Japan Relief Gathering car show & Meet!

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2011, 05:03 PM

Car Info: hopes and dreams
Originally Posted by iMPoRT GeeK
I just registered.. I didn't know where was a group for i-Club... So i reg. with team uy...? My WRX will be there.. not the Corona...

Awe ok Zin you can park with me I'm team UY as well.
Come on guys beautiful cars will be here as well as models and it's all for a good cause!
Old 03-29-2011, 10:13 PM

bump guys! over 200 pre-registered for the event!
Old 03-30-2011, 12:28 PM

REGISTRATION FOR THE EVENT IS CLOSED!! Unfortunately there will be no open registrations.

We are at capacity and can no longer accept any more vehicles for registration. Thank you all for your support with this cause. The paypal account for the chaity is still open, even though we can no longer accept vehicle registrations, if you feel compelled to still donate to a good cause whether it be $1, $5, $10 or anything you feel comfortable with, the japanreliefgathering@gmail.com account is still active. 100% of your money will go directly to The Japanese Cultural and Community Center of Northern California and the Northern Japan Relief Fund. We as an organization have 0 processing fees and the JCCCNC has 0 processing fees. Feel safe knowing your generous gift will reach Japan in the relief effort whole. There will also be no open registration the day of the event. We apologize but would like for you to still come and partake in this good cause as a spectator and supporter for this great cause. Thank you again for all your support.
Old 03-31-2011, 02:23 AM

few more days left guys! hope i see you all there!
Old 03-31-2011, 10:19 AM

Car Info: 2015 WRX Limited (sold 2009 WRX beast)
That sucks we werent able to get in. We have 09 and 2011 wrx to put in.
Old 03-31-2011, 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by kwiksilverwrx
That sucks we werent able to get in. We have 09 and 2011 wrx to put in.
im sorry about that , you guys can still attend the show its $2 donation at the door i believe
Old 03-31-2011, 10:16 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Corvette Z51
In addition to the show, here's a video describing another group that's raising money for the JCCCNC to send to Japan for the relief effort. For anyone can't make it to the show or something like that, you CAN still contribute! Not trying to steal thunder from the show, but want to let others know that they CAN still help out even if they can't make it!

"GENKI FOR JAPAN is a charity group based in San Francisco. Our goal is to raise money to support victims of the Earthquake and Tsunami of North Eastern Japan.

http://genkiforjapan.org/

All the money raised will be donated to JCCCNC, which has been approved by the Japanese consulate.

http://www.jcccnc.org/ "

Last edited by Choku Dori; 03-31-2011 at 10:23 PM.
Old 03-31-2011, 10:21 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Corvette Z51
P.S. Who made the flyer? The use of the Rising Sun Flag (Kyokujitsu-ki) is inappropriate as it is the military flag of Japan and is associated with Japanese imperialism and military aggression in the first half of the 20th century (the Japanese military no longer conducts war operations overseas; it is a self-defense force under Article 9 of the Japanese national constitution). The only acceptable use of that flag today is maritime usage; it's not interchangeable with the national flag of Japan, the Hi no Maru. Militarism has no place in the relief effort for a tragic natural disaster. Thanks and best of luck at the show!
Old 04-01-2011, 05:15 PM

Few days left hope to see you all there!
Old 04-02-2011, 11:06 AM

Car Info: 97' Dodge Cummins and an RSTI thingie
I'm bummed my buddy and I prepped our cars all week and he didn't register in time oh well, ill be there!
Old 04-02-2011, 05:04 PM

Car Info: MY00 GC6 BRP
Originally Posted by Choku Dori
P.S. Who made the flyer? The use of the Rising Sun Flag (Kyokujitsu-ki) is inappropriate as it is the military flag of Japan and is associated with Japanese imperialism and military aggression in the first half of the 20th century (the Japanese military no longer conducts war operations overseas; it is a self-defense force under Article 9 of the Japanese national constitution). The only acceptable use of that flag today is maritime usage; it's not interchangeable with the national flag of Japan, the Hi no Maru. Militarism has no place in the relief effort for a tragic natural disaster. Thanks and best of luck at the show!
Ditto
Old 04-02-2011, 06:45 PM

There are rumors going around that we do not have permits to throw this event, whomever is spreading these rumors are being spread by individuals trying to purposely sabotage a fundraiser. We have a permit and we have rented out the entire lot. These individuals have even gone through the trouble to modify our flier and email it to th...e San Francisco port authority. The copy of the flier says we are charging for parking, we are not CHARGING any one anything. We are accepting donations where the proceeds go directly to the Japanese Cultural Community Center of Northern California and Directly to the Northern Japan Relief Fund. We as an organization make absolutely NO money if anything we are putting our own Money just so you as individuals can participate in a group effort to make a difference. To those of you that feel the need to sabotage this organization, I pray for you because that is just a horrible thing you are trying to do.
Old 04-02-2011, 09:51 PM

Detailing my car as we speak! Hope to see you guys there! If anyone is wondering my car is the dark blue wagon with sedan front and 18x9 rota g-forces.
Old 04-02-2011, 10:33 PM

Car Info: '97 Grandpa Gold Jetta
Didn't go to SD this weekend so it looks like Ill be able to make it Probably taking Bart since I don't have anything special to take down there

Anyone know if they'll be accepting $2 bills?

Last edited by 04Impreza; 04-02-2011 at 10:37 PM.
Old 04-02-2011, 11:29 PM

Car Info: 2002 WRX
how is parking handled? Is there a spot near red java house to park? And what's a good time to be there to beat traffic?

Quick Reply: Japan Relief Gathering car show & Meet!