Need help figurin this out

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2012, 09:25 PM

Need help figurin this out

Well I'm new here to this forum

I have a 2000 Subaru legacy gt wagon and I'm wondering why it feels like I'm drifting down the road when there is snow. My Audi or BMW do it and they are awd. Is there something wrong with it or are they not great in the snow. There is brand new tires on the car thought that would be their cause but apparently not?
Old 12-22-2012, 08:54 PM

What a dead forum
Old 12-22-2012, 09:01 PM
Da Brit.

Car Info: http://tinyurl.com/3vo4362
I don't even know where to start with this guy.

Sell your car.
Old 12-22-2012, 09:11 PM

Car Info: '11 STI
Originally Posted by mr.bmw

I have a 2000 Subaru legacy gt wagon and I'm wondering why it feels like I'm drifting down the road when there is snow. My Audi or BMW do it and they are awd. Is there something wrong with it or are they not great in the snow. There is brand new tires on the car thought that would be their cause but apparently not?
So all three cars 'drift' down the road? is there something wrong with legacy? no its the same as your other cars.
Old 12-22-2012, 09:34 PM

Car Info: 2002 Impreza RS, 2005 Impreza RS-20K

tried an alignment? or better tires? not all cars perform the same on the same tires.

Originally Posted by johndabrit
I don't even know where to start with this guy.

Sell your car.
Old 12-22-2012, 09:49 PM

Car Info: 12Teens crazy 4 me

Seems like your flux capacitor isnt working correctly, bring it to a mech and ask them to reflash your flux capacitor.
Old 12-22-2012, 09:51 PM

Car Info: 2002 Impreza RS, 2005 Impreza RS-20K
Originally Posted by theoutbackdream
Seems like your flux capacitor isnt working correctly, bring it to a mech and ask them to reflash your flux capacitor.
true this. it could be weak. the cold will do that.
Old 12-23-2012, 08:36 AM

I already try to re flash the flux capacitor didn't work

I have blizzaks for tires and had a 4 wheel alignment done after the tire rods where put in a month ago

And your theory on selling the car I'm thinking about it thought subaru a where good but seem to just be cheap pieces or crap at the moment
Old 12-23-2012, 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by flat489

So all three cars 'drift' down the road? is there something wrong with legacy? no its the same as your other cars.
An no there was a typo the Audi and BMW drive straight down the road only the Subaru feels like it is drifting. It doesn't mater if its a half inch or 6 inches the only time it doesn't do it is on dry pavement
Old 12-23-2012, 08:44 AM

I already try to re flash the flux capacitor didn't work

I have blizzaks for tires and had a 4 wheel alignment done after the tire rods where put in a month ago

And your theory on selling the car I'm thinking about it thought subaru a where good but seem to just be cheap pieces or crap at the moment
Seems like the tires on the subaru have vtec equipted, causing the drifting on snow.
Old 12-23-2012, 08:46 AM

An no there was a typo the Audi and BMW drive straight down the road only the Subaru feels like it is drifting. It doesn't mater if its a half inch or 6 inches the only time it doesn't do it is on dry pavement
You must be like... A pro rally driver drifting with a subaru! Can i get an autograph?
Old 12-23-2012, 09:47 AM

Car Info: '11 STI
You must be like... A pro rally driver drifting with a subaru! Can i get an autograph?
for someone who joined in 2012 and asks questions all the time you sure have gotten this fourm thing down. except nasioc may be more fitting for you.

OP: are you running the stock wheels? responsiveness on the snow has a lot do with how you are driving. take it slower. Plus each time it snows its a different set of conditions, how do you know your audi and bmw won't 'drift' during those same conditions you are putting the subaru in. There is a reason when you go to the slopes all the cars you see are subarus.
Old 12-23-2012, 09:56 AM

for someone who joined in 2012 and asks questions all the time you sure have gotten this fourm thing down. except nasioc may be more fitting for you.
indeed.
Old 12-23-2012, 11:00 AM

Car Info: A Dirty Car
indeed.
He's talking about you, smart ***.

Why is it that every thread i see you post in, your always spitting out some condesending teenage bull****? I remember when you joined i-club you had endless amounts of questions about your "dream outback" and what answers did you recieve to all those questions? Respectable, knowledgeable responses. Pay it forward kid, stop trolling and being a douche.
Old 12-23-2012, 11:19 AM

OP: are you running the stock wheels? responsiveness on the snow has a lot do with how you are driving. take it slower. Plus each time it snows its a different set of conditions, how do you know your audi and bmw won't 'drift' during those same conditions you are putting the subaru in. There is a reason when you go to the slopes all the cars you see are subarus.
They are the stock rims and tire size is the same. When I felt the Subaru feel like its drifting I thought something was wrong with it so I took the Audi out on the same road and it didn't do it. That what makes me believe there may be some cause to why it does it. I have to go literally 5mph for it to feel almost normal Audi I can go 30-40 and it drives straight.

Quick Reply: Need help figurin this out