i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource

i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource (https://www.i-club.com/forums/)
-   Meetings, Events & Donuts (https://www.i-club.com/forums/meetings-events-donuts-91/)
-   -   Half Moon Bay meet and drive! Sunday Oct 24th (https://www.i-club.com/forums/meetings-events-donuts-91/half-moon-bay-meet-drive-sunday-oct-24th-76088/)

champagne 2.5i 10-18-2004 04:47 PM

I'll be there with my new OB

OldGuySTI 10-18-2004 05:08 PM

Isn't the pumpkin festival that weekend? If so you can't get near Half Moon Bay.

dan2304k 10-18-2004 05:47 PM

[QUOTE=OldGuySTI]Isn't the pumpkin festival that weekend? If so you can't get near Half Moon Bay.[/QUOTE]

Pumpkin festival was October 16-17, so we're free and clear of that at least!

todbanner 10-18-2004 11:34 PM

[QUOTE=kellie]Screw that. I'm attaching 2 foot retractable blades to the side of my car, I'm going to try to run as many family station wagons off the road as possible. Who wants to keep score? Brucey, you should come.[/QUOTE]

as long as that doesn't include my red suby wagon :) I'm game!

todbanner 10-18-2004 11:37 PM

And I sill don't think I can make it much before 2 so I hope you guys all spend lots of time eating... cos I would hate to miss my first meet that I helped to orginize!

specially cos of work of all things!

if I'm stuck at work you guys should all roll though on your way out down hwy1!

Half moon bay golf links... 1S > Miramontes point rd. come roll by and wave as I'm stuck there!

sonic_yellow 10-18-2004 11:55 PM

Day trippin'

[QUOTE=MadLarkin]Hey Jon....Assuming I am not in Norway/San Lois/youdonthaveyourcarbythen, you wanna ride shottie with me?
-Cam[/QUOTE]
sure, but that definitely is a longshot.

dan2304k 10-19-2004 01:25 AM

[QUOTE=todbanner]And I sill don't think I can make it much before 2 so I hope you guys all spend lots of time eating... cos I would hate to miss my first meet that I helped to orginize!QUOTE]

Not gonna leave for the drive until 2:00 even at the earliest. I'm sure we can wait for ya. =)

todbanner 10-19-2004 02:28 PM

Sick :-D

Some people made some comments tonite about the cycling traffic on 84. So maybe we could change the route... (don't wanna be responsible for any dead cyclists, or worse, any dents in anyones' favorite toys) I know of this little road that is fairly twisty and cool that I've only ever seen one other car on ever! So maybe we'll take that up to 35 as a substitute for 84. But I'll have to lead... so we'll see what happens on sunday.

dan2304k 10-20-2004 10:47 PM

Bah, of all the things to worry about! They know damn well what they're in for. ;)

3 days from now... anyone else in?

Domino 10-21-2004 12:12 AM

id like to know if we could reverse the route...carvaning on 1 south would attract plenty of unwanted attention before we did the twisties...not what we want. i say we do the fun part first, then have a nice cruise back up 1 to cool down. whats everyone think?

todbanner 10-21-2004 06:52 AM

Domino,

Depending how many cars we get, which doesnt' look like many yet, I don't think we are going to attract that much attention. And I really don't think the cops are going to give us any trouble... provinding we arn't going nuts on skyline... I really don't think they are going to give us shi* just for driving in a group... HMB cops are so mello man...

I personally prefer Skyline (35) North from 84... But w/e everyone wants to do... we could always decide on the day too.... see what people think, depending how many show up.

Domino 10-21-2004 11:36 AM

[QUOTE=todbanner]Domino,

Depending how many cars we get, which doesnt' look like many yet, I don't think we are going to attract that much attention. And I really don't think the cops are going to give us any trouble... provinding we arn't going nuts on skyline... I really don't think they are going to give us shi* just for driving in a group... HMB cops are so mello man...

I personally prefer Skyline (35) North from 84... But w/e everyone wants to do... we could always decide on the day too.... see what people think, depending how many show up.[/QUOTE]
Im not talking about municipal cops...but yeah, we should talk about it over lunch. :)

balanz 10-21-2004 02:13 PM

Seriously, either way, the CHP and Sheriffs are the ones you have to worry about. It's all good though, we can talk about at lunch like domino said.

todbanner 10-21-2004 02:14 PM

Yeah... and I can't see really how they can give us any trouble if we are just gathered, and driving... I mean granted if we are doing 90mph or w/e but if we are just out for a drive... at the end of the day we arn't doing anything illegal!

mattsn0w 10-22-2004 07:40 AM

add me to the list, I get my rims, new tires, and lugnuts today! =)