intermittent radio sound, dome lights, and cig lighter

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2006, 08:15 PM

Car Info: 95 Subaru Legacy
intermittent radio sound, dome lights, and cig lighter

I pulled my dash to fix the A/C in August - and the A/C worked fine after. After I put it back together the cigarette lighter and the dome light haven't worked. Also the airbag light is on the dash now, and won't go out. There are no blown fuses that I can find. Just recently (last week) the sound for my radio stopped working. Do you think there is a ground wire that is loose. Occassionally without hitting a bump, the sound comes on for about 5 seconds, and then goes out again. This has occured 3 x in the last week, but is not consistent. Where do you think the problem is? Any ideas would be appreciated. I suppose I will have to pull all the dash trim off again to try to locate the problem. Thanks
Old 10-25-2006, 08:47 PM

Car Info: bugeye WAR wagon
as for sound, somewhere u could possibly have a speaker grounding out... what did u fix w/ ur AC? if u unplugged anything it'd be a good idea to double check and make sure everything is plugged in and connected.
Old 10-26-2006, 03:01 AM

Car Info: 95 Subaru Legacy
One of the dampers was stuck inside the duct, so it wouldn't switch from floor to dash or windshield. Unfortunately, I had to remove the whole dash, including airbag to get to the guts of the ductwork. I take it that the green connectors next to the steering column are only to be connected when there is a obd2 dynamic check being done. Are there any other connectors that shouldn't be connected other than doing a OBD check? I haven't located the problem yet. Weird that the dome and the cigarette lighter are on the same circuit.