i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource

i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource (https://www.i-club.com/forums/)
-   Meetings, Events & Donuts (https://www.i-club.com/forums/meetings-events-donuts-91/)
-   -   Half Moon Bay meet and drive! Sunday Oct 24th (https://www.i-club.com/forums/meetings-events-donuts-91/half-moon-bay-meet-drive-sunday-oct-24th-76088/)

Domino 10-22-2004 10:30 AM

awesome! cant wait to see them...even if it rains sunday, you should be set. ive seen crazy people drive really fast in the rain with those neros and come out alive

balanz 10-22-2004 11:00 AM

Glad you are gonna make it.

dan2304k 10-23-2004 03:03 PM

Looks like the rain will clear up tonight, so it should be pretty nice for the drive tomorrow. For anyone who doesn't already know, 3 Amigos is on highway 1, one block south of the highway 92 junction. Yahoo maps shows it a little north of 92, but unless I've lost my mind, I'm pretty sure it's one block south on the right (west) side of highway 1. Could someone who knows for sure confirm?

BluBuru 10-23-2004 05:39 PM

I'm going to try to join you folks.

The thing is: I probably can only go if its raining. If it's dry, I really ought to go to work, but if it's wet, I'll be free to play.

I'll look at the sky tomorrow and make the call,
Mike

(There's an outside chance that if I go, I'll bring my brother in his 02 wagon.)

todbanner 10-23-2004 08:47 PM

[QUOTE=dan2304k]Looks like the rain will clear up tonight, so it should be pretty nice for the drive tomorrow. For anyone who doesn't already know, 3 Amigos is on highway 1, one block south of the highway 92 junction. Yahoo maps shows it a little north of 92, but unless I've lost my mind, I'm pretty sure it's one block south on the right (west) side of highway 1. Could someone who knows for sure confirm?[/QUOTE]

That's firm. It's at Hwy1 and Kelly Ave. Which is traveling south on 1 the next light after 92. It's in the right you can't miss it... and you won't be able to miss the masses of bad ass subys parked outside right?!?!

:)

pdqwrx 10-23-2004 09:45 PM

So this drive is for sure, rain or shine? and is there room for one more?

Scott

kellie 10-23-2004 09:48 PM

Scott, there's always room for more.

I'm bringing my friend in his E36 M3 too. Bwahaha, we'll outnumber him in his stupid German car.

dan2304k 10-23-2004 10:05 PM

[QUOTE=pdqwrx]So this drive is for sure, rain or shine? and is there room for one more?

Scott[/QUOTE]

Of course there's room for more. And yes, it's for sure. Anyway, it will be cloudy tomorrow but no rain. I promise. =)

[QUOTE=kellie]I'm bringing my friend in his E36 M3 too. Bwahaha, we'll outnumber him in his stupid German car.[/QUOTE]

He won't be the only BMW, I think there will be at least one more.

Domino 10-23-2004 10:11 PM

[QUOTE=dan2304k]He won't be the only BMW, I think there will be at least one more.[/QUOTE]
thats right baby. time for the german sneak attack...you didnt think the japenese had the corner on that market did you?

kellie 10-23-2004 11:01 PM

Lame. Stupid Bimmers. If we don't threaten to murder my friend, he'll be sideways the entire time, I promise. He could sneeze and get the damn thing sideways.

Domino 10-23-2004 11:36 PM

lame?? you're lame! and how can your friend get sideways? my '36 plows like a freakin farmer. i went to car control school today and it took me a while to learn how to cope with the understeer. i pretty much learned you just have to be a little rough with the girl. gotta manhandle it a bit to kick the rear end out.

course we were in the rain all day, and now i think im repalsing back to the cold i had last weel. cant seem to get to sleep. and if im spelling things wrong its because i already took the contacts out and i cant really see the screen. argh...if i cant get to sleep tonight i probably wont see you guys tomorrow. we'll see how this nyquil/capt morgan cocktail will do me....

hopefully see you in la mattina. ciao

-Dom

mattsn0w 10-23-2004 11:56 PM

damn it Dom!
You need to be there tomorrow! I might be bringing a friend as a passenger.
But we need to have more of the SV/SC people to represent! I know im a big guy, but I can't make up for you and your BMW.
;D

kellie 10-23-2004 11:56 PM

Coilovers, swaybars, and a buttload of negative camber will get you pretty sideways. You better show up, buddy.

SLOMatt 10-24-2004 12:02 AM

I'm in, haven't been to an official Bay Area meet in... um... years.

mattsn0w 10-24-2004 01:00 AM

[QUOTE=BluBuru]I'm going to try to join you folks.

The thing is: I probably can only go if its raining. If it's dry, I really ought to go to work, but if it's wet, I'll be free to play.

I'll look at the sky tomorrow and make the call,
Mike

(There's an outside chance that if I go, I'll bring my brother in his 02 wagon.)[/QUOTE]

That would ROCK if you and your bro came out tomorrow! We need more wagons!!

Here is the weather for SV:

[url]http://www.weather.com/weather/print/USCA1035[/url]

Looking like its gonna be raining in the morning, but wew shall see tomorrow.