Latest i-Club Reviews, Features, and Articles Features, product reviews, tech, and news

2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi Announced!

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2003, 01:07 PM

Car Info: '04 Deep Blue .:R32
Originally posted by technik
Here is a link for you all. Specs and pricing. Keep in mind pricing is in the Japanese Yen.

http://www.japanvehicles.com/newcars...model/main.htm

Enjoy fighting amongst yourselves to figure out what the price is going to be. lol....
3,587,000 JPY ~ $30,118.87
That's for a WRX STi with the electronic gadgets, HIDs, and 17" wheels.

I'm new to the Rex and Evo cars, but I'm seriously considering both as my next vehicle. We need a second "family" car -- we currently have an S4 Avant and my Mk4 GTI VR6, which has been a fun car, too. :P Both the STi and Evo have 4 doors, so there's a qualifier!

I'm just beginning to learn about aftermarket availability for both, but I don't think that will be a major deciding factor for me. Both will be tuner-friendly. Gotta see & drive each one to make an informed decision... Just gotta wait...
Old 01-08-2003, 01:25 PM

Originally posted by cobraKLR
No STI has ever beat an EVO? Gotta disagree with that. Have you ever heard of the WRC. That is extreme mods at its finest. And yes the STI has beaten the EVO there many times
Yes and no to the statement(s) above.

In WRC, it's more of a driver's competiton than a manufacturer's competition. The environment isn't exactly controlled because you can disintegrate tires, break transmissions, fall off cliffs, etc. -- all of those tend to slow you down. Plus, you can't memorize a rally course like you can a smooth, closed track. If the STi beat the Evo, it was largely due to the driver being better and (to an extent) having more luck at the time of the race. Same thing goes if the Evo beat the STi. Speaking of WRC, those Peugeot 206's have been doing pretty well, ey?
Old 01-08-2003, 01:34 PM

Originally posted by cobraKLR
The 402,000 yen model is more in line with the US model. This still dosen't apply because the motors are different (JDM is 2.0L) and you have to consider the cost of overseas shipping, etc.
True. That's how I figured it. 3,185,000 JPY + 402,000 JPY (for options) = 3,587,000 JPY. Still, I expect (read: hope for) low $30k's.

Quick Reply: 2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi Announced!