Interior, Exterior & Lighting Bodykits, wings, seats, performance gauges, interior and exterior lighting.

Windshield Fluid Sprayer Blocked

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2004, 09:03 AM

Car Info: 2004 WRX Sedan
Do you have an air compressor? I would try blowing some air through the line with the regulator set kind of low. Is it just frozen?

Just a thought.
Old 02-02-2004, 10:12 AM

Car Info: 1998 Subaru Legacy L 5-speed
I had this problem when I got my used subie. Here are a few things to try.

1st, take out the tank and clean it, mine had something in it that had clogged the lines I think, cleaning it made a small improvement

2nd take a braided wire and pull it apart until you have one very narrow strand, poke this through the nozzle to clear it out

3rd if the lines are visibly dirtied, remove those possibe and clean them out with a pipe cleaner

4th, and this was the most effective thing that worked for me is to take it to a dealer and they can adjust them. I'm not quite sure how they did it but not only did they spray a little better but they sprayed higher. I just had them do it when it was in for a service but I'm sure your shop could do it whenever.

GOOD LUCK!
Old 02-02-2004, 04:13 PM

Car Info: 1997 impreza L
good info, mine got clogged after I waxed my car. So watch out for that next time you buff around them.
Old 02-10-2004, 09:47 AM

Car Info: 1998 Subaru Legacy L 5-speed
Originally posted by oursTOdestroy
my passenger side was doing the same thing
i went to walmart and picked up a tubing replacement kit for 3$ (cdn$) and just replaced that piece of tubing, as it was actually the tube and not the sprayer. no im squirtin' like a champ!
alright for walmart automotive, j/k thats a good idea, I might do that to replace my ugly browning lines
Old 11-04-2004, 10:34 AM

Car Info: '05 Crystal Grey Metallic WRX Sport Wagon
Mine are clogged real bad somewhere too...I think from when I had the car detailed. This is funny to me thougu, because there's an easy way to make sure wax doesn't get in there; take a small piece of maskng tape and put it over the hole while you're waxing. I'm never going back to the place I had mine detailed because they're pros and didn't even know that trick.