be there!!!!!! Anyone else coming down from SC ?
Off of Hwy 1 you are going to take the Del Monte Exit and you will see Borders and across from that there is a Starbucks, we are usually parked right next to it.
Old 06-05-2006, 10:45 PM

Thanks for the directions, should hopefuly be down there!!!

In regards to the SC meet i recon i would be quite a kewl idea, ive seen a couple buzzing round SC, definatley blue 02 - 03 wrx and a black 04 - 05 wrx, bth kitted up, i recon it could be sweet, especialy if we can get a couple of people interested!!!! Just dont really know how to go about doing this!!! Mid week would be kewl, from what ive seen most things are on a saturday, so should be pretty kewl to have it mid week!!!
Old 06-06-2006, 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by tom_walshaw
Thanks for the directions, should hopefuly be down there!!!

In regards to the SC meet i recon i would be quite a kewl idea, ive seen a couple buzzing round SC, definatley blue 02 - 03 wrx and a black 04 - 05 wrx, bth kitted up, i recon it could be sweet, especialy if we can get a couple of people interested!!!! Just dont really know how to go about doing this!!! Mid week would be kewl, from what ive seen most things are on a saturday, so should be pretty kewl to have it mid week!!!
That makes two of us, I'll shoot some PM's to a couple other people and see what their thoughts are....I'm in for any night except for Thursdays...

Last edited by SolSurferX; 06-06-2006 at 08:25 AM.
Old 06-06-2006, 02:24 PM

Smile

Sweet, il try and spread the word, definatly know of one local guy who may come , will try to make contact.... let me know how it goes!!!
Hopefuly i hsould be getting my cat back this week aswell so will be buzzing for the meet lol.... any recomendations (exhaust that is) ive seen the Blitz Nur R spec.... but is that street legal in Cali ?
Old 06-06-2006, 05:11 PM

I'm not too sure about cat-backs, I think as long as it meets decibel levels its cool (I have an STi cat back, not loud at all)....I also ran into an old friend of mine that has a WRX and hes down to get together as well, so it looks like something may come together....^^^^^by the way what do you drive?
Old 06-06-2006, 05:50 PM

2002 WRX , only had it 2 weeks, rushed in and bought blow off valve and cold air intake, turns out wanst such a good idea!!! lol , but should be all good once i get my exhaust!!!
Well at least thats another, may turn out ok like you say...... when do you recon we should meet, having trouble getting intouch with the guy i was on about but.... if all goes well....!!!
Glad things are coming together! What does your friend drive ?
Old 06-06-2006, 06:25 PM

Car Info: evo8
hmm local meet sounds good as long as i can get away from home real quick there are other suby guys i know that meets up monday nights also but maybe a change of day would work also whats a good place to meet up thats not crowded? how about something like in the middle of the week?just like taking a break from a crappy week
Old 06-06-2006, 06:57 PM

Im down with any night, what about wednesdays or thursdays ? Very new to the area to cant really think of anywhere at the mo lol .... any suggestions anyone ?
Old 06-06-2006, 08:42 PM

Wednesdays work well, Thursdays are out for me....A place to meet would kinda depend on where everyone is coming from, so we can try and make it quick to get to/leave from (for those that have other engagements lol). scfasttimes idea of the old kmart/safeway parking lot (on 41st ave) would work pretty well....whereabouts does everyone live besides the aptos area (me and evo dadi)? My buddy Mark drives a red '04 WRX with a wing....what color is your '02?

Last edited by SolSurferX; 06-06-2006 at 08:47 PM.
Old 06-06-2006, 08:58 PM

Car Info: evo8
there's a black wrx and a blue wagon also in aptos that ive seen.i know the owner of the black one,as for the blue maybe ill leavehim anotice when i see his car parked.

isnt the old kmart area under construction right now? there's also the starbucks here in aptos which has a spacious parking lot since theyre pretty new in the area.
Old 06-06-2006, 11:50 PM

Im coming out of scotts valley, just name a place and a time , i have no arrangements as of yet!!!!
Colour of my WRX is black with blue 2 tone, however the blue never really shows unless wet!!!! Pointless really, looks mint when cleaning it though!!!! haha.

So yeah im up for whenever!!! Willl be my first meet in america , sweet!!!!!

Quick Reply: santa cruz?