Japan Relief Gathering car show & Meet!

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2011, 02:36 AM

Car Info: hopes and dreams
Yeah we accept $2 bills! Lol and if you have anymore to get rid of I don't mind buying them from you also I believe there is a parking lot near by $6-10 parking I believe.
Old 04-03-2011, 03:03 AM

Car Info: 2004 Subaru WRX
is there parking for the event?
Old 04-03-2011, 09:37 AM

Car Info: '97 Grandpa Gold Jetta
Originally Posted by 04subaruwrx
is there parking for the event?
When I was looking the location up on Google Maps, it looked like there was a parking lot right next to and in front of the events lot. Couldn't really tell if it was a public lot but Im guessing it is.
Old 04-03-2011, 02:56 PM

Car Info: MY00 GC6 BRP
Originally Posted by aznpride65o
There are rumors going around that we do not have permits to throw this event, whomever is spreading these rumors are being spread by individuals trying to purposely sabotage a fundraiser. We have a permit and we have rented out the entire lot. These individuals have even gone through the trouble to modify our flier and email it to th...e San Francisco port authority. The copy of the flier says we are charging for parking, we are not CHARGING any one anything. We are accepting donations where the proceeds go directly to the Japanese Cultural Community Center of Northern California and Directly to the Northern Japan Relief Fund. We as an organization make absolutely NO money if anything we are putting our own Money just so you as individuals can participate in a group effort to make a difference. To those of you that feel the need to sabotage this organization, I pray for you because that is just a horrible thing you are trying to do.

Yea thats ****ed up. There will always be bad eggs trying to stink up the joint.
Old 04-03-2011, 07:17 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 99 legacy gt
great event guys one of the best locations for a show in years nice too see that the car seen can come together for a good cause for those that couldnt make it i will have pics up in the next day or two
Old 04-03-2011, 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by tecnica tech
great event guys one of the best locations for a show in years nice too see that the car seen can come together for a good cause for those that couldnt make it i will have pics up in the next day or two
Thanks man! Our crew of 30+ worked so hard today I'm glad the turn out was so big nice cars and a lot of people it was a little disappointing since we were not allowed to have our vendor booths or DJ but it was still a success. My crew is now celebrating with dinner and a little drinking after a long days work
Old 04-03-2011, 07:59 PM
Stacheless Cholo

Car Info: 2005 STi
Thanks man! Our crew of 30+ worked so hard today I'm glad the turn out was so big nice cars and a lot of people it was a little disappointing since we were not allowed to have our vendor booths or DJ but it was still a success. My crew is now celebrating with dinner and a little drinking after a long days work
Wasn't there like 3 vendors there? It was a pretty cool event tho... Quiet... But still cool...
Old 04-03-2011, 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by RodriguezGD
Wasn't there like 3 vendors there? It was a pretty cool event tho... Quiet... But still cool...
There were vendors there just not allowed to have their booths , we needed more permits that were just not possible to obtain in the 2 weeks we planned this event
Old 04-03-2011, 09:09 PM
Stacheless Cholo

There were vendors there just not allowed to have their booths , we needed more permits that were just not possible to obtain in the 2 weeks we planned this event
Oh got you... At least there were some nice cars out there... Great job to the whole crew...
Old 04-03-2011, 09:10 PM

Car Info: 97' Dodge Cummins and an RSTI thingie
It was a great event, I had fun despite my having to be gone most of the show cause my dumbass locked the keys in the trunk after dusting it off :/

You guys did a great job of throwing it together in short time. I was wondering why there wasn't more vendors / a DJ
Old 04-03-2011, 09:13 PM
Stacheless Cholo

Originally Posted by code3suby
It was a great event, I had fun despite my having to be gone most of the show cause my dumbass locked the keys in the trunk after dusting it off :/

You guys did a great job of throwing it together in short time. I was wondering why there wasn't more vendors / a DJ
Damn that sucks...
Old 04-03-2011, 09:38 PM

Car Info: 2002 WRX
amazing event. was hoping for my subie love, but still worth going! :P
Old 04-03-2011, 10:17 PM

Car Info: '97 Grandpa Gold Jetta
Really great event! Excellent turn out both in cars and spectators.

Should we post pics here or start a thread elsewhere?
Old 04-03-2011, 10:37 PM

Thanks guys i really do appreciate it , I wish we had more vendor's but there was at least 10 there , it was just hard to notice them because they had cars instead of booths. We weren't allowed a DJ because there is a special permit that takes 60-90 days to obtain and for vendor booths they were regulation tables , placing etc because of fire hazards and such.
Old 04-03-2011, 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by code3suby

Were you the black 04-05 sti kind of near the back of the lot? I noticed after the event cleared out there was one sitting there for a while with no owner lol. I'm glad you had fun!

Quick Reply: Japan Relief Gathering car show & Meet!