93 legacy Q's. Don't bother, really...

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2006, 09:12 PM

Car Info: 93 legacy L wagon
93 legacy Q's. Don't bother, really...

So, I asked this question in the general forum, but no one seemed to notice. Here goes again. Guess this isn't the "dumbest question anyone's asked about your car" that seems to be more relevant. Maybe I need to post a thread about gigantic aluminum red baron lookin' wings to get a response. seriously, j/k

Picked up a free 93 legacy wagon 4wd a/t with some troubles.

I've found that the yoke is non-existant and the front section of driveshaft slightly resembles a twizzler to an extent. Previous owner prolly tried to tow the QE II.

Everything else major looks OK, aside from the shifter cable and the bracket that holds that. I can get the small stuff at the dealer or wherever...

What I'd like to know is if any other subaru models share the same drivetrain components as the lagacys, so I can continue calling around to some import boneyards. So far I've got nothin.

Thanks for any input, again?
-Gary
Old 07-14-2006, 10:37 AM
DLC

Car Info: 2000 Leg GT LTD
93-01 Imprezas share some of the same components, though you'd be better off with the earlier years for compatibility. For a driveshaft, however, you're going to be limited to the Legacy, as it has a longer wheelbase than the Impreza.
Old 07-14-2006, 01:36 PM

Car Info: 93 legacy L wagon
Thanks, been calling around and have found a partial legacy wagon, so I'll bring the old stuff up there for matching. appreciate it. Hopefully it'll be on the road by tomorrow night.
-gary