Interior, Exterior & Lighting Bodykits, wings, seats, performance gauges, interior and exterior lighting.

LED install fail

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2014, 08:58 PM

Car Info: 2007 wrx wagon
LED install fail

Got leds to throw into my gauge cluster since I had two burnt out spots anyway....

Installed them and turned it on, looked awesome and I was stoked.

Started putting it back together when I noticed the burning smell.

Somehow between me testing it and turning the car off I somehow burnt out something. I checked all the fuses in the car and I checked all the wires into the harnesses for the cluster. I did not find a single thing burnt. The gauges all light up except the tach, speedo, fuel and the temp. Dimmer works just fine.

I checked the fuse box in the engine area and nothing wrong there. Tail lights work and have power.

From searching every install thread and anything about power to the gauges, the only thing I can come up with is the intergrated module/illumination control module got a short or something.

Does anybody have any tips or suggestions or anything? I have been looking all day and I may buy a new module.

I also might just get a version 9 sti cluster haha but if the module is bad I will be in the same boat.

any tips or advice would be appreciated times 1006.5