Latest i-Club Reviews, Features, and Articles Features, product reviews, tech, and news

Subaru Press Release about the 06 STI

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2005, 01:26 AM

hate it, wut has happened to my beloved subaru?! no more fogs, ricey tails, and economy car looking front end. why car gods why?! is subaru breaking out of the rally game or something?! only thing i like is the redone hood scoop. looks more ol school and not so bulky. old school gc8 all the way! i have and actual gc8, thats right 00 4dr wrx woot, gotta love engine swaps!
Old 08-08-2005, 04:42 AM

Car Info: 04 WRB WRX
06 STi

I was just in Las Vegas last week driving on the interstate and I saw a truck carrying about 6-8 of the new STis...didnt know they were already being shipped...anyone have any info when dealers are supposed to be getting them?
Old 08-10-2005, 01:45 PM

Car Info: 2004 STI
I have one on order. I'm not sure if I will trade my 04 for it or not. The dealer said my car is in Vancouver (I'm in Edmonton) an should be coming anyday now.
Old 08-10-2005, 06:33 PM

Car Info: 2005 WRX Wagon
'06 Sti - They are on the ground

I saw a white one at Marin Mazda-Subaru yesterday, they were just unloading it off the truck.

It's a much better looking car in person than in photos. I didn't like the looks of the thing much when I first saw it, but a bit more exposure plus seeing it in person made the difference.

I just bought an '05 WRX from Marin M-S, and I've been treated very well. PM me for details, I'll be happy to share this positive experience.

Best,

- Eli
Santa Rosa, CA
http://www.mirafiori.com
Old 08-18-2005, 10:16 PM

Thumbs down The new WRX is full queer!!!

What the hell where they thinking, it looks like the crushed the front in. The lights are so, so small and queer it looks like girly car. The new front grill design is shocking it doesnt even look like tough car anymore looks like hyundai. The back and the side are wide and tought but looks like there just stuck some girl small lights on. The whole front end curves down. This is worst then the round light series. The lights wouldnt of been so bad if they actually matched the shape of the car, they could of least made it bigger instead of bring the whole body in making it look all slim. The lights and the grill are way to small. THe grill looks like alfa romeo one. The whole front end needs to be rework. This is pure *** car its meant to look tough not or girly, they have made a serious mistake with this design. What did they run out of ideas. It looks like queer eye for straight guy designed it. Everyone i know hates it, bad move subuaru. This is Rally car not swift!!

I've owned subarus for ten years, and now i'm gunna go for a mitsubishi for sure, this would have to be the biggest pile of crap that subaru have ever released, no way they are getting my hard earned money this time!

If you wanna look like a girl, or homosexual, this is the car for you.
What a piece of S%*T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-19-2005, 11:50 PM

Car Info: 2006 STI, Grey
Just bought one. It looks more aerodynamical... Plus you can beat the Projector Head lights. THey are so cool when you turn them on........ which they are on all the time.
Old 09-04-2005, 01:22 AM

Car Info: 06 Blue/Gold WRX STi
Originally Posted by newsubarusgay
What the hell where they thinking, it looks like the crushed the front in. The lights are so, so small and queer it looks like girly car. The new front grill design is shocking it doesnt even look like tough car anymore looks like hyundai. The back and the side are wide and tought but looks like there just stuck some girl small lights on. The whole front end curves down. This is worst then the round light series. The lights wouldnt of been so bad if they actually matched the shape of the car, they could of least made it bigger instead of bring the whole body in making it look all slim. The lights and the grill are way to small. THe grill looks like alfa romeo one. The whole front end needs to be rework. This is pure *** car its meant to look tough not or girly, they have made a serious mistake with this design. What did they run out of ideas. It looks like queer eye for straight guy designed it. Everyone i know hates it, bad move subuaru. This is Rally car not swift!!

I've owned subarus for ten years, and now i'm gunna go for a mitsubishi for sure, this would have to be the biggest pile of crap that subaru have ever released, no way they are getting my hard earned money this time!

If you wanna look like a girl, or homosexual, this is the car for you.
What a piece of S%*T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
dude, u have ur opinions. and if ur going to respond like this, i think u can just keep it to yourself, you seem like the kind of person that when you see a "new" STI, you'll start keying the crap out of it. Go ahead to Mitsubishi, ill wave at you as i drive by while ur always gettin maintenance..

i dont understand why some people just rag on. get some respect..
Old 10-11-2005, 02:02 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: AWD & RWD JDM
Right on Desert M.

Anyhow, I just got the 06 STI last week, and let me tell you, it looks way better than the 05, and is parsecs ahead of the 02 WRX I traded in. I just love how non-06 wrx/sti owners gawk when I drive by them.

Lastly:
F%ck the Haters! Keep on driving your Hondas you impecunious and obtuse losers!

Last edited by herrjr; 11-10-2005 at 02:11 PM.
Old 11-01-2005, 11:41 PM

Car Info: Top Secret
Talking Nothin' but LUV...

G's Up...Hoes Down...4-Bangin' all day baby, and your just a hair on the ***** of society. Holla!
Old 11-19-2005, 11:51 PM

Car Info: 1995 Impreza
06 sti looks okay only whenn the hood's up

RePeaT afTeR mE: ThIs iS mY SuBaRu, WitHout mY SuBarU I dOn't eXist, WitHout Me My sUbarU doN't ExisT!

:banana: (()) :banana:

Last edited by HungweiLo; 11-20-2005 at 11:04 AM.