Latest i-Club Reviews, Features, and Articles Features, product reviews, tech, and news

WRC: Rally New Zealand - Loeb wins his first Rally NZ

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2005, 01:19 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Legacy GT
WRC: Rally New Zealand - Loeb wins his first Rally NZ

Full Story from wrc.com

Propecia Rally new Zealand winner Sebastien Loeb reckons improvements made to the Citroen Xsara and improved tyres from Michelin gave him the edge he needed to beat double champion Marcus Gronholm and title winner Petter Solberg and score his second win of the season. The Frenchman's victory is major boost to his 2004 title defence.

Loeb took the lead on the fourth stage of the rally and then gradually pulled away from his rivals to record a comfortable win, underlining his superiority with a comprehensive and seemingly effortless 10-second victory on the final stage of the rally, when he had no real need to push. The reigning champion - who won the Monte Carlo season-opener - is now back up to second in the drivers' points standings, one point behind Sweden and Mexico winner Solberg, after problems in those two events.

"It's been a tough event," said the Frenchman, "But above all I'm pleased with the improvements the team has made to the car. If you look at where we were in New Zealand last year compared to this year, it's clear to say that a lot of progress has been made, especially on the suspension and engine. Michelin also had a new hard compound tyre this year which worked very well - on the second run through the stages, when they were cleaner, that's where the tyres worked well. Before the rally I was a little worried about the title situation, but now I'm a lot calmer, being one point behind."

As a special treat, i-club member mrtsb4 took some pictures of the event. Pictures will be attached in comments of this thread.
Attached Images  

Last edited by Nick Koan; 04-11-2005 at 02:27 PM.
Old 04-11-2005, 01:25 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Legacy GT
More pics to come later
Attached Thumbnails WRC: Rally New Zealand - Loeb wins his first Rally NZ-start-1.jpg   WRC: Rally New Zealand - Loeb wins his first Rally NZ-start-2.jpg   WRC: Rally New Zealand - Loeb wins his first Rally NZ-start-3.jpg   WRC: Rally New Zealand - Loeb wins his first Rally NZ-start-4.jpg   WRC: Rally New Zealand - Loeb wins his first Rally NZ-start-5.jpg  

WRC: Rally New Zealand - Loeb wins his first Rally NZ-start-6.jpg  
Old 04-11-2005, 04:41 PM
This Guy Can Hella Draw!

Car Info: '14 MBP FXT | '03 WW Evo VIII
Great pics! That new Michelin tire was kicking butt all weekend.