Nov.20th drift event *no rules*

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2010, 06:15 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
Originally Posted by EQ Tuning
Not even a helmet?? Even good ol' car bowling requires a helmet!

-- Ed
It's just proof that drifting is not real racing. Real racers know that safety comes first.

Originally Posted by 02SUBIEDOO
First off I'm not letting anyone walk into a trap second off I personally will go check out everything before anyone is allowed to go into the track you have my word
Oh, now it seems legit, 02SUBIEDOO is going to personally walk the track

Last edited by VRT MBasile; 11-05-2010 at 06:19 PM.
Old 11-05-2010, 06:39 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: A Laptop
Even AutoX requires helmets!! And all you can hit there are plastic cones! Is this really legit? I really can't imagine how it could be.

-- Ed
Old 11-05-2010, 06:48 PM
VIP Member

Even AutoX requires helmets!! And all you can hit there are plastic cones! Is this really legit? I really can't imagine how it could be.

-- Ed
Of course it's legit, 02SUBIEDOO is going to check it out before ANYONE goes on the track, and we all know who he is.....
Old 11-05-2010, 06:50 PM

Car Info: 02 WRX Wagon
There is definitely no way in hell that this is a legal, sanctioned, or insured event.

02subiedoo, nothing against you personally but I would never participate in an event like this with my own car. If you screw it up, you're insurance won't cover it, you're competitors wont cover it, and the race organizers will definitely not pay for it.

Fortunately, chances are you will get screwed by the police before you ever get a chance to total your car.
Old 11-05-2010, 07:48 PM

Car Info: 2003 wrx
Originally Posted by VRT MBasile
Of course it's legit, 02SUBIEDOO is going to check it out before ANYONE goes on the track, and we all know who he is.....
What is thats supposed to mean?
Old 11-05-2010, 07:55 PM

And ofcourse you're going to have to take the necessary measures to ensure you're personal safety plus dude if you wreck you're car you better have some extra cash to pay for the damage. Also why is everyone jumping to conclusions when they don't even know the full story??? That just goes to show who were dealing with on here. Whatever happened to people trusting one another?? Giving the benefit of the doubt?? I mean cmon now throw me a bone here. If you own you're vehicle no matter what you do you must always be prepared wherever you go whatever you do. That you're responsibility as a vehicle owner.
Old 11-05-2010, 08:27 PM

Car Info: 2010 997.2 GT3
Typically, a waiver needs to be signed. You even need a suit, a helmet and a neck brace for gokarts. I mean it just seems like there is a lack of organization and precautions. Not to rag on you because you are a messenger, but to who ever is setting this up it is their *** on the line when I read in the paper about someone getting hurt because of a lack of safety precautions.
Old 11-06-2010, 02:29 AM
VIP Member

What is thats supposed to mean?
It means that your name carries no reputation, so you walking the track means nothing. If kspek walked the track and said it was ok, we'd know it was safe. If Krinkov said it was ok we'd know it was full of drunk SF hipster chicks.
Old 11-06-2010, 03:13 AM

Car Info: Some sort of Subaru

-- Ed
Well, and the occasional course worker. It happened this year at a Norcal UFO event. The worker was a little on the heavy side and didn't move fast enough (from what I was told).

And ofcourse you're going to have to take the necessary measures to ensure you're personal safety plus dude if you wreck you're car you better have some extra cash to pay for the damage. Also why is everyone jumping to conclusions when they don't even know the full story??? That just goes to show who were dealing with on here. Whatever happened to people trusting one another?? Giving the benefit of the doubt?? I mean cmon now throw me a bone here. If you own you're vehicle no matter what you do you must always be prepared wherever you go whatever you do. That you're responsibility as a vehicle owner.
I think quite a few people here have done some sort of motorsport event. The fact that helmets are not required seems a little sketchy to most. This event might be legitimate, but what you posted so far seems off.

Originally Posted by VRT MBasile
It means that your name carries no reputation, so you walking the track means nothing. If kspek walked the track and said it was ok, we'd know it was safe. If Krinkov said it was ok we'd know it was full of drunk SF hipster chicks.
Old 11-06-2010, 09:51 AM

Car Info: 97' Dodge Cummins and an RSTI thingie
The benefit of the doubt is irrelevant when it comes to safety. I would never be in an event where ANYONE felt it was safe to throw around 2000+ lb objects around a course at a fast rate, around people, and without safety equipment. It is unsafe, irresponsible and immature.

If this is sanctioned or insured in anyway, either someones lying about it, or someone lied to an insurance company.

It makes me wonder who's doing it and if they understand the liability involved without requiring safety standards.

You said that the people should have some extra cash to pay for any damage? How old are you? Do you really think any punk kid who would participate in something like this who doesn't even have the cash for basic stuff like a helmet will be able to pay for my 20,000 dollar car and my medical bills that can easily exceede 100,000 dollars?
Old 11-06-2010, 02:08 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by code3suby
You said that the people should have some extra cash to pay for any damage? How old are you? Do you really think any punk kid who would participate in something like this who doesn't even have the cash for basic stuff like a helmet will be able to pay for my 20,000 dollar car and my medical bills that can easily exceed 100,000 dollars?
[/thread]
Old 11-06-2010, 07:10 PM

I think you guys are throwing this way out of proportion. I could take my own vehicle in a parking lot any given day it's feasible and drift my own vehicle. So that would be considered irresponsible??? Possibly.. But I would tell you that if anyone person that tried to drift there own vehicle and not be ableto pay for there screw ups is irresponsible plus anyone person who thinks/expects someone else to pay for there mistake is most definately irresponsible and most definately immature. I myself will take the risk and go and whoever wants to go out and ENJOY themself and have a good time with his/her own vehicle AND WHO IS ALSO RESPONSABLE TO PAY FOR THERE SCREW UPS.
Old 11-06-2010, 07:12 PM

So you guys havefun dissecting peoples offers to have fun and I'm actually going to do it.
Old 11-07-2010, 02:53 PM

http://stockton99.com/99drift/index.html
Old 11-07-2010, 02:58 PM

Car Info: 2010 997.2 GT3
I read this in the rules section.

99Drift Rules and Regulations
Safety Modifications and Guidelines:

- Anything that compromises the safety of the vehicle in a collision may not be removed with the exception of air bags and or factory collision reinforcement bars.
- Each car must be equipped with a six-point or better roll cage.
- Roll cage must be welded or securely bolted and anchored. If roll cage is bolted then its must be securely reinforced with an anchor plate and backing plate sandwich on each side of the floor pan.
- Roll cage may be placed in front or through the dashboard.
- Roll cage tubing must be at a minimum of 2.25 inches in diameter
- Drivers seat must be equipped with a four-point or better racing type safety harness of nylon web, at least 3 inches in diameter, with a metal buckle. Shoulder harness must be an H type not Y type harness. Safety Harness must be securely bolted to the frame.
- Drivers must be fitted with Snell Foundation (SA) approved safety helmets with 1995 Snell Foundation (95SA) or later safety sticker of approval displayed inside; head and neck restraints systems are optional and must also be Snell Foundation (SA) approved. Face shields are strongly recommended.
- Drivers must wear driving suits made of approved fire resistance material (Nomex, Kynol, etc.) in single or double layers. Socks and full length underwear must also be fire resistance.
- Drivers must wear fire resistance gloves with no holes composed of Nomex or leather. Shoes must be of fire resistant materials or leather on top. Racing shoes are strongly recommended.
- Catch tanks must be securely fastened. Radiator catch tanks must have a minimum capacity of 1 qt. each. Oil catch tanks may also be installed on engine oil breathers where practical. NO FLUID LEAKS OF ANY KIND WILL BE TOLERATED.
- It is highly recommended that all cars be equipped with at least a 2 lb. 10 BC fire extinguisher securely mounted in the cockpit. An onboard halon type fire system is strongly recommended.
- Master electrical cut-off switches are highly recommended and should clearly be marked if fitted outside the vehicle.
- Fuel cells are strongly recommended.
- Fuel filler caps must be securely fastened so as not to open on impact.
- All hoods and deck lids must be adequately and securely fastened.
- All drain plugs must be securely fastened.
- Batteries must be securely fastened down, positive terminals well insulated and if located in the cockpit must be covered or have leak proof caps.
- All cars must have at least one working rear brake light.
- Brake systems including brakes, lines, fluid and pedals must be in good shape and working condition. Dual master cylinders are recommended.

Read more: http://www.myspace.com/stockton99drift#ixzz14dl09bZ7

Quick Reply: Nov.20th drift event *no rules*