Latest i-Club Reviews, Features, and Articles Features, product reviews, tech, and news

WRC: Rally Deutschland - 4th Consecutive German win for Loeb

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2005, 05:46 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Legacy GT
WRC: Rally Deutschland - 4th Consecutive German win for Loeb

Full Story from wrc.com

Citroen motorsport boss Guy Frequelin has said he's delighted with the drivers of the French firm's works, privateer and Junior World Rally Championship cars on this weekend's OMV ADAC Rallye, after a clean sweep of results - a one-two overall, a one-two in the J-WRC and the best result by a privateer on the German event.

Factory drivers Sebastien Loeb and Francois Duval were unrivalled at the head of the field, dominating the timesheets until they finally eased off on the final leg. Loeb took the win with Duval a strong second. In the J-WRC the Citroen C2s of Spaniard Dani Sordo and Briton Kris Meeke were a comfortable first and second. Finally Spaniard Xavier Pons was the top privateer in his OMV World Rally Team Xsara in ninth place overall.

"It was a great result for Citroen," said Frequelin at the finish. "One-two on the rally overall and also first and second in the J-WRC, plus the top privateer result. Seb did an exceptional job as we were expecting. I also expected Francois to be quick here and I wasn't disappointed. He drove a very good rally, very mature, and did everything we asked of him. It's clear that as a package Citroen and Michelin worked very well here."

Citroen is now six points clear of Peugeot at the top of the manufacturers' championship table, but Frequelin is in no mood yet to take anything for granted. "I'm not the sort of person who ever assumes anything until it's done," he said. "It's looking good, but it can still go wrong."
Attached Images